The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early

+2
Bathite
BATH_BTGOG
6 posters

Go down

Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early Empty Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

Good news in a way for Bath or is it?

Donald looks like he is set to miss out on a place in the All Blacks squad for the World Cup, does this mean Bath have signed yet another dud?

Graham Henry's reason "We just think other people are playing better right now,"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/13875854.stm
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early Empty Re: Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early

Post by Bathite Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:31 pm

Who was the last dud we signed? Think recruitment over the last few years has been great. Some risks taken as well and not many failures

Harrison
Hape
Carraro
Claassens
Biggs
Skirving
Watson
Louw

??

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early Empty Re: Stephen Donald on his way to Bath early

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

Not what you call world beaters are they!

We were promised a top class player, Donald can't even get into the All Black training squad for the World Cup, whats that sound?

is it alarm bells ringing?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

To be honest he's not a bad player at Super 15 level. Just rubbish in the black jersey.

Last time I looked Bath's jersey wasn't black so he should be fine Smile

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:Not what you call world beaters are they!

We were promised a top class player, Donald can't even get into the All Black training squad for the World Cup, whats that sound?

is it alarm bells ringing?

I think that your being a little harsh there. As a Saints fan I would be more than happy to see him at the Gardens. Some very good players can't always transfer their skill's to the international game (such as Charlie Hodgson). He has looked very good in the past in S15.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:00 pm

I think its possible that Donald was not picked because he already had plans to go to Bath immediately after the RWC anyway. Most likely the differences between him and the people immediately behind him on the pecking order is small. Frankly, I am not sure this is a great signing. But he can perform and if no one else decent was available, then it might be an OK signing. I don't think he will dominate the game here, just as he didn't dominate back in NZ.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

doctor_grey wrote:I think its possible that Donald was not picked because he already had plans to go to Bath immediately after the RWC anyway. Most likely the differences between him and the people immediately behind him on the pecking order is small. Frankly, I am not sure this is a great signing. But he can perform and if no one else decent was available, then it might be an OK signing. I don't think he will dominate the game here, just as he didn't dominate back in NZ.

GH has said that if it's a close decision he'll pick the guy who's hanging around. I've been saying for a while that Donald will be a great signing for an NH team, he's pretty good at Jeff/Nesbitt level and won't be out of place in HEC.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down