The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha)

+12
robbo277
LivinginItaly
Raymond
Stellar Key
ECricket
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
JDizzle
The Beast from the East
ShankyCricket
Hoggy_Bear
Fists of Fury
activereactive
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha) - Page 2 Empty Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha)

Post by activereactive Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chris Tremlett is confident he can play a key role for England in their forthcoming Test series against India.
The six-foot, seven-inch, Surrey bowler was man of the series against Sri Lanka and in the final Test at the Rose Bowl took 6-48 in the first innings.
Tremlett, 29, believes his height helps make him a difficult bowler to play against and he wants to make his mark against India who travel to England as the world's top-ranked Test nation.
Tremlett, who made his Test debut against India four years ago, said: "Jimmy Anderson is obviously a great bowler but I offer something different with my bounce and pace.
"If we get pitches like we did at the Rose Bowl, with a bit more bounce, I am sure they are going to find it uncomfortable.
"I'm probably the tallest bowler around in the world so I do offer something a bit different.
"My bounce can be awkward on certain pitches so hopefully I can keep doing what I am doing and causing a threat to batsmen from any team."

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.skysports.com%2Farticle%2Fsports%2F7002900&ei=n3METriiIZCq8AOYqPXEDQ&usg=AFQjCNELFJPY-3JJM-4b1iGeWZIbBAsbBg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris baby just wait, n see how Sehwag and Gambhir will torment you.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha) - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha)

Post by msp83 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

Indians are good players of spin, and although he has a decent record against India, Graeme Swann can't be expected to run through Indian batting regularly as he did against Pak last summer alongside Jimmy. Stuart Broad hasn't been picking many wickets recently, and I don't think his short ball tactics are going to work much against India, as he doesn't bowl with express pace. If it doesn't swing big all throughout, Anderson, particularly with the old ball, may not be able to trouble Dravid, Sachin and VVS a great deal.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha) - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Tremlett wants be awkward with Indians (hahahahaha)

Post by msp83 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:27 am

And don't underestimate Virender Sehwag!, although some of the English supporters would like to believe that he is a bit of a flat track bully, the reality is otherwise. He has not played much in England, but in 02 where he started opening the batting, he made scores of 84 and 106 in testing conditions in typical Sehwag style. And that typical style means the bowlers tend to travel quite a bit. And if you don't know it already, he scored 100s in SA(his first one came there in his debut match, coming in at 68-4) and Australia(where he has scores of 195 and 151 notout) and he can face up to any bowlers.
In India's batting, the number 6 is a bit of a weakspot, its not even clear who's going to be playing there. Pujara who played in SA is one for the future, Raina who's doing the job at present is a great potential but I am not too sure about his ability to deal with English conditions. But another Left-hander who had similar technical issues, Sourav Ganguly, has a very good record in England.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Mon 27 Jun 2011, 7:28 pm

Did not Indian batsmen like Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, etc managed to make Pakistani pace machines redundant? Did not these hard hitters, forced the so called pace trio retire early??
Now tell me who the hell these Jimmy and Chrissy babies?
They too will be pondering early retirement soon as Ind Eng series end.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:07 pm

English, please, activereactive.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellar Key Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

This is really posturing by indians and doesn't impress me. So called giants of the game have come here and failed when conditions fail to suit them. Their best hope is that England's panel of selectors rely on continuity as a strength and not pick the best available bowler if Broad is still struggling with his form.

Stellar Key

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:26 pm

Well, other than English weather, the UDRS is now going to help India win the series.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

Activereactive, have you been on the Smarties again, mate?

Love how you change your tune from last week 'UDRS is unreliable' etc etc to now claiming it will win the series for India.

UDRS brings Swann (who, for the record, is light years better than Harbajhan) right into the mix, LBW's ahoy!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Activereactive, have you been on the Smarties again, mate?

Love how you change your tune from last week 'UDRS is unreliable' etc etc to now claiming it will win the series for India.

UDRS brings Swann (who, for the record, is light years better than Harbajhan) right into the mix, LBW's ahoy!

Not if Hawkeye isn't part of it.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

Actually I'm not sure how the rule with hawkeye works. Is it at the discretion of the host team, or does it need to be a joint agreement between the two sides? I hope it is up to the ECB whether to use it or not, we don't want another case of a cricketing giant such as India holding up the development of the game.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

What has hawkeye predictive part gotta do with development of the game? Rolling Eyes

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

Erm, just the minor fact that it will help get more decisions correct....

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:34 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Erm, just the minor fact that it will help get more decisions correct....

"Correct" based on what? Are you saying hawkeye decisions are correct because hawkeye claims so?

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

Whilst ball tracking technology is not 100% accurate, it is accurate enough to overturn what the naked eye sees. It will show up any horrible errors of judgement by an umpire, that's for sure.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:06 pm

You should first try to read what decision has been taken regarding hawkeye, we can argue after that

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:19 am

Don't think UDRS being there is going to benefit any particular team as such.
The technology has helped bowlers more, and spinners in particular has got more LBW decisions going their way. with the introduction of the technology, umpires have tended to give more frontfoot LBWS, even without the technology.

But in the India-England Series, I don't think ball tracking technology will be in use. Hotspot has been made mandatory, and that will, to a great extend, help avoid absolute howlers.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:55 am

Yeah it should do MSP, which is nice. All they need now is to increase the ball tracking technology accuracy, and speed up the process of snicko maybe, and we will have a top class system in place to try and iron out the few errors made through human judgement.

We musn't forget that the umpires are extremely good at what they do, and they are right far more often that not. This system is to aid them, not overrule them.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Fists of Fury
You are absolutely right, now the emphasis should be on more of R&D so that the tracking technology can be improved to a level where it gains more acceptance.
Most umpires are doing a pretty good job, and the UDRS has exposed umpires like Ashoka and Harper for their incompetence that otherwise would have been taken as a few natural errors. that they have been demoted and in Harper's case retired has been made possible to some extend by the UDRS.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

Change of tune?? I was in the 1st 5 posters on UDRS thread, where I expressed my regrets, for India not accepting UDRS, and I clearly said then India will end up as loser, now since India is for UDRS, I can say with confidence India will benefit the most with UDRS and win the series. Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:35 am

activereactive wrote:

Change of tune?? I was in the 1st 5 posters on UDRS thread, where I expressed my regrets, for India not accepting UDRS, and I clearly said then India will end up as loser, now since India is for UDRS, I can say with confidence India will benefit the most with UDRS and win the series. Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Why do you believe that India will benefit most from UDRS being in place?

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:29 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:
activereactive wrote:

Why do you believe that India will benefit most from UDRS being in place?

Going by the TREND, that we have seen it has gone in India's favour. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonLion Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

It will be a close series, with at least two draws I think. England's bowling is good (especially at home), but so is India's batting. Whereas I think England's batting is better than India's bowling, if they can be compared. As some posters have already alluded to: Broad isn't as good as the selectors like to think he is. I would go with Anderson, Finn, Tremlett and Swann. But what do I know, right? Strauss, Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Morgan, Prior, Swann, Anderson, Tremlett and Finn would trouble any Test side in England, including the #1 team in the world.

LondonLion

Back to top Go down

Post by indianmonk Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

LondonLion wrote:It will be a close series, with at least two draws I think. England's bowling is good (especially at home), but so is India's batting. Whereas I think England's batting is better than India's bowling, if they can be compared. As some posters have already alluded to: Broad isn't as good as the selectors like to think he is. I would go with Anderson, Finn, Tremlett and Swann. But what do I know, right? Strauss, Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Morgan, Prior, Swann, Anderson, Tremlett and Finn would trouble any Test side in England, including the #1 team in the world.

it will be a close series no doubt, pls welcome indians with bouncy, pacy, swinging pitches.

oh i remember
"what is sauce for the goose is sauce for gander also"

indianmonk

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

Don't think the English batters will have a huge advantage on bouncy and pacy track. In fact, that can play right into India's hands. Anyone remember England last test in South Africa when they went there last time around? The Indian bowling, in helpful conditions, will be quite a handful. The Indian batting, on full strength, has lot of experience to deal with tough bowling conditions. Dravid, Tendulkar, and VVS(the best dificult pitch batsman) have seen it all, and done it for years. Conditions doesn't apply for Virender Sehwag, and Gautam Gambhir has proved his mettle in such testing conditions.
And most of all, Ishant Sharma, a bowler of seriously great potential, has sourte of rediscovered himself, and that won't be good news for England.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2