The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a new heavyweight contender?

+2
Bob
eddyfightfan
6 posters

Go down

a new heavyweight contender? Empty a new heavyweight contender?

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

vitali has a new WBC mandatory challenger called berman "B WARE" stiverne. he's a canadian heavyweight who aged 32 is a late comer to the pro game. he has fought internationally as a amatuer picking up silver and bronze medals along the way, his record as an amatuer is 49-10, he hold wins over david price via KO and robert helenius on points. he didnt gain a position in the olympics after losing a qualifying fight in mexico against a mexican opponent, despite having him on the canvas 3 times.

he turned pro under don king and won his first 12 fights by KO all in under 3 rounds, most in the first. he then suffered his only professional loss, a 4th round KO from demetrice king. since then he has fought 10 times, winning 9 and one MD, scores of 57-57 57-57 and 58-56 (in favour of b ware). he won 8 of those fights by KO or TKO. the 2 names of note on his cv are kerston mansell (who holds a win over corry sanders) who went out to mike perez (the eventual winner who i highly rate) in the first round of prizefighter, and also a 10th round TKO of ray austin.

until this morning i had never heard of this guy, but having checked out some of his fights and reading up a little on him, im getting a little glimer of hope that there could be a new heavyweight ripe to fill the gap that the departure of mr haye in october will leave. its a little earlier to say but his power is amazing and he seem to be able to take a shot as well. will look forwards to seeing this guy in the future.

just wondering if you guys know much about this guy and what you recon his chances are of owning a world title one day in the future?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=324806&cat=boxer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvxQHxwrnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvxQHxwrnA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermane_Stiverne

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

a new heavyweight contender? Empty Re: a new heavyweight contender?

Post by Bob Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

What is impressive about a win over Corey Sanders?

This guy was getting outboxed by Austin for ten rounds......

April fools?

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

The guy from the WBC silver heavyweight fight??? LOL, he was awful last night and managed to land the one shot he needed. The rest of the fight he was getting a boxing lesson. Vitali and Wlad would smash him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

he's only just started his career really. and thats all it takes in the heavy division is one punch and boom, all over. i never said he would beat wlad and vitali, but with haye's retirement looming, and vitalis not to far away as well probably then there is a hole that needs filling in the heavyweight division and i think this guy, with a little improvement might be at the front of that pack.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

this guy is not a hw contender im afraid, austin was outboxing him with no power, a decent heavy would ko him inside 3 i am afraid,

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

I watched his fight last night and was not impressed. I think he became mandatory challenger for Vitali's WBC belt which is bad bad news for him as it will be a ridiculously one sided fight if it happens any time soon.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

he's not ready for vitali, but i think he does show promise, and the state of the scene at the moment i dont see any real threats to him. he's still early on in his pro career so he should improve, and i think he could be one to watch in the future.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Failed thread.

Please edit original post.

Consider the following: change of title, change of subject matter, change of protagonist.

Thankyou,

emancipator - special guest moderator between 21:22 and 22:00 today

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

Emancipator, I have sent you a PM, please read it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down