The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible FOTY contender

3 posters

Go down

Possible FOTY contender Empty Possible FOTY contender

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 12 Dec 2012, 2:09 pm

Maidana v Thurman

This fight is being talked about right now and it sounds on paper anyway as a great contest. Maidana impressed me on his last outing and always comes to fight. Thurman needs a real live name to prove himself but has the power to upset anyone.

If I was a betting man I would go for the Argentine as he is a more seasoned pro but Thurman's size might count against Maidana. Still a compelling fight none the less.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Possible FOTY contender Empty Re: Possible FOTY contender

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 12 Dec 2012, 2:38 pm

Yeah Maidana could be up there in the mix with Matthysse, Rios and Danny Garcia. Never seen Thurman but this has just prompted me to have a look on you tube.

Looking forward also to Salido v Mikey Garcia.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 12 Dec 2012, 5:00 pm

Should be a great fight but I think that Thurman will KO Maidana

Maidana is tough, has Power and showed in his last fight that he can box well when he wants to. However, a lot of what made maidana a nightmare at 140 has gone since the move up. He still has power, Karass is teak tough, but he doesnt have the same physcial presence and his power has been dulled. He throws alot of punches but most are arm punches as he losses gas pretty quickly. Karass was in the ascendancy before he got knocked out and maidana was struggling with his power, and karass doesnt hit too hard.

Thurman is doing everything right so far in his young career and while he isnt spectacular he is big at the weight and hits like a mule. Maidana has a big heart but he has been down and hurt alot and gets hit alot. Thurman is the biggest puncher he has fought to date and he wont have trouble finding maidana so i feel maidana will get knocked out after a spirited effort and a good fight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down