The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN

+3
The Special Juan
monty junior
SteveG
7 posters

Go down

Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN Empty Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN

Post by SteveG Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

and to make things worse tyre management has replaced racing.

how long will the beeb cover this one sided tye management spectacle.

Come on Hami go snap Vettels finger off - at least we'd have a laugh.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN Empty Re: Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

finally my pre season predictions are being realised by a few more people. Formula 1 is a joke. Its not racing anymore, its a conservation of tyres world championship and us the fans are being denied the opportunity to see drivers racing flat out, pushing themselves to the limit. Vettel didnt even break a sweat out there, shocking! Stupid f1 fans have been disiluisionised by DRS totally, making overtaking easier and taking all the skill out of manoeurving. Drivers like Hamilton do not suit this kind of formula 1. Lewis is racing in the wrong era and i hope he gets out quick. Season is over, dont be delusional like jenson after his win in canada. everyone with half a brain cell knew that in dry conditions the guy gets destroyed. F1 classic season......u must be joking! Vettel will be 2x WDC but in terms of going down in history he will never be truly recognised as a great as he doesnt have to battle with anyone.

Back to top Go down

Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN Empty Re: Vettel wins again in the most boring race so far - YAWN

Post by monty junior Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:31 pm

What Hamilton should get out of F1 because he can't win all the time? there have been many seasons like this where a car driver package is too good for the rest. In general the races have been better this year though.

However despite the new season i find this car's car performance markedly similar to last year. Redbull the best, then Ferrari and Mclaren with a gap to Mercedes then Renault and the rest of the midfield just after mixing up who's better from race to race then we have the last three teams in the same order miles off the pace. Teams keep saying about updates, but nobody seems to have improved or changed much over the last year and a half of racing.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:08 pm

Must say I'm dissapointed in Mclaren. No matter how many millions are spent they just cannot get anywhere near Red Bulls aero package. Hamilton, speaking after todays race mentioned that they could be even further behind come Silverstone. WHAT ?? Hells bells just what is going on !!

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:16 pm

Silverstone is historically a redbull track. Alot of fast corners, i'd expect redbull easily take the one-two.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

B4 this engine mapping saga came to a head and the off throttle gases situation, i was told many a time that this was basically because red bull and in particular the renault engine were gaining the most out of this technology. the mapping was aiding red bull qualifying and the gases were aiding the red bull downforce and improving the reliability of the engine. Now, i hear that the rival teams i.e mclaren (who must of petitioned for this rule change) are now going to lose or be impeded the most out of this rule change. absolute joke mclaren are. as long as newey is in f1 he will almost certainly produce a car that is a world beater. for the good of f1 in 2012 mark webber must retire. Its becoming a joke, how uncompeititive he is to seb. If lewis or a possible return for Kimi is on the cards then surely one of these two must replace mark. f1 may have become more exciting with artificial overtaking and crumbling tyres but f1 is about racing and getting a champion. at the moment we have a conservation of tyres championship and a driver who is dominant who eases to wins with no pressure. joke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

I'm not anti Vettel before I say anything.

Seb's work is done on Saturday. If he gets pole, he will win a dry race. He only does enough. The only thing that irritates me about him is his smugness but I can't blame him as he's raking in millions and is a constant winner. I'll be glad when he wins the title because he'll replace Alonso as the youngest ever double WC. And he'll march off into the sunset in Silverstone with Webber 30secs behind him in 2nd.

This was the worst "race" (procession more like) I have ever seen. I was contemplating switching off but thought I'd show respect to Vettel by at least waiting until he'd crossed the line.

And apparently the BBC have a choice to make:Get rid of F1 (it costs £40million per race according to a source) or keep it and dump BBC 4, the dullest channel on the TV (mind you, I'd rather watch "A History of Botany" than that race again).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

TSC wrote:

And apparently the BBC have a choice to make:Get rid of F1 (it costs £40million per race according to a source) or keep it and dump BBC 4, the dullest channel on the TV (mind you, I'd rather watch "A History of Botany" than that race again).

Nah can't believe that. £40m per year perhaps. However on the evidence of today's race it's far too much

Give it to Sky and let them put it on PPV

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

Formula1 has single handely crippled the BBC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

As much as I despise Vettel's easy wins and his finger, you've got to hand it to Redbull. They've beaten the might of Ferrari and Mclaren with relative ease and the current championship is a joke.

There's no point in continuing the championship, it's over already. Would have to rely on motogp for my racing fix as F1 doesn't offer interesting quali or races anymore.

Thanks Pirelli and the FIA for one major screw up

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

John wrote:B4 this engine mapping saga came to a head and the off throttle gases situation, i was told many a time that this was basically because red bull and in particular the renault engine were gaining the most out of this technology. the mapping was aiding red bull qualifying and the gases were aiding the red bull downforce and improving the reliability of the engine. Now, i hear that the rival teams i.e mclaren (who must of petitioned for this rule change) are now going to lose or be impeded the most out of this rule change. absolute joke mclaren are. as long as newey is in f1 he will almost certainly produce a car that is a world beater. for the good of f1 in 2012 mark webber must retire. Its becoming a joke, how uncompeititive he is to seb. If lewis or a possible return for Kimi is on the cards then surely one of these two must replace mark. f1 may have become more exciting with artificial overtaking and crumbling tyres but f1 is about racing and getting a champion. at the moment we have a conservation of tyres championship and a driver who is dominant who eases to wins with no pressure. joke

Most of the teams petitioned for a change in the rule, but none more so than Ferrari who led the argument against the off throttle blown diffusers. If Silverstone is overcast and less than about 18 deg C then McLaren will be quick, any hotter than 25 and Ferrari will be quick, its all about tyre temperature. Notice how McLaren were very quick in Canada, when it was colder than usual. This is because the McLarens take no time to get heat into the tyres, the Ferrari's on the other hand take longer and the Red Bull's are in between. This also works for Valencia where Ferrari didn't struggle to get heat into the tyres as it was hot but McLarens tyres were overheating and they also drove comparatively better on the medium tyre today. This is also why the Ferrari enjoys the softer tyre far more as it takes less time to get heat into.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:43 pm

Yeah, I think my "source" may have been wrong. £40mil per race is a lot.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

I think BBC should spend there money on other sports... TNA wrestling would be a decent cheaper option

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Mon 27 Jun 2011, 7:30 am

I don't think anyone should over react because of one boring race which most people expected to be boring. We have been treated to amazing races this season if you look beyond 1st place but you can't expect excitement all the time.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:56 am

fantantonio wrote:I don't think anyone should over react because of one boring race which most people expected to be boring. We have been treated to amazing races this season if you look beyond 1st place but you can't expect excitement all the time.

I know mate, but Vettel has been on pole for every race this season and apart from the excellent drives and strategy by Hamilton and Button in China and Canada, he would have won every single race this season. It's getting old really fast, if he doesn't have a couple of DNFs soon, I see no point in continuing the championship.

Hats off to RedBull for developing an amazing car and Vettel for concentrating and winning races. Ferrari and Mclaren need to hang their heads in shame. They are being beaten all ends up by a Fizzy drinks company (their own words).

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

It's been an incredibly exciting season race by race (except Valencia) but looking at the season as a whole (poles and winners) it's been pretty naff.

Oh yeah, Hamilton says he'll keep fighting for the title. It is all over, that's just media talk, but I admire them for saying it unlike Alonso. Even though it's all over, they (McLaren) will do well not to just sit back and turn up at races for the sake of it. I bet they'd love to score some more victories this season and prove they are the second best team of the season behind an unbelievably good car.

Last edited by TSC on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

From positions 2nd down to 18th it's been a very exciting season

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 27 Jun 2011, 7:29 pm

Hey Fanta good shout - if we forget Vettel exists and look at the Hami/Alonso/Webber/Button battle where its actually competative and pretend that's the battle for first place we may salavage a bit of interest.
Yep that just might work. Very Happy

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:23 am

SteveG wrote:Hey Fanta good shout - if we forget Vettel exists and look at the Hami/Alonso/Webber/Button battle where its actually competative and pretend that's the battle for first place we may salavage a bit of interest.
Yep that just might work. Very Happy

I'm full of great ideas Wink

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down