The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

+41
spencerclarke
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
razzaq
Day V Lately
PPVxHOTTY
WelshDevilRob
d260005p
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
HumanWindmill
Young_Towzer
TopHat24/7
wow_junky
The Galveston Giant
Eyetoldyouso
JJJohnson
Mind the windows Tino.
Steffan
King Raoh
sodhat
wheelchair1991
Dominic Dicoco
JDizzle
ian_jamsie
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
Il Gialloblu
Knowsit17
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Fists of Fury
Rowley
eddyfightfan
The genius of PBF
Lumbering_Jack
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Michaels, Sean
coxy0001
bhb001
compelling and rich
Daz
Union Cane
45 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round - Page 10 Empty Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

Post by Union Cane Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane's Prediction League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Eleven Results

1. Vitali Klitschko v. Tomasz Adamek (12) Vitali Klitschko TKO 10 (LKO)
2. Yuriorkis Gamboa v. Daniel Ponce de Leon (12) Yuriorkis Gamboa TD 8 (LKO)
3. Paul McCloskey v. Breidis Prescott (12) Paul McCloskey UD
4. Juan Carlos Salgado v. Argenis Mendez (12) Juan Carlos Salgado UD
5. Oliver McCall v. Bert Cooper (10)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Eleven Review

Tomasz Adamek is a two-weight world champion, and therefore clearly no mug, but he was no match for Vitali Klitschko. Simply too small to compete, Adamek did well to last as long as he did but was never going to beat the bigger man.

Paul McCloskey should change his name to McLucky, after a terrible start he somehow managed to turn things round (helped no doubt by the home crowd cheering every punch he threw, let alone landed) and get a controversial decision against Breidis Prescott.

Some very high scores this week, even without the McCall / Cooper result, which is not in yet. which is now a voided fight.

When will I learn not to use fights from these back-water third-world countries?

'Predictor of the Week' is a tricky one this week, with Mind the windows Tino., alma, licence_007 and Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn all getting all four fights spot on and amassing 16 points each. As it's impossible to split them, this week's award goes to Michaels, Sean, who, despite all the points on offer, still only managed a paltry 3 points. Took some doing that, well done Sean.

Week Eleven League Table

Position User Name Weekly Score Total Score
The genius of PBF
coxy0001
Knowsit17
Union Cane
rowley
Jdizzle
Mind the windows Tino.
Dazstarr
ian_jamsie
compelling and rich
=11
sodhat
=11
alma
=13
Il Gialloblu
=13
The Galveston Giant
=15
Eyetoldyouso
=15
JJJohnson
TopHat24/7
Michaels, Sean
bhb001
=20
licence_007
------
--------------------
----------
----------
=20
eddyfightfan
WelshDevilRob
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Boxtthis
prettyboykev
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Super D Boon
TRUSSMAN66
PPVxHOTTY
=30
Sugar Boy Sweetie
=30
Day V Lately
Dominic Dicoco
=33
Solder_of_Fortune
=33
Steffan
d260005p
Scottrf
Lumbering_Jack
wow_junky
spencerclarke
wheelchair1991
King Raoh

Week Twelve Fights

It's the final week, so we are going out in style with ten fights to predict :

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12)
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12)
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10)
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8)
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12)
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12)
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10)
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8)
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12)
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8)

Remember, the Top 20 qualify for next season's Prediction Premiership, so it is all to play for.

Get predicting, and good luck!

Scoring and Rules

For any newcomers and the forgetful, scoring and rules as follows :

• Predict the winner - 1 point

• - Predict the method (KO*/Pts) - 1 point

• - - Predict Early / Late (for KO) or Unanimous / Split / Majority (for Pts) - 1 point

• Get all three above correct - 1 bonus point

• 10 points will be awarded for correctly predicting a draw.

• *TKO, DQ, TD or Retirement all count as KO

• I will list fights 1 - 5, this list will be definitive, when predicting please list fights in the same order.

• Any entries that are subsequently amended will be void.

• If a fight is cancelled, or if a fighter drops out and is replaced, that fight is then void.

I think that just about covers it, any questions feel free to ask.

Predictor of the Week Award

Week One Knowsit17
Week Two Knowsit17
Week Three The genius of PBF
Week Four Sugar Boy Sweetie
Week Five Il Gialloblu
Week Six coxy0001
Week Seven ian_jamsie
Week Eight eddyfightfan
Week Nine coxy0001
Week Ten JJJohnson
Week Eleven Michaels, Sean
Week Twelve -

Last edited by Union Cane on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:49 am; edited 113 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round - Page 10 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:28 am

Steffan wrote:I dont really remember UC caption competition to be honest.

Erm
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round - Page 10 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - 12th and Final Round

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:31 am

Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:I dont really remember UC caption competition to be honest.

Erm

I probably do remember it somewhere in there but the old 606 is a bit of a blur to be honest and I didnt post much towards the end. Do you want the caption competition back end of this week by the way?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:32 am

Djenny Lukusa v. Douglas Chilembe (12) DRAW
Koji Sato v. Fukutaro Ujiie (12) sato UD
Froilan Saludar v. Gabriel Pumar (12) saludar late KO
Randy Petalcorin v. Michel Rodriguez (12) petalcorin UD
Kelly Pavlik v. Darryl Cunningham (10) pavlik MD

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:34 am

Super D Boon wrote:I thought Union Cane did the caption competition anyways? How comes Steffan has it now? I thought Cane had the rights to both the Caption Comp and the Prediction League??

Did Mr Cane sell the IP on his caption competition to Steffan or did Steffan just steal it?

Wouldn't want to blow smoke up Union's a*se, but at least he chose entertaining pictures.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:37 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:I thought Union Cane did the caption competition anyways? How comes Steffan has it now? I thought Cane had the rights to both the Caption Comp and the Prediction League??

Did Mr Cane sell the IP on his caption competition to Steffan or did Steffan just steal it?

Wouldn't want to blow smoke up Union's a*se, but at least he chose entertaining pictures.

Your entitled to your opinion. Anyway as of next week feel free to do one yourself. Can make it as 'entertaining' as you want then OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:40 am

Steffan wrote:

Your entitled to your opinion. Anyway as of next week feel free to do one yourself. Can make it as 'entertaining' as you want then OK

Toys

Pram

Thrown

Kicked

Torched

Cried.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:41 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Toys

Pram

Thrown

Kicked

Torched

Cried.

Go

Do

One

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:48 am

You feel free to carry on Steffan, in all the hundreds of Caption Competitions I did I never actually picked a winner, so it wasn't really a competition.

In fact, I inverse reversely stole your idea I suppose.

So you carry on, you can always use this to find some better images...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+site%3Abbc.co.uk+bbc+606+union+cane+caption+competition
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:53 am

Maybe there were better ones I could of come up with. In my defense im pretty new to the whole concept to be honest. Still, not to worry now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 02 Aug 2011, 3:46 am

BTW I would also like to convey my surprise regarding your view of the Banal result. You seem to have counted it as a stoppage win when I would have deduced from the fact that the winner was decided by going to the cards (technical decision) that the result fell into the PTS category. Casting my eye over the Scoring and Rules section, I can find no point that specifies this situation.

That is unless you are counting a TD as a retirement or similar, which would lead to confusion as technically it was Banal who had to retire due to cuts.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:10 am

Steffan wrote:Maybe there were better ones I could of come up with. In my defense im pretty new to the whole concept to be honest. Still, not to worry now

In defence of Steffan (and I do not believe I'm doing this), the pictures look fine. Maybe we just need more imaginative captions! We do tend to be a group of ungrateful so and so's when someone tries to inject some thing different (or reintroduce in this case) in to the forum. It is too easy to criticise.

So, a round of applause to show my appreciation.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:18 am

bhb001 wrote:
Steffan wrote:Maybe there were better ones I could of come up with. In my defense im pretty new to the whole concept to be honest. Still, not to worry now

In defence of Steffan (and I do not believe I'm doing this), the pictures look fine. Maybe we just need more imaginative captions! We do tend to be a group of ungrateful so and so's when someone tries to inject some thing different (or reintroduce in this case) in to the forum. It is too easy to criticise.

So, a round of applause to show my appreciation.

Thanks OK

After the public slaying iv had off people like 'Mind the windows Tino.' its nice to know some people appreciated it

As you say its always easy to criticise when someone tries to do something. If they dont like the competition then surely just stay the hell away from it rather than go out of your way to slate things. Guess thats how it works around here though...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 6:59 am

Come on Steffan, my Prince of Wales, it is only in jest. I am sure you must be joking as no-one under the age of 10 would get so upset from some gentle ribbing over a free to enter, none-profit making, forum based competition with no actual prizes.

Listen my fire breathing dragon, if the Democrats and Republicans in the White House can be friends, so can you and I. As a peace offer, I will throw my full support behind Steffan's Caption Competition Week 4.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:18 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Come on Steffan, my Prince of Wales, it is only in jest. I am sure you must be joking as no-one under the age of 10 would get so upset from some gentle ribbing over a free to enter, none-profit making, forum based competition with no actual prizes.

Listen my fire breathing dragon, if the Democrats and Republicans in the White House can be friends, so can you and I. As a peace offer, I will throw my full support behind Steffan's Caption Competition Week 4.

{Read above while humming Why Can't we be Friends} Hug

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:24 am

bhb001 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Come on Steffan, my Prince of Wales, it is only in jest. I am sure you must be joking as no-one under the age of 10 would get so upset from some gentle ribbing over a free to enter, none-profit making, forum based competition with no actual prizes.

{Read above while humming Why Can't we be Friends} Hug

Can...feel...tear...coming...on Crying or Very sad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Boycott Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:14 pm

Long time reader first time poster. Was Cunningham on the contender?

Jeff Boycott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

Think you're confusing him with Sylvester Stallone mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:23 pm

That was Demolition Man, Jeff.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

Dear god it's a confusing old business.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

I was addressing jeff by the way, Jeff, not Jeff Boycott, although isn't Boycott a Geoff, jeff?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Boycott Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:I was addressing jeff by the way, Jeff, not Jeff Boycott, although isn't Boycott a Geoff, jeff?

Sir Geoffrey to you sir..... The limericks seem to have died a death in recent times Whistle

Jeff Boycott

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

Every possible limerick has been covered, there are no more possibilities left.

In answer to your original query, Contender series 4 winner Troy Ross went on to fight Steve Cunningham, that's as near as I can get.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

Right Union, you absolute rotter. Here are my guesses for this week:

1. Djenny Lukusa v. Douglas Chilembe (Lukusa LKO)
2. Koji Sato v. Fukutaro Ujiie (Sato EKO)
3. Froilan Saludar v. Gabriel Pumar (Saludar EKO)
4. Randy Petalcorin v. Michel Rodriguez (Petalcorin UD)
5. Kelly Pavlik v. Darryl Cunningham (Pavlik LKO)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:Every possible limerick has been covered, there are no more possibilities left.

In answer to your original query, Contender series 4 winner Troy Ross went on to fight Steve Cunningham, that's as near as I can get.

Every possible limerick was covered
'Tis true, the forum was smothered
No possibilities left
We're truly bereft
Of ideas, as yet undiscovered

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:14 pm

I stand corrected Windy.

Now do one about the star of this coming weekend's fights, Fukutaro Ujiie.

Ok!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:I stand corrected Windy.

Now do one about the star of this coming weekend's fights, Fukutaro Ujiie.

Ok!

The fighter, by name Fukutaro
Of course, is no Joe Louis Barrow
Nonetheless, he's a star
Destined to go far
If he stays on the straight and the narrow

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:24 pm

If I wore a hat I'd be doffing it.

Great stuff.

(I see you avoided his surname though!)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Thank you, Sir. However :

I believe you would have to agree
That rhyming the surname Ujiie
Is a difficult task
And too big an ask
For many, and definitely for me.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Union Cane wrote:If I wore a hat I'd be doffing it.

Great stuff.

(I see you avoided his surname though!)

Why don't you both continue your love in on the Limerick thread. I feel like I am intruding on something beautiful here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Quite remarkable. I will see your poetic lyrical mastery, and raise you interesting facts.

Union Cane wrote:In answer to your original query, Contender series 4 winner Troy Ross went on to fight Steve Cunningham, that's as near as I can get.

Troy Ross played John Henry Lewis in the film Cinderella Man, as well as a young version of Bob Satterfield in 'Resurrecting The Champ' (me neither) and he also played the role of Floyd Patterson in 'Phantom Punch'.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Why don't you both continue your love in on the Limerick thread. I feel like I am intruding on something beautiful here.

Sorry, I got caught up in the moment, forgot where I was...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Why don't you both continue your love in on the Limerick thread. I feel like I am intruding on something beautiful here.

Forgiven. Windy forgets where he is when he nips to the shop.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:

You forget, I was ringside at Reno
Rubbed shoulders with Rudolph Valentino
Which brings me to this :
Instead of taking the p**s
You'd do better to mind windows, Tino

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

You forget, I was ringside at Reno
Rubbed shoulders with Rudolph Valentino
Which brings me to this :
Instead of taking the p**s
You'd do better to mind windows, Tino

Very good. You can have that one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:00 pm

Thank you, Sire. You always were a great sport.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:28 pm

Union are there no british bouts?

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:Union are there no british bouts?

There's nothing listed mate. It will improve next week, I promise...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:43 pm

Union Cane wrote:
ian_jamsie wrote:Union are there no british bouts?

There's nothing listed mate. It will improve next week, I promise...

Can't get any worse my friend.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

Agbeko is fighting next week, so is David Tua, and I'm trying to sort out an opponent for Jermain Taylor, so at least we'll all have someone we've heard of. Well, apart from Jeff.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:22 am

Slow take-up again this week.

I suppose that, like me, everyone is following Randy Petalcorin on Twitter for fitness updates...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 03 Aug 2011, 4:43 am

Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do........

michaels.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

As you've probably seen, Kelly "The Drunken Monkey" Pavlik has pulled out of his fight with former 'Contender' winner-beating namesake Darryl Cunningham, so we're down to just the four fights and pure guesswork all around.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

Lukusa EKO
Sato UD
Saludar UD
Petalcorin LKO
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

All draws.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 03 Aug 2011, 7:44 pm

Really wanted to go with the guy who hates fortune telling, unfortunately he's rubbish. So:

Chilem be pts
Sato eko
Saludar eko
Petalcorin eko
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:58 am

Djenny Lukusa LKO
Koji Sato LKO
Froilan Saludar EKO
Randy Petalcorin EKO

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

It read like a "Who's Who" of the great and the good of 606v2, but this is actually a list of those who haven't posted their predictions for Week Six yet.

Jdizzle
The genius of PBF
Boxtthis
Il Gialloblu
ian_jamsie
sodhat
Dazstarr
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
The Galveston Giant
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Dominic Dicoco
Solder_of_Fortune
Steffan
Eyetoldyouso
JJJohnson
d260005p
Day V Lately
wow_junky
WelshDevilRob
prettyboykev
PPVxHOTTY
spencerclarke
wheelchair1991
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
King Raoh
Lumbering_Jack

I sense that interest may be on the wane.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:04 pm

I
sense that interest may be on the wane.

Should only run if for 4 weeks, i kept on at thingy for it being way too long. Same applies here, 12 weeks - with holidays? Not gonna work in my opinion

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:04 pm

No reminders Union, I am in a title race here, if people can't be bothered to post screw em, do they FA email Fergie to remind him he has a game coming up at the weekend.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 04 Aug 2011, 7:09 pm

rowley wrote:do they FA email Fergie to remind him he has a game coming up at the weekend.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

"Dear Sir Ferguson

We at the FA wanted to kindly remind you that your wonderful team have a game this Saturday, we have arranged for a hopeless Welsh outfit to be allowed into your league so that your boys can score lots of lovely goals. Don't bother about talking to the BBC, we won't fine you or anything, please can we have some tickets?

Lots of Love

Graham Kelly"
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next