The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shoulder alignment

4 posters

Go down

shoulder alignment Empty shoulder alignment

Post by barragan Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:04 pm

any tips on keeping the shoulders square?

i've had some lessons this season and one of the things which has really been beneficial has been sorting out my feet and shoulder alignment. my feet were pointing out right and my shoulders way out left. easy enough to work on the feet, couple of clubs on the ground on the range, but shoulders is slightly trickier without someone lining you up.

noticed i've been pointing my feet and shoulders left of the target whilst putting too, so trying to neutralise this also.

cheers,

barragan

Back to top Go down

shoulder alignment Empty Re: shoulder alignment

Post by puligny Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Cross your arms across your chest - tip of fingers on right hand to left shoulder, left fingers to right. It seems to highlight when you are not square. You will often see pros do that and then move back and to imitating the swing. Obviously difficult to swing a club like that!!!!!, but as pre shot routine can be very helpful. Gives a good benchmark against which to measure your actual alignment.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:23 pm

As an aside - what were your bad shots with feet going right and shoulders going left? Discovered I have a touch of this and when I wasnt getting stuck and blocking it out right I was pulling it left when my arms got out infront of my chest. Just interested to see if you found the same?

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:48 pm

I was hitting a horrible high hook with my driver. Went to see the pro who "diagnosed" the fault almost immediately. Feet, knees square - shoulders left of target.
Cure - stand side on to a large mirror on your left, look left and you should not be able to see your right shoulder in the mirror. Get comfortable with this and you will remember how it feels.
Easier said than done on the course though.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 pm

lairdy, both directions. i was striking the ball great but missing greens either side. my chipping was poor at the start of this year so i wasn't scoring at all. sorting the alignment out turned my GIR stats around from hitting 8-9 greens a round upto the low-mid teens overnight. my chipping has improved with a lot of practice and the handicap dropped from 8 to 5 in two months. now i've gone back to front, my alignment is ok, other than the shoulders but my ball striking is poor. i'm now missing a lot of greens by miss-hits coming up short but straight.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:24 am

thanks p and etys. i'll give them both a go. up the range earlier and still really struggling with ball-striking.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down