The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player

4 posters

Go down

arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player  Empty arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player

Post by Fernando Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Teenager Hector Bellerin claims he elected to leave Barcelona for Arsenal as he has been promised first-team action with the Gunners.

The 16-year-old turned down the opportunity of a deal with the Camp Nou club despite having come through the ranks with the Spanish giants.

Bellerin, who can operate on the wing or as a forward, held talks with Arsene Wenger earlier this summer and was convinced his future lies in England.

Despite his age, the youngster has set his sights on featuring for the Emirates Stadium outfit in the Premier League in the immediate future.

"I was at home and my father called me to say Arsenal had been on the phone," Bellerin told Spanish TV programme Punto Pelota.

"We decided to go there to see how things are. I hadn't made up my mind because I'd been at Barcelona all my life so it was very difficult.

"But after evaluating things I decided to join Arsenal. When you want to be a professional you have to look to make your way. And I believe the right path for me was to choose Arsenal.

"We met Mr Wenger and it went so well. It was all too much for me but I paid full attention to everything he said.

"When there is a team that guarantees you can play in the first team and above all in the Premier League, then it is very difficult to say no.

"Mr Wenger was explaining to me how the club was and the project they had prepared for me and above all he wanted to get to know me."

source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7014997,00.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player  Empty Re: arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player

Post by compelling and rich Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:41 pm

first team football is a excuse he's going arsenal because he will be on miles better money. dont get me wrong he has more chance at breaking through at arsenal than barca but its well known that arsenal give the kids stupid amount of money. hence why they have high wages even though they dont pay the top players alot

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player  Empty Re: arsenal to sign another barcelona youth player

Post by Derbyblue Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 pm

You signed him and Jon Toral back in May.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6952911,00.html

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:48 pm

lovely news then not sure why they've decided to bring it up again though OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Never heard of him so if Barcelona really wanted to keep him, they would have done so.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down