The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News - Prydie rehab going well

5 posters

Go down

Good News - Prydie rehab going well Empty Good News - Prydie rehab going well

Post by Shifty Sat 2 Jul - 16:44

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/5552.php

Tom Prydie is on schedule for a return to training in September as scheduled after undergoing double surgery on knee and shoulder problems.
19-year old Prydie underwent an ACL reconstruction in March after suffering a knee injury in action against Glasgow at the Liberty Stadium earlier that month, before undergoing a scheduled routine operation on a troublesome shoulder in May.

With his rehab under the watchful eye of the Ospreys medical team going well, Head Physio Chris Towers says that Prydie is heading in the right direction.

He explained:
"Tom is eight weeks down the line from shoulder surgery and 14 weeks from ACL surgery and is recovering as expected, but there is still a lot of hard work ahead for him as we need to get him as big, strong and fast as he needs to be to play again.

"We are starting to up the ante in his rehab programme, but we are still looking at him returning to training towards the end of September, with a return to play date to be set after that point."
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Good News - Prydie rehab going well Empty Re: Good News - Prydie rehab going well

Post by Coleman Sat 2 Jul - 18:01

Anyone else think its insane that a 19 year old has had to under go reconstructive surgery?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Good News - Prydie rehab going well Empty Re: Good News - Prydie rehab going well

Post by Shifty Sat 2 Jul - 18:56

Coleman wrote:Anyone else think its insane that a 19 year old has had to under go reconstructive surgery?

If he's had a very bad injury you have to do it to make him better. Lets hope he can eventually return to the level he was at last season.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 3 Jul - 20:01

Prydie won some very cheap caps, far better players were ignored for the "promise" Gatland saw in the young man. Last season he did not look very special playing for Swansea in what is a pretty poor quality leauge.

I genuinely hope that he recovers fully to enjoy playing again. Fullback is a problem position for Wales but on the current evidence, this young man has a long way to go just to get into a Regional side.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by jb1973 Sun 3 Jul - 21:34

Prydie was pushed too far too soon by gats. However as a future prospect the kid has it all, size, speed, good boot and can tackle,

Was playing well untill he was injured, the best of this boy is still to come.

jb1973

Back to top Go down

Post by mpc28 Sun 3 Jul - 21:45

Coleman wrote:Anyone else think its insane that a 19 year old has had to under go reconstructive surgery?

It doesnt matter what age you are if you tear you ACL your gonna need reconstrcutive surgery he was just unlucky that he is only 19 , i did mine when i was 18 im 27 now and ive had 4 ops on my knee and it still isnt the same although his rehab is going to be alot better than mine its still a tough injury to come back from, i think Mark Jones suffered because of ACL injuries and it really hampered his career.

mpc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down