The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye Wlad Post Fight Reaction

+54
kevchadders
Virtual Chrissy Wissy
Union Cane
dynamo
JDandfries
whotobeA
Mind the windows Tino.
captain carrantuohil
JACKMAGIC
trottb
beastfromthesoutheast
manos de piedra
Imperial Ghosty
Super D Boon
BALTIMORA
Herman Frotchlinger
PodgeRBR
Fists of Fury
J.Benson II
zx1234
paperbag_puncher
mark_england
Lumbering_Jack
fearlessBamber
AlexHuckerby
Colonial Lion
OasisBFC
eddyfightfan
oxring
compelling and rich
talkingpoint
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Strongback
Bob
LivinginItaly
milkyboy
tunes666
Mr Bounce
Captain Lucas
smashingstormcrow
GoDfaTheR420
Dass
burruchaga
mikeymax71
sweet_pea
John Bloody Wayne
Masked Magician
88Chris05
KC
SugarRayBray
bellchees
ONETWOFOREVER
Sugar Boy Sweetie
58 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Haye Wlad Post Fight Reaction - Page 2 Empty Haye Wlad Post Fight Reaction

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:11 am

First topic message reminder :

So that's that. I scored the fight 118-109 to wlad, giving haye only the 3rd and the point deduction. Hayes reflexes looked sharp in terms of his upper body movement, however he was unable to overcome klitschkos size and reach advantages. 

I thought wlad boxed a good fight, he dominated aggressively, worked the jab well enough to keep haye at bay but not effectively enough to break him down with it. Landed some good right hands. Haye was a bit too passive, but I think he was surprised at how quick wlad can move, especially moving back out of range of Hayes attacks. Add this to the size disparity and it led to a lot of missed power shots and off balance moments for haye. David also spent too much time complaining to the ref. 

It was the right decision, the better man won and you have to give wlad his credit - he's very difficult to beat, uses his size cleverly and is a fine athlete and worthy champion. 
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Haye Wlad Post Fight Reaction - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye Wlad Post Fight Reaction

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

Hindsight is a beautiful thing

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:37 pm

No point in a rematch. Result will be the same or worse. Just doesnt have the tools to negate Wlad's strengths and get through.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm

Think he'd be more aggressive and if he catches him right you never know, but even so I doubt it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:41 pm

haye at cruiserweight:

fragomeni
mormeck
macarenelli

adamek at cruiserweight:

bell
cunningham
banks

i would say adamek has the superior cruiserweight record to haye, and haye has the better heavyweight cv but overall career adamek edges it; he also had some decent matches at light heavy

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:54 pm

Which is Adamek's best win?

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

I disagree with those suggesting that Haye could have done more. In reality, he did as much as he could.
His training, tactics and preparation for this fight was as intense as possible.
At the end of the day, he just simply wasnt good enough.

Haye knew what to expect.....that Wlad would be conservative behind his jab.
However, he looked clueless in dealing with it.
Once the jab started landing, Haye just imitated the other victims and went into a shell/survival mode.

Wlad was clearly prepared. He almost totally nullified Haye's right hand.
He kept Haye at the distance and left him resorting to wild swings.

Haye spent the entire fight just looking for the 1 punch KO.

He seriously underestimated Wlad, just as many of his supporters did (including some posters here).

He thought his antics would intimidate Wlad.......it didnt.

He thought "chinny" Wlad would crumble when the first Hayemaker connects.....he didnt.

He thought Wlad was slow......he isnt.

In fact, Wlad's footwork, reflexes and handspeed looked superior to Haye's at times.

The worst thing is that Haye probably had the best chance of beating Wlad than anyone else in the division. To end up watching him lose so comfortably doesnt give us much hope about the chances for the other contenders.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:41 pm

Well, what a truly close-minded and dreadful article. That is all I have to say.

And as for bamber, I see some things never change, drivel galore.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:50 pm

My take on the fight is:

1) Judges scorecards were horribly wide (as can be expected). This may be a contentious one, but you only have to look at the highlight reel to see that Haye landed by far the cleaner work, but Wlad scored double the amount of punches landed with glancing jabs, so I can see where they are coming from due to him outworking Haye, but still, it certainly wasn't that one sided in my opinion.

2) A good big'un beats a good little'un. And so it proved here, whenever Haye sprang in with a flurry Wlad was just able to step back, and this coupled with the reach advantage just meant Haye had too far to go to land his big shots.

3) Wlad's pushing down on Haye should have been warned/point deducted earlier on, he was warned after the 4th or 5th time, that isn't acceptable.

4) Never a knockdown in a million years.

So overall, a deserved win for Wladimir, simply outworked Haye (despite throwing about 4 right hands, and nothing else but jabs). Was quite impressed with Haye's defence actually, it was his offence that let him down. Shame, as I believe if Haye was more active he could have taken this, showed he is clearly the more skilled fighter, but just didn't have an answer to the size and reach differential which proved to be his undoing. Didn't disgrace himself (despite what a number of loons on here today appear to be suggesting), but it just wasn't enough. Fair play to Wladimir, extremely boring but very effective and disciplined, he measured distance tremendously well, and didn't allow Haye to get in range with too many big shots.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I don't think Haye was a pretender I think it's very harsh, perhaps he got his tactics wrong but he gave it a lot of effort, he was waiting for Wlad to make mistakes which rarely came and he couldn't captalise on it, really dissapointed David didn't go for it a little more and come on the inside, but I think Wlad really made him struggle and wouldn't allow him in, full credit to them both, it was a decent fight a little dull at times but ok.

Haye wanted it badly but just didn't quite have it in him, there's no shame in that, he genuinely thought he'd win, what's wrong with the belief?

It was shameful and pathetic. I switched it off as soon as he mentioned the lickle boo boo on his toe-y.

Haye is, for my money, the worst belt holder in the history of the sport. He'd be 50-50 against Seldon and Damiani and I'd certainly expect the likes of Bruno, Rahman and Mercer to beat him.

the worst belt holder in history?
why do people over react as soon as a fighter is defeated? idiot. he's clearly not the worst, by a long shot.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
fearlessBamber wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I don't think Haye was a pretender I think it's very harsh, perhaps he got his tactics wrong but he gave it a lot of effort, he was waiting for Wlad to make mistakes which rarely came and he couldn't captalise on it, really dissapointed David didn't go for it a little more and come on the inside, but I think Wlad really made him struggle and wouldn't allow him in, full credit to them both, it was a decent fight a little dull at times but ok.

Haye wanted it badly but just didn't quite have it in him, there's no shame in that, he genuinely thought he'd win, what's wrong with the belief?

It was shameful and pathetic. I switched it off as soon as he mentioned the lickle boo boo on his toe-y.

Haye is, for my money, the worst belt holder in the history of the sport. He'd be 50-50 against Seldon and Damiani and I'd certainly expect the likes of Bruno, Rahman and Mercer to beat him.

the worst belt holder in history?
why do people over react as soon as a fighter is defeated? idiot. he's clearly not the worst, by a long shot.

Well said Oasis

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PodgeRBR Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

I don't know if this has been covered anywhere yet... But does anybody know how Haye broke his toe 3 weeks ago?

PodgeRBR

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:30 pm

winds me up.

on the eve of the manny fight, to some hatton was too big, to aggressive and would wear manny down with crushing body blows.

24 hours later, to those same people hatton was a washed up bum who should have retired after mayweather and was an embarrassment to british boxing. people are so fragile in their beliefs and opinions, and are far too short sighted with their comments.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm

Funny thing is both fighters demonstrated a good chin, was pleasantly surprised when Wlad offered a rematch and was going to say he'd gone up in my estimation, but he's withdrawn it after saying he would knock Haye out, so I won't bother, especially in view of the fact Haye had him holding on in the last.

Will reserve judgement on who is the better of the two until after a rematch in England against a fully fit Hayemaker who didn't have to stop training three weeks before the fight. How he broke it I don't know but to lose that crucial bit of leverage was cruel luck.

Haye needs to work on his inside game, has problems closing down taller fighters as we saw in Valuev, and maybe improve his punch variety, but Wlad's a worthy champion, hard to beat, and become a very competent fighter under Steward. Dempsey would have annihilated him though. Left hook good night, have that with me.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:Which is Adamek's best win?

Hard to say. The Cunningham and Banks wins were both impressive. And for all that Haye unified crusier - he did it without fighting Bell etc. Adamek essentially beat the top fighters at the weight - destroying Banks who was meant to be 'the-next-big-thing'.

At heavy Arreola was a very good win.

It should be said that both Cunningham and Arreola were clear Adamek wins - whatever the judges say.

Pre Wlad is agree with you about a haye-tomasz matchup. Now not so sure. Haye apparently doesn't deal well with opponents who have good chins and a decent jab. Which sums up tomas.

Who does haye have at heavy to trump adamek? The almost blind (as we now know he was) valuev?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Poor performance, but did the OP not SEE his toe? Perhaps not the best excuse, but it looked very painful, if not broken.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:18 pm

So you're saying Adamek's best wins were close decisions over Cunningham and Arreola!

Sorry but that doesn't compare to Haye knocking out the unified CW champ and the beating the WBA HW champ in their back yards.

Haye would murder Adamek, he's too small and easy to hit. What has Adamek got to trouble Haye?

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:So you're saying Adamek's best wins were close decisions over Cunningham and Arreola!

Sorry but that doesn't compare to Haye knocking out the unified CW champ and the beating the WBA HW champ in their back yards.

Haye would murder Adamek, he's too small and easy to hit. What has Adamek got to trouble Haye?

You've got to be joking jukebox. You haven't seen either Adamek-Cunningham or Adamek-Arreola have you?

Mormeck was a good win - and probably Haye's best. However - lets not get carried away with Valuev. The worst ever HW champion AND a man who immediately lost his license and required emergency surgery to treat his acromegaly - which would have left him without peripheral vision. And Haye managed a close split - a decision I know plenty who would have given the other way. Furthermore - his performance against Valuev was far worse than Holyfield's.

Yes - at CW Adamek didn't stay around to pick up all the alphabelts. But he beat the best in the division - essentially a mirror-reverse of what Haye did in the division.

How many of Haye's HW opponents actually had a pulse at the time of fighting? 36yo Barrett? 37 Valuev? 37 Ruiz or 38 Harrison? Hell - even Harrison had seen better days.

You asked what Adamek has to trouble Haye - 3 things - a chin, a jab and workrate. None of them guarantee him victory - but the 3 all make him a very live opponent and mean he can't be written off.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:50 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:

Not the worst - that honour goes to Valuev. Whom, lest we forget, Haye picked up a "memorable" split decision over.

His HW reign has been truly dire and his CW reign was OK. Shouldn't be retiring at 31 - there's a lot he needs to do.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:54 pm

Have to admit that a fight with Adamek would be good. Both coming off K brother losses (probably in Adamek's case). Somehow I cannot see Haye wanting to take the long road back to stardom though. Beating Adamek would be a tough assignment and would earn peanuts compared to a Harrison fight! The British pleblic have not heard of this Adamek guy. Think David Haye will skulk off into retirement with his tail between his legs but the consolation of millions in the bank!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

So you think all Adamek's dodgy decisions were clear wins for him yet you think Haye v Valuev, in Germany, was really close. You probably think Adamek v Dawson was a robbery?

The CW division was a shell after Haye left. Mormeck, Bell, and even Maccarinelli, were all finished.

Adamek is easy to hit and comes straight forward, Haye would win by KO. What's the point of talking about it though. Adameks going to get destroyed by VK anyway. His only chance of winning is if Vitali trips over his zimmer-frame on the way to the ring.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:09 am

Haye came up short and is in the top 15/20 worst belt holders in the divisions history but he's still better than the likes of Chagaev, Ibragimov, Seldon, Ruiz, Valuev amongst many other recent champions.

Also can't buy into the idea that Adamek has a better record at the level who's scraped past some truly awful opposition

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:13 am

For all the criticism Haye still gave WK the toughest fight of his HW reign. With all the rest clearly light years behind the Klitschkos, Haye is still clearly the top contender.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:24 am

Ghosty - At least Adamek fights such awful opposition on a regular basis. Haye's awful oppo (Barrett, Harrison, Ruiz) has been like one in a decade in comparison.

I'm glad he lost because he's given so little of himself to the sport in recent times. He's mainly been a wind farm for putird hot air rather than a champion boxer.

I cannot remember a bigger loud mouthed charlatan in the sport for many years, maybe never. Only Naz comes close and he did better against Barrera than Haye against Klitschko and has a better CV overall too. I'd almost say Haye makes me sad to be British.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jul 2011, 4:07 am

Colonial, I understand you opinion entirely but I think Haye honestly thought he could win. This wasnt an Audley Harrison hype job. Unfortunately,a bit like Murray. Haye came up shprt against the guy who is just the best in the businss. I agree with you that the falling on the ground was cinging but we British should realise now what a tall order it was for Haye. Hes not Lennox Lewis, hes a small, decent heavy. He had his roll of the dice but Klischko was a bridge too far.

I expect the complaints about heavyweiht being dead but I think Wlad is a tougher code to crack than what is thought.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:42 am

He is certainly not a laughing stock, he made Wlad look very slow with his head movement, and defensively he was very good. The only problem in this fight was that he was outworked, plain and simple. Haye landed the better, more aggressive shots in comparison to Wlad landing numerous glancing blows with the jab, but that will always be enough to secure a win, you simply can't be outlanded 2 to 1 and hope to get a decision.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:44 am

I should add that being outworked is likely down to the size differential, it just proved a bridge too far to get in close to a man with such a reach advantage, and who stepped back as soon as Haye came in, leaving his punches to fall short. Wlad barely threw anything other than a jab, so there were very few times when he left himself open.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:46 am

Alma, are you one of those that would have said 'where is the evidence?' if he hadn't done that?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beastfromthesoutheast Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:06 am

It was all about Wlad's footwork for me. Whenever Haye went on the attack Wlad would move backwards and out of range so he wasn't there to be hit. As Lennox said, Haye was only throwing two punch combos, when he needed to be going forward with four or five. He definitely didn't leave it all in the ring so to speak

beastfromthesoutheast

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:07 am

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

To be honest Haye did a lot better than I thought he would. All of this post fight negativity stems from the knee jerk excuse and all of the pre fight hype that once again so easily duped the british public.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKMAGIC Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:27 am

Fists of Fury wrote:He is certainly not a laughing stock, he made Wlad look very slow with his head movement, and defensively he was very good. The only problem in this fight was that he was outworked, plain and simple. Haye landed the better, more aggressive shots in comparison to Wlad landing numerous glancing blows with the jab, but that will always be enough to secure a win, you simply can't be outlanded 2 to 1 and hope to get a decision.

Pretty much think this is spot on. I thought defensively Haye looked great. He had great head movement and was elusive throughout the the fight. Most of the shot Wlad landed were glancing blows but these are still scoring punches. When Wlad did land, Haye took the shot well and personally I never thought it looked like Wlad was going to KO Haye - he was too quick.

But the same has to be said for Wlad - his defence was simple but very effective; take a step, lean back, and stick that big paw out. At times Haye was missing by a mile when we are used to seeing him being so accurate. Maybe his toe made a difference, but I agree with Lennox that the adrenaline of it being the biggest fight of his life should have nullified that as a problem.

As many posters on here predicted there was always a chance that the pre-fight shennanigans would come back to haunt Haye. I would love for there to be a rematch and see Haye take a few more chances, string some punches together and actually go after Wlad. Sticking his chin out against Wlad in the hope he could draw him in was never going to work and Adam Booth got it completely wrong with his tactics for this one. Wlad is too experienced and too smart to fall for that.

JACKMAGIC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

I have to agree about the low punch output from Haye was a major factor in his losing on Saturday and would have to change before any rematch. I don't think Haye is a laughing stock amongst the boxing world because his record and achievements stand up under scrutiny.

However, the casual fan will think this because in the build up to this fight he acted like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3 and spent more time on creating an image for himself for when he eventually leaves boxing.

Haye got into positions many time where he could have landed body shots after making Wlad miss and that would have helped slowed Wlad down later in the fight.

Speed, athleticism and punch power are only of value when you throw punches and alas Haye didn't. In the build up to the fight I always thought Haye should not focus on his right hand too much as Steward would have Wlad set up to try and avoid and added to Wlad's naturally defensive manner I always thought it would be a left hook, or over hand left, similar to what rocked Valuev that would do the damage.

Time to revisit the drawing board and hope Wlad fancies taking him on again, but I think they would rather see David fed to big bro Vitali

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:45 am

For the first three or four rounds I felt that Haye was very much in it. Wlad was ahead, of course, but it seemed to me that Haye was beginning to find his range and was gaining in confidence, defensively. He'd also shipped a fairly heavy Wlad right hand without flinching, and I was beginning to think that he might, just, pull it off. Suddenly, though, he went AWOL, doing next to nothing for a couple of rounds and he never seemed to recover his momentum. I haven't yet watched a re run, so my memory might be playing tricks, but that's how I remember it.

Another thing which surprised me - and again I'm working purely on memory - is that Haye tended to circle clockwise and, therefore, toward Klitschko's right hand. The best successes Haye enjoyed came from looping the right hand over the top of the Klitschko jab, so it seems to me that had he circled anti clockwise, outside the incoming jab, and consistently countered over the top he might have been more successful.

All that being said, I do believe that Wlad's physical presence and jab were the overwhelming factors, and Haye might still have come a distant second best, regardless. I'm actually surprised that so few have mentioned Klitschko's performance. Heaven knows I've always been a bit lukewarm about the younger brother, but I thought he did an excellent job on the night.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JACKMAGIC Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

Very true. Credit where it is due to Wlad - I think Haye was suprised at how quick the left hand of that robot was!

JACKMAGIC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

I think Wlad's performance has been lost because of the excuse Haye came out with. Whether or not it was a significant reason Haye has managed to get all the headline despite being the losing fighter.

Wlad boxed well and did what he was expected to do, however, Haye did not.

Best man won on the night

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

Agreed Windy, he didn't put a foot wrong with regard to his balance, his defence such as stepping back away from incoming attacks etc. Rather a dull style, as he threw about 4 right hands in the entire fight, but a damn effective one.

I think many people are going way way over the top when suggesting that Haye is a failure, laughing stock, never any good anyway etc. He had his moments, but just couldn't get in range to fire off too many of his shots and his work rate could and should have been better in the middle rounds, but a lot of this is of course down to Wladimir's performance.

I enjoyed the ride whilst it lasted, I think Haye has reignited some interest in heavyweight boxing and his journey has been an entertaining one, to say the least. Providing he doesn't go on to have a rematch or fight Vitali, then I will have some fond memories if this is indeed the end. His comments and actions may not be to everybody's taste, but it sells fights and makes boxing interesting, and hopefully future fighters will take some note of that.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

In itself, this was by no means the worst challenge for a world title that we've ever seen from a British fighter, either overall or in the heavyweight division. I expected a late stoppage for Wlad, so Haye's stamina surprised me to a degree, although he put himself in harm's way much less than I imagined he would, or indeed, than he vowed he would.

Which brings us to the point. If you weren't swayed by the hype, this was not an unexpected result, or an unexpected fight, with Wlad's jab ruling matters for all thirty-six minutes of it. However, the disconnect between Haye's public utterances of what he was going to do and how he was going to do it and what actually came to pass is arguably the largest that I have ever seen. Not only was he technically incapable of fulfilling his pre-fight boasts, but Haye apparently also lacked the ambition and desire to do so. Falling to the canvas far too easily, consistently set up on the back foot and connecting with four shots a round add up to a performance that was, quite frankly, risible, at least when compared with what was promised.

As expected? Unfortunately, yes, in almost every way: Klitschko's dominance, Haye's post-fight gracelessness and the disappointment of the "boxing people" who were taken in by hype, allowed their patriotism to rule their brains and ought to know better. If Haye had lost with a full measure of honour, we were still looking at a candidate for the all-time British top 20; although the dust is still to settle, one's first impression is that it is hard to see him in that light now.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
All that being said, I do believe that Wlad's physical presence and jab were the overwhelming factors, and Haye might still have come a distant second best, regardless. I'm actually surprised that so few have mentioned Klitschko's performance. Heaven knows I've always been a bit lukewarm about the younger brother, but I thought he did an excellent job on the night.

I think this is the point Windy. WK did exactly what he does well and more importantly, exactly what he needed to do to win that particular fight. I, like you, have been and remain a bit indifferent towards Wladimir but he was so controlled and compact on Saturday that Haye, fighting as he did, had next to no chance of winning. I think a lot of people get dragged into the hype surrounding Haye, mainly hype that he has built himself, and we must not forget that Saturday was the first real test he has had at heavyweight and one I fully expected him to lose. Valuev, Ruiz and Harrison are just not anywhere near Klitschko's league and Wlad has become a very effective, albeit rather boring, fighter. Yes, Klitschko has vulnerabilities, but they way he has adapted his style to compensate for this is to be commended in my eyes. There was no chance of him really changing his formula on Saturday, and why should he, although I felt he was actually a touch more aggressive than usual, he just quickly reverted to type on the few occasions that Haye really tagged him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

It was all a bit frustrting i thought. It was clear Wlad was working to his size & reach strengths & was very clever in containing Haye, who if we're honest didn't attack enough. I personally think with everything Haye has said about retiring etc then come the late rnds he would have thrown caution to the wind a bit more even if it meant going down in a blaze of glory. Dont know how much of the toe stuff is genuine & how much it affected his game but ultimatley Wlad was much better on the night.

All that said i'm pretty sure taking one of the current best HW fighters to decision isn't laughing stock. Dont know of any other british fighters that could do the same.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

whotobeA wrote:It was all a bit frustrting i thought. It was clear Wlad was working to his size & reach strengths & was very clever in containing Haye, who if we're honest didn't attack enough. I personally think with everything Haye has said about retiring etc then come the late rnds he would have thrown caution to the wind a bit more even if it meant going down in a blaze of glory. Dont know how much of the toe stuff is genuine & how much it affected his game but ultimatley Wlad was much better on the night.

All that said i'm pretty sure taking one of the current best HW fighters to decision isn't laughing stock. Dont know of any other british fighters that could do the same.

I'm pretty sure, Chisroa, Fury, Harrison all would have lost by an equally wide UD, and not been KO'd

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:28 am

Are you serious? They would have been systematically annihilated.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:32 am

You think Audley Harrison would take Wlad the distance??? Chisora would have maybe attacked more but been taken out mid/early and Fury needs to think about beating Chisora before you can think about even considering a move up to that level. Haye is a country mile above those names.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Haye Wlad Post Fight Reaction - Page 2 Empty My thoughts on Kiltschko/Haye

Post by dynamo Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

There are a lot of people out there reproaching Haye on his failure to put substance to his aggrandised pre-match build up strategy. The facts speak for themselves as remonstrated in the ring:

* Klitschko is by far the better boxer and controlled the whole fight.
* He may be boring, but a conneisseur of boxing will appreciate one of the best jabs I've witnessed.
* He is in prime condition, his intelligence is superior and utilises his stamina with experienced wisdom.
* Rare to see a 'gentleman' in boxing before and after a title fight - he should be regarded as a role model with his amiable countenance.

* David Haye failed to depict a man who was able to exercise the art of boxing with any maturity
* He successfully displayed his speed as a heavyweight
* He was caught flush by Klitschko's jab a few times but was never really hurt
* Unable to weave his way past the jab and get inside, where he ought to be for any real threat.
* Showed few signs of the power we all know he has and was unable to outsmart his opponent.

Neither fighter was hurt. The better boxer clearly won, and it was almost embarrassing to see the difference in skill with the two. In martial arts, it was like watching a black belt vs a novice. Now I don't know if Haye should retire - unless he can fight again against one of the K. brothers then I don't really see the point. From the brothers' perspective, I don't know of a heavyweight out there that is really of any threat - is the division really that weak? Of 100 fights I can see a Klitschko brother beating Haye 99/100 times, so I don't really see the point of a rematch. Ultimately it all comes down to whether the public will switch their TV on for this one - purely from an entertainment point of view. I think Haye is much more intelligent than people give him credit for - deep down he probably knows he is an underdog every day of the week against the K brothers - but he has to earn a living, and the best way to put money into his account is by generating a high level of interest for a fight that people will pay to watch. As foolish and stupid you might want to make him out to be - he has done exactly that and is millions pounds richer than a lot of us today! Clearly he doesn't care what people think of him, and he can look after his family today with an enviable level of security. If he can carry on generating such interest surrounding a fight, then this alone is worthy of a rematch - nothing to do with the actually boxing! Just like a film can end with an enigmatic question mark, was it clever work of him to keep the door open ajar with his pitiable excuse of a broken toe? Is this already the first seed planted for a continuation bout? Time will tell.

dynamo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

Can't agree with the difference in skill...Haye showed very good defensive skills, this fight purely came down to size. Klitschko scored points by pumping out a (very good) jab, which more often than not was a glancing blow, yet it scored all the same.

On another note, I am going to merge this with the post fight reaction thread in 5 minutes, just so you know where it is, as there isn't any need for a new article, the board is becoming a little cluttered.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

Can you merge all the Haye/Wlad articles Fists?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

On a side point, as with the Harrison fight this fight showed the pros and cons of the hype game in boxing. I would guess both men are richer for it but all this psycholigical analysis of how Haye had got into Wlad head and x,y,z meant absolutely nothing in the ring as it should be.

The Klitschkos were never scared of Haye and for all the pre fight entertainment it didnt alter Wlads style an iota. I think Haye was hoping Wlad would be scared or intimidated by him and his suposed novel gifts but on fight night he wasnt and pretty much did what he does to every opponent.

Hard to see where Haye goes from here. I think the question was answered decisely on Saturday and despit what Haye said about his toe its hard to see why a rematch should be much different. Hayes talking might have hurt him in that sense because I cant see the brothers accomodating another 50/50 split, or the public being overly interested in a rematch.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Sure, it is getting a bit silly now.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

Please don't think i am comparing them ability wise, all I am saying is that I imagine if they (Fury, Harrison, Chisora) showed as much ambition as Haye did, then they would have every chance of getting through 12 rounds.

Haye spent 9/10 of the fight on the back foot!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

Create a single thread, like the Manny/Floyd News ones.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:48 am

JDandfries wrote:
I'm pretty sure, Chisroa, Fury, Harrison all would have lost by an equally wide UD, and not been KO'd

Are you out of your *%$@ing mind?!?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next