The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saltman not to appeal

+3
LondonJonnyO
McLaren
oldparwin
7 posters

Go down

Saltman not to appeal Empty Saltman not to appeal

Post by oldparwin Mon 14 Feb 2011, 2:40 pm

The press state that Saltman will not appeal against his ban, I would read in to this as he is admitting his guilt in the matter.

Everyone agree or read it differently???

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Saltman not to appeal Empty Re: Saltman not to appeal

Post by McLaren Mon 14 Feb 2011, 3:44 pm

I was hoping that he would appeal, loose, and get banned for life.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 14 Feb 2011, 3:47 pm

I still think he should be introduced on the first tee of his next event as:

Now teeing off, recently back from a ban due to being a cheating scumbag, Eliot 'The cheating Bar Steward' Saltman.

In the tones of the starter from the Open I think that would sound so so sweet to the ear.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue 15 Feb 2011, 1:46 pm

Oddly enough, I read he is still claiming not to be a cheat but doesn't trust the appeal process and reckons he could get a longer ban. He needs to sort his head out - can't have it both ways. He either cheated, in which case he accepts his punishment, or he didn't - in which case he should appeal and accept the consequences.

I certainly wouldn't want to be the one who marks his card at his first tournament back. Shocked
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 15 Feb 2011, 2:07 pm

His statement can be paraphrased as "I still maintain I'm not a cheat, but the European tour processes and procedures prevent me from proving it."

Without having access to all the facts, and I don't personally know anyone who does, the only barometer I can use is the response, behaviour and actions of the other tour professionals. I would have thought that if a significant number of tour professionals thought he was being hard done by in either the initial judgement, or the appeals process, then at least one of them would come out and say that. Am I right in thinking that none of them have? If I am right, then the implication is plain to see.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 15 Feb 2011, 2:16 pm

My understanding is that a few lesser lights have come out and given him some mild support. The bigger names (who have expressed an opinion) seem to be the ones dead against him.

Make of that what you will.

I would trust the feelings of the likes of Westwood and Kaymer who have spoken out against him but perhaps some of the "lesser lights" know Saltman better? Who knows...

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 15 Feb 2011, 2:23 pm

The processes provide him with the opportunity to prove that he's not a cheat. By accepting it he is guilty. Pure and simple.

If he has chosen not to appeal it basically says... I did it. I'm not sorry. I have no defence. And I'm not going to make myself more hated by the general public.

I hope he has a thick skin as this is never going to go away if he accepts the decision.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dazzler Tue 15 Feb 2011, 3:46 pm

Tough one this, but i believe in given the guy a chance to redeem himself, Vijay Singh and MONTY have also been blighted in the past, but no mention now from anyone, this guy is starting out on his proffessional career and hopefully through time and showing his true integrity and character to fellow pros on tour shall he be able to move on and prove how good a golfer he actually is. Glass houses and stones spring to mind, and i am sure that we have all made mistakes somewhere along the path of life, not condoning what he has been found guilty off but lets give the guy a chance .
The Dazzler
The Dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down