The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes Tennis Loses

4 posters

Go down

Sometimes Tennis Loses Empty Sometimes Tennis Loses

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Today for me was one of the best performances I have seen in a final by an underdog. Probably the biggest since McEnroe v Borg back in 1981. Where there are parallels between the 2 where Djokovic had lost to Nadal in the US Open and McEnroe lost to Borg the previous year. Sometimes it should be that tennis the sport wins when fans are treated to such a performance.

It is sad to see that some fans want to stick the boot in on the loser. Some want to pick apart his game and forsee a baron run because of the defeat.

On the other hand some fans see the accomplishment of cementing ones legacy and that the achievement of victory supersedes itself as an achievement.

I think sometimes fans miss the bigger picture. No doubt that this era of tennis has seen dominance shared by 2 players, but now we have a 3rd. This is now exciting for tennis. Slam and Master events will now have 3 names thrown out the moment potential winners are predicted.

We are entitled the salivate in victory, sometimes we need to comiserate in defeat. For every winner, there is a loser.

So I urge fans to show appreciation for the match today and tennis in general, because ultimately tennis is the winner and sometimes that can be hampered by over-analysis before the dust has even settled.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Sometimes Tennis Loses Empty Re: Sometimes Tennis Loses

Post by socal1976 Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I agree legend, Nadal got to the wimbeldon final and is having a great year. He is going to figure out away to make his rivalry with Djokovic less one sided than it currently is and the guy has already achieved so much in the game.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 pm

The Djokovic v Nadal rivalry looks to be the big one for the next few years. It is going to be such an exciting time for tennis. If Murray can break his Slam duck, it would be even better. The US Open is going to awesome.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 pm

I personally think it was another pretty boring final tennis wise. It became exciting when Djoko lost his mind cause for a while we could think it was going to be another Nadal victory but it only took Djoko to regain his composure to carry on his one way traffic road to victory.

Frankly LK, you cannot compare that to Borg and McEnroe! It's a world apart in skills, creativity and entertainment value. Today was simply another demonstration of how is Nadal limited when faced with guys who are not afraid to rally with him. Instead of seeing his opponent turning into kamikasees, he was the one forced into going for too much.

He just got a bit of his own medecine! And that was essentially the main part I enjoyed today!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 am

If you were into him getting his own medicine, you'd have loved the incessant serving out wide to the backhand, and the frequent high spinny forehands out to the backhand in the deuce court.

I'm sure Federer would have found it difficult tio supress a small smile, seeing his friend getting exactly what he serves up to him, and coping with it no better.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down