The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately?

+8
Josiah Maiestas
Mark2011
barrystar
legendkillar
dummy_half
bogbrush
zx1234
TennisWins
12 posters

Go down

Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately? Empty Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately?

Post by TennisWins Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:33 am

Didn't want to face Nadal in the final. He knows he wouldn't have the physical/mental edge to take out Nadal in the 5 setters. He didn't want to lose against Djoko either. So, he went out early in QF.

Just a thought..

TennisWins

Back to top Go down

Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately? Empty Re: Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately?

Post by zx1234 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

Maybe federer didn't lose deliberately but it is possible that fed fans wanted him to lose as djoko had more chance of beating nadal

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately? Empty Re: Did Federer lose to Tsonga Deliberately?

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:44 am

Just thinking would be a great idea, if only to avoid writing such nonsense.

To jog your memory, he beat Djokovic last time out, on Federers worst surface, and pushed Nadal on the same. He would have had high hopes from matches against either player at Wimbledon.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

Tsonga faced one break point in the entire match, in the first game. Otherwise, he served absolutely lights out and played an astonishingly good match. Remember as well, Federer only made something like 12 errors all match (several of these being in the last set), so it wasn't like he tanked.

As Bogbrush said, he'd have fancied his chances against Djokovic (who is a relatively good match up for Federer) on Federer's favourite court in the world and what to this tournament had not been Djokovic's best surface. And another Fedal final would have been interesting and a chance for Roger to gain some revenge for RG and for the past 2 Wimbledon finals. Unfortunately, on the day of the QF, Tsonga was just too good for him.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

I cannot believe some of the nonsense posters write.

Another poor thread 🤦

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:53 am

Not a chance
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

What a shocking thread. Why would Federer lose on purpose.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

What an awful OP,

As for the person who wrote that Federer's fans wanted him to lose so that Djokovic could beat Nadal - well, I'm a Federer fan and I would always support him against any other player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Well the only thing that stopped Federer from beating Tsonga was his concentration, he just seemed to relax in that 3rd set and couldn't get his rhythm back after that.

Can you say Fed is scared of Nadal just weeks after playing him in the French Open? laughing
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 04 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

Did Tsonga tank his match against Djokovic because he did not want to play Nadal? Erm laughing

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:07 pm

Well unlikely but Federer was 1 point away from making the USO final last year and as he admitted, he would have lost to Nadal anyways so maybe he didn't want to be there, not that he refused to win and make the finals. This against Tsonga though was different.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:09 pm

Did Olivier Rochus tank his match against Delpo because he was scared of Gilles Simon? Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Did Olivier Rochus tank his match against Delpo because he was scared of Gilles Simon? Very Happy

Careful, Simplistic_Analyst will think you're starting a discussion with him. And I'm sure there's sleight against Nadal in your post that he can get offended by.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:24 pm

Why would anyone lose a match deliberately?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Did Olivier Rochus tank his match against Delpo because he was scared of Gilles Simon? Very Happy

Careful, Simplistic_Analyst will think you're starting a discussion with him. And I'm sure there's sleight against Nadal in your post that he can get offended by.

Oh don't worry about me, I actually enjoy days like this, the morning after Nadal loses in a slam match. Often because I know Federer fans will make the expedition to various tennis forums wherever they are.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:36 pm

I been on this tennis forum before Federer lost and after and would have been if Nadal had won or lost.

However, I haven't heard from any Nadal fans why Nadal's superior record against Djokovic on:

a) head to head in the slams
b) best of 5 sets vs 3 sets
c) Djokovic's losing streak on grass

didn't manage to help him out at all yesterday. Yesterday's loss by Nadal wasn't even a close loss, you must be concerned about Nadal's chances of beating Djokovic in the future. Besides the 3rd set, it was a masterclass of domination over Nadal, something, quite frankly, even I was shocked to see. I never say never, but @ the moment, the hard court season is going to be one agonizing season for Nadal. BTW, Nadal hasn't played badly this season, he's made then finals of nearly everything he's entered, so his form or fitness is not in question, it's the fact he keeps losing to Djokovic.

On the thread topic, I don't think Federer would lose a match on purpose. Federer, just played passively and just allowed the match to be taken away from him, the single BP in the first set really says it all about his performance in that match: limp.

As a Fed fan it hurts to say it was limp but there's no more apt word for it.

Last edited by luciusmann on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated)

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down