The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present

+9
Young_Towzer
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Union Cane
The genius of PBF
Fists of Fury
zx1234
captain carrantuohil
Valero's Conscience
13 posters

Go down

Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present Empty Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:47 am

Keeping fighters within 1 weight class of each other, if you had a magic wand what fights would you make with current fighters for purely entertainment purposes?

My choice would be Maidana vs Matthysse

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present Empty Re: Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

Donaire-Nishioka would be a cracker.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present Empty Re: Most Entertaining Fights Possible At Present

Post by zx1234 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:06 am

donaire rigondeaux

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

alma wrote:Froch v Cleverly might be a good dust up

That'd be a right ol' slugfest.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:13 am

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Victor Ortiz

Miguel the quitter Cotto vs Margarito

David Haye (Toe healed) vs Klitschko

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

alma wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:
alma wrote:Froch v Cleverly might be a good dust up

That'd be a right ol' slugfest.

I know Froch is always talking of fighting at the City Ground. A couple more WBO defences for Cleverly and a couple of fights at 175 for Froch and I could see this happening. Would sell well, which is ultimately the deciding factor

Froch to knock him out in the early rounds, unless Clev can get a grip on the 'that didn't hurt' arms wide, chin out, smiling thing that he seems to do every time he gets caught.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

If the Filipino Flash would move up in weight rather than waiting around to unify then I could answer this question with my dream fight right now - Donaire v Gamboa. Has ko written all over it with non-stop excitment from the first bell to the ref counts '10'.

However, to be fair to the OP, I would go with Martinez v Chavez Jnr. Not sure about pure excitement, but I'd certainly find it entertaining to see that fake exposed buy a top 3 p4p fighter.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:44 am

Agree, Top Hat, although that would involve Donaire travelling two divisions, rather than the one stipulated in the thread. However, any of the unification bouts at 118 also look tasty. I believe that Donaire is fighting in August, and he does need to get a little more active. Some fighter, though.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

Donaire-Gamboa is obviously one everyone would like to see, but keeping in mind that Donaire would be having to move up considerably, am I alone in still wanting to see Gamboa-Lopez, even though JuanMa was beaten recently? It amazes me that so much cold water has suddenly been poured over this fight. I maintain that Gamboa puts him away inside the first half of the fight, but I also maintain that it would be a cracker while it lasted. If Lopez can get himself established again and nothing with Donaire develops, I hope Gamboa and his team go down that route.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned a possible bout between Wonjongkam and Segura yet. The two best in the world between Strawweight and Super-Flyweight by a considerable distance right now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

captain carrantuohil wrote:Donaire-Nishioka would be a cracker.

I'd have my money on Nishioka in that one, would be a good fight though.

Murray v Mitchell's a cracker
Martinez v Bute (Sergio would destroy him imo)
Pacquiao v Bradley
DeGale v Mundine (would be shooting practice for James, and a decent comeback)

PS Haye doesn't deserve no title shot, he's a big mouth who wouldn't of gave Klitschko a rematch, he hadn't fought anyone as an heavyweight either, so can't see him fighting anyone now after being absolutely outboxed.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:27 am

Chris - agreed, would love to see the JuanMa fight still but don't think Arum will let it happen anymore after the greedy oh dear got shot in the foot.

Captain - my real concern with my Gamboa-Donaire dream fight is will Donaire ever catch Gamboa up? Gamboa has weighed in at teh full 126 limit his last four fights or so and with the JuanMa fight off may decide to head up to Super-feather (Burns or Fana maybe?). With Donaire hanging around to unify, the world's two most exciting fighters (IMO) would then be 3 divisions apart....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

b.u.g.g.e.r is a swear word now??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:38 am

klitchscho vs klitchscho

would be a great fight- not going to happen though

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

Rios vs soto/katsidis

Matthysse vs Maidana

Alvarez vs angulo

Cloud vs froch

These fights would all be great to watch imo

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Victor Ortiz

Miguel the quitter Cotto vs Margarito

David Haye (Toe healed) vs Klitschko

David Haye (broken foot) vs Klitschko would be way more entertaining. Although, he'd probably lose on points again then claim his leg was broken.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

Rios v Antillon is a very exciting looking fight - and it's happening this weekend. Would advise you try to catch a stream of it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down