The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend

+15
BALTIMORA
Jukebox Timebomb
Seanusarrilius
eddyfightfan
ian_jamsie
milkyboy
bhb001
Adam D
Valero's Conscience
mikeymax71
The Galveston Giant
ThrowingLeather
Scottrf
zx1234
Steffan
19 posters

Go down

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend Empty Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend

Post by Steffan Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/14018382.stm

I mean what the hell is that all about

Now the fight will be on the East Coast

Was it really that difficult to have the 2 events in the one city

Plus there is no way UFC 13675 or whatever number it is could generate the money Froch v Ward could

I bet Dana White is loving this

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend Empty Re: Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend

Post by zx1234 Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Now the fight will be on the East Coast

madison square garden?

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend Empty Re: Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend

Post by Scottrf Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 pm

zx1234 wrote:Now the fight will be on the East Coast

madison square garden?
Atlantic City.

To be honest UFCXX probably does generate more money.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 pm

I'd imagine UFC 161928 generates a shed load of cash. Everything is sponsored.

This pre fight chat is brought to you by McDonalds Chicken Mcflurry and Bulgarian pigeon feed...see the difference in the feathers.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Scottrf wrote:
zx1234 wrote:Now the fight will be on the East Coast

madison square garden?
Atlantic City.

To be honest UFCXX probably does generate more money.

A lot more
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 am

As long as it is not on Ward's doorstep like all of his other fights then Froch should feel he has a chance.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:12 am

A bit of ignorance from posters about UFC but I guess a lot was intentional.

Many people don't have time of MMA on this section so I won't bore you for long.

UFC 137 will be a bigger event than Ward vs Froch, remember both are not huge stars with great PPV power whilst UFC 137 is George St Pierre the P4P No1./2 guy in MMA against Nick Diaz who was the Strikeforce champ on a long unbeaten run in a unifying title fight i.e. it's big.

It will get a PPV buy rate of anywhere between 700-900k IMO which I doubt Ward vs Froch if it was PPV would generate anywhere near.

I expect lot's of sarky comments but hey ho. Very Happy

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:A bit of ignorance from posters about UFC but I guess a lot was intentional.

Many people don't have time of MMA on this section so I won't bore you for long.

UFC 137 will be a bigger event than Ward vs Froch, remember both are not huge stars with great PPV power whilst UFC 137 is George St Pierre the P4P No1./2 guy in MMA against Nick Diaz who was the Strikeforce champ on a long unbeaten run in a unifying title fight i.e. it's big.

It will get a PPV buy rate of anywhere between 700-900k IMO which I doubt Ward vs Froch if it was PPV would generate anywhere near.

I expect lot's of sarky comments but hey ho. Very Happy

100% agree.

And Las Vegas is the home of UFC from memory.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 pm

ThrowingLeather wrote:Bulgarian pigeon feed...see the difference in the feathers.

thumbsup

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:45 pm

on the plus side... be on a bit earlier this side of the pond

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 pm

They should hold it in a neutral location.

Atlantic city is a dump.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:17 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:They should hold it in a neutral location.

Atlantic city is a dump.
It's pretty neutral, almost directly between them.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:36 pm

i'm suprised a unifaction fight has elbowed out of vagas by the UFC, they most be doing something right that boxing isnt.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:05 pm

i am not that surprised, every UFC event sells out massively, Froch is British and cant draw int he states and ward couldnt get his mum to follow him to one of his head and hug fests. If was in Notts there owuld be 20,000 att he city ground but OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ward wont leave the states, god i hope Froch smashes him

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 pm

As has already been said neither Froch or Ward are PPV fighters. Ward may become one in the future though.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 pm

.....i hope he does too sean, but can't see it i'm afraid. That said, froch keeps surprising us so lets hope he can do it again

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

massive ask foir Froch, huge, ward has all the tool to give him a tough night but il be raring for the Cobra to do it, if Carl did win then the massive fights in Britain woulld be htere for him, no one deserves it more but boxing is a unforgiving mistress as we know

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:24 pm

was never a fan in his calzaghe chasing days, but you have to respect him for taking big fights, fighting anywhere... and, excepting kessler, finding a way to win close fights. Deserves all the credit he's finally getting but fear ward will be a step too far

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:24 pm

I thought GSP was supposed to be being steered towards Silva, or am I utterly wrong on this?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:46 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I thought GSP was supposed to be being steered towards Silva, or am I utterly wrong on this?

There was a lot of talk about it Balti and after every GSP fight he is asked the question with little enthusiasm back.

GSP seems very reluctant to move up in weight to face him.

Problem is GSP is dominating everyone at WW now and is started to fight guys for a 2nd time now.

If GSP beats Diaz with ease there is maybe another fight against Condit to face and then he has no choice but to move up or lose some respect from a lot of fans.

Silva is a lot bigger who has fought at LHW so I can why GSP may be reluctant but then again Silva's fight against Sonnen should he wasn't invinciable and he's 36 now so may be the right time to face him.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:I thought GSP was supposed to be being steered towards Silva, or am I utterly wrong on this?

There was a lot of talk about it Balti and after every GSP fight he is asked the question with little enthusiasm back.

GSP seems very reluctant to move up in weight to face him.

Problem is GSP is dominating everyone at WW now and is started to fight guys for a 2nd time now.

If GSP beats Diaz with ease there is maybe another fight against Condit to face and then he has no choice but to move up or lose some respect from a lot of fans.

Silva is a lot bigger who has fought at LHW so I can why GSP may be reluctant but then again Silva's fight against Sonnen should he wasn't invinciable and he's 36 now so may be the right time to face him.

Tumbleweed
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Cheers VC, that explains much of what I was unsure about. I'm not a fan myself, but I have a friend (yes, a real friend) who is, and he'd mentioned it when we watched UFC...the one a couple months back. Just had me thinking about the 'best fighting the best' mantra which is so often put forward as being one of the things UFC has over boxing. Surely if GSP continues to show little enthusiasm it'll damage his rep as you said, and undermine UFC as a whole, to some degree?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Where did the tumbleweed smiley come from..?!?

Wow, there's even one for John Deere enthusiasts Springbok ...and what looks like Truss on a weekend, down at the Pink Flamingo club, or whatever it's called... appletini

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Blue Oyster...

The tumbleweed looks like a desert but still used to great effect by Union.

Love all the flags they have but not Welsh. Steffan will love it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Scottrf wrote:Blue Oyster...

The tumbleweed looks like a desert but still used to great effect by Union.

Love all the flags they have but not Welsh. Steffan will love it.

Do they have a welch (sic) flag?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:57 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Cheers VC, that explains much of what I was unsure about. I'm not a fan myself, but I have a friend (yes, a real friend) who is, and he'd mentioned it when we watched UFC...the one a couple months back. Just had me thinking about the 'best fighting the best' mantra which is so often put forward as being one of the things UFC has over boxing. Surely if GSP continues to show little enthusiasm it'll damage his rep as you said, and undermine UFC as a whole, to some degree?

It certainty won't help, Dana White can make people generally fight whoever in each division but can't force guys to move up or down in weight. I think GSP will fight Silva next year, more so out of necessity to not lose fans rather than him wanting the fight.

It's a 15ib jump from WW to MW in MMA.

I won't post any more about it on here as it's probably annoying some people!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:57 pm

No stars & stripes either, shame.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 pm

A Lennox Lewis one

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend 1432

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I won't post any more about it on here as it's probably annoying some people!

No problem, it's been interesting to find out the little details though, so cheers. Ale

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend Smiley-flag-static-003
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:05 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:I won't post any more about it on here as it's probably annoying some people!

No problem, it's been interesting to find out the little details though, so cheers. Ale
But don't ever post about MMA on the boxing forum again you gaptoothed yokel.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Union Cane wrote:Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend Smiley-flag-static-003

I think you'll find the Welsh flag is this one: :UnionJack:

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:A Lennox Lewis one

Froch v Ward not in Las Vegas because of UFC on the same weekend 1432

laughing

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

But don't ever post about MMA on the boxing forum again you gaptoothed yokel.

🐑 Tumbleweed 🐑 🐑 Oh, home on the range...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:42 pm

:UnionJack:

love it

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh dear god, who uploaded more chuffing smilies?!?!!!?!?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 pm

ghost Whats the demented looking sprem for?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Here's some i've just found:

Here's Truss, training for a job at the Blue Oyster.......

Last edited by Davie on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No images please. I'm not even leaving that one as a link or in a spoiler tag!)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down