The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juice and not the Fruit variety.

+3
ThrowingLeather
Fists of Fury
lightsout
7 posters

Go down

Juice and not the Fruit variety. Empty Juice and not the Fruit variety.

Post by lightsout Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

Someone had to bring up the subject.
I was doing really well while at Uni with the weight training and back then was training for fitness together with Boxing/Thai Boxing/Circuits/Aerobics/Football/Rock Climbing/Cross Country the works, what I really wanted was big arms and trained them hard twice a week, this guy started coming to the Gym I was using and was just starting out, he couldn't bar curl 20kg when he started and I was curling 70kg so you can see we were at different stages, his form was all wrong for every exercise and it used to scare me sometimes watching him train, anyway.....he stopped coming to the Gym for 6 months or so but started coming again....oh my god....he'd literally doubled in size ie he had the arms I wanted and all over development was out of this world he'd gone up the weights somewhat but still wasn't doing my weights or even close....I noticed that his muscles looked bloated for some reason..... anyway .... in the end he admitted he'd started on the juice at another Gym ..... got me thinking big time.....how could this guy inside a year look bigger stronger than me although I could lift way more weight than him and with his crazy training routine as well which was all over the place ...... I thought about how big I'd get with the sort of weights I was doing etc .......I was really tempted....obviously I'd never do them now I've got three kids etc.

Any of you guys had any experiences like mine and what are your thoughts on the JUICE......

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Juice and not the Fruit variety. Empty Re: Juice and not the Fruit variety.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

There was a chap at my work who started taking steroids, couldn't have been more than ten stone and he was about six foot six. Right streak of piddle he was. He had a bit of a reaction after a dose, freaked out, told the gaffer and got the sack. Having never seen the effects first hand I was looking forward to see if it would transform him into the hulk but never got to. I'd never take them myself. Not because of any moral or health reasons but because I've got no interest in being huge. I think it's more impressive to build strength whilst keeping size relatively small, although I would be interested to see what I looked like haha. Like you say, steroids don't necessarily build strength anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Wouldn't touch them, I'm all about a lean but muscular look and the two just don't go hand in hand.

Plus I think people look pretty grotesque when they're on the juice.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

I go to the gym to push myself and see what I can achieve from a strength point of view. Every PR is a victory that I've earned through effort, pushing my body to see what it can do. If I was juiced up every PR would be a hollow victory. Sure Id see gains in size and strength but where is the sense of achievement?

It becomes less about how hard you train and more about who is willing to take the most juice. This defeats the object for me.

Those who want to take short cuts may blow up overnight but unless they have the discipline to train hard they'll never get the strength that comes from day in day out effort.

Even from a health point of view most people train to get in better condition.. steroid use negates any health benefits you get from training.

Its clean all the way for me. Quality gains, all you.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

I've used them....Dianabol...deca..

Really work and your weights do increase as does your overall size....

Wife did say I was becoming more irritable though..not that she knew I was taking them..

Had joint trouble when I came off them though.....

Basically a way of getting where you want to go faster..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Fri 08 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Truss: imo it's down to personal choice, I'm not going to knock anyone whose done them or is doing them at the moment as although I've never done them myself there's been points when I've seriously considered them myself. I can only dream about what my gains would be.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:45 pm

One cycle won't hurt I shouldn't think not that I'm encouraging you.....older trainers are sometimes encouraged to take a low dose to boost testosterone levels..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:41 am

That's the thing though one cycle leads to another etc etc, I'm not aiming to go super heavy so I'm certain I can reach my goals and stay juice free....

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluto1978 Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

As long as your not lying about it in sport then it's nobodies business what people are taking be it performance enhancing or otherwise. However I do think they've seriously damaged strength sports.

Bluto1978

Back to top Go down

Post by oneorthree Wed 03 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

Iv done it (when i was about 19 for 4 months) Mainly d bols but shot test in for 10 days.
Big strength gains, big size (i los a fair bit of the size when i came off but kept about 10lbs)

i wont do it again as i play semi pro rugby and box on the unlicenced circuit and while i have no problem with anyone doing it for cosmetic reasons i am bang against it in any level of sport.

If done right with clean gear it is fine - its stupid kids buying bad stuff of the internet and going wild with the doses that end up getting sick, and guys who have been on it for years with no break

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:14 am

You can find out anything and everything you'd like to know about the 'juice' on steroid dot com and there's also a bodybuilders forum called UK muscle, just put it into a search engine and sign up as you don't get many meat-heads on here to discuss weightlifting with.

As for myself, I'm only on the Orange juice. Every morning along with my Special K red berries with soya milk, banana & greek youghart and protein shake when I can afford a tub.

Also to the weightlifters here, I'd reccomend porridge and banana for breakfast for it's slow releasing carbs throughout the day. Add a tablespoon of honey to the porridge for flavour.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down