The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benny Ricardo on Khan vs Judah

+7
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
DoubleD22
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
Union Cane
Primetime
11 posters

Go down

Benny Ricardo on Khan vs Judah Empty Benny Ricardo on Khan vs Judah

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 am

Benny Ricardo has given us his thoughts on the upcoming Khan vs Judah fight and his keys to victory, it's a cracking read! It's a long piece so read it here http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/news/boxing/benny-ricardo-on-khan-vs-judah/ and let us know what you think

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Benny Ricardo on Khan vs Judah Empty Re: Benny Ricardo on Khan vs Judah

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:35 am

Will the Khan Judah fight suddenly disappear, to be replaced with a couple of witless cage fighters lying on the floor, then cut to an advert for the upcoming Khan Judah fight?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 am

Hi, I think I asked this in the other thread but were you watching online or on Sky? I didn't see this issue on the Sky broadcast and also we haven't had any other complaints about this?

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:39 am

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 am

It was online, the screen also split into three (looked like a hall of mirrors) for the duration the heavyweight fight.

Other than those two little gremlins, great work.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 am

Always seems to be Union that has the problems! It's probably the viruses from the dodgy x-rated material you download, mate Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:44 am

I'm sorry to hear you guys had a small issue, to be honest I'm a little stumped as we didn't experience this at our end. There were no issues on the Sky broadcast and that broadcast is the one used for the stream. We also have the stream up in our transmission department and didn't see this issue. I will investigate though. I can assure you we have a large team on during the Khan event to ensure everything goes smoothly

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 am

I'm looking forward to the Khan fight, if Judah has enough left then it could prove to be very interesting.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:50 am

Fists of Fury wrote:I'm looking forward to the Khan fight, if Judah has enough left then it could prove to be very interesting.

absolutely, both Duke and Benny believe Pernell Whitaker being in Judah's corner is going to make this very interesting. It's great Khan is shunning the easy defenses and is really going after the best in the division! Shame Bradley turned him down

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks for that link it was a good read. i think alot of people are underestimating Judah and calling him past it, but i think he could really show up on fight night and make this a fight to remember. Looking forward to watching this one!

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 am

Yeah it is a massive shame, and Bradley should be ashamed of himself, too.

If Khan disposes of Judah and can then pin Bradley down then he really is starting to build a very respectable CV.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 am

There was a feature in Boxing Monthly and Judah's team are certainly saying all the right things. Whitaker was quoted as saying in his last couple of fights he has only really had a couple of weeks with Judah and last time out the improvements were noticeable, although I haven't seen the fight so can't corroborate this. He says with him being with Judah for the full camp he will really be able to make a difference this time.

Like you Fists am actually quite looking forward to this, is a big ask but Judah has always had talent to burn, if he can get his attitude right and Whitaker can get his defensive work matching his handspeed this could get interesting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:58 am

Doesn't Bradley have guaranteed money for his next fight whoever he faces? He'd be mad to face Khan next. Take an easy fight, bank the money, then Khan next for another big pay day.

Did I hear Khan saying that after Judah there is nobody left at LWW and he'd move up to WW?

Sounds like he's ducking Bradley to me...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:59 am

Actually Union that's a good point, I'd forgotten about the guaranteed money thing. Makes sense, and I'd be very disappointed if either moved up without first facing the other.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 am

Khan is adamant he wants to unify the division before moving up, he wants to beat Khan, face Bradley(and take the belts) before moving up with the potenetial of Mayweather next August/Sept....

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:06 am

Really looking forward to this myself, thanks for the link Primetime.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:08 am

Union Cane wrote:Doesn't Bradley have guaranteed money for his next fight whoever he faces? He'd be mad to face Khan next. Take an easy fight, bank the money, then Khan next for another big pay day.

Did I hear Khan saying that after Judah there is nobody left at LWW and he'd move up to WW?

Sounds like he's ducking Bradley to me...

I believe this to be case with Bradley, i also noticed Khan leave Bradley's name out when mentioning his next fights, if he stays at the weight i expect the fight to come off, but was worrying he mentioned Morales and i have a feeling he will chase that fight next if he beats Zab.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 am

Morales turned him down already before they settled on Judah apparently.

Khan possibly leaves Bradley's name out because he's already been rejected, possibly trying to play hard to get. I think he'd face him given the chance.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:16 am

Scottrf wrote:Morales turned him down already before they settled on Judah apparently.

Khan possibly leaves Bradley's name out because he's already been rejected, possibly trying to play hard to get. I think he'd face him given the chance.

That's sensible by Morales, Khan's movement would be too much for him at this stage, he needs someone he can outbox. I agree about Khan playing hard to get by leaving Bradley's name out of future oppoenents, money talks though and we all know how much Khan loves his money. Very Happy
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:16 am

Liek you Giant I also find it a little worrying how frequently the name of Morales is being bandied about, the Maidina fight flattered him, herculean performance though it was Marcos is basically a very crude guy with a hell of a dig, and with Morales having an outstandig set of whiskers he was pretty much able to nullify Maidana's primary asset and make the fight far closer than his abilities currently should have allowed it to be, against a quick young mobile fighter such as Khan he would have no such success and for me would lose fairly clearly.

Really hope it is Bradley next. There is much to admire in Khan post Prescott, because much as we can pick apart any fighters record, pretty much everyone from Kotelnik on has been well ranked at the weight and all have been dealt with, however at the minute Bradley has earned the right to be considered the man at the weight and has done this in the ring where it matters so should Khan exit the weight without facing Bradley personally I would have to count this against him in the long run.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 am

Also when I tried to watch online I clicked on the Bute advert, it told me that the total cost was 9.95 and I had to give my card details to sign up.

Is this what was required because I didn't bother after that, just went on to myp2p.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:23 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Also when I tried to watch online I clicked on the Bute advert, it told me that the total cost was 9.95 and I had to give my card details to sign up.

Is this what was required because I didn't bother after that, just went on to myp2p.
Was free in England, don't know if they charged elsewhere.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 am

Primietime, do you think you could get Khan to take part in one of our Q & A sessions, other sports people have taken part such as Wayne McCullough. Would be a massive coup for the board if you could use whatever influence you have to get him to do likewise. If you can swing it will personally guarantee I will buy the Judah fight, and as a Yorkshire man agreeing to give up my £15 is not an offer I make lightly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:09 am

rowley wrote:Primietime, do you think you could get Khan to take part in one of our Q & A sessions, other sports people have taken part such as Wayne McCullough. Would be a massive coup for the board if you could use whatever influence you have to get him to do likewise. If you can swing it will personally guarantee I will buy the Judah fight, and as a Yorkshire man agreeing to give up my £15 is not an offer I make lightly.

To follow that up, if you do indeed have any contact with Amir then point him in the direction of our Twitter account @606v2boxing, and I could take matters from there.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:10 am

rowley wrote:Primietime, do you think you could get Khan to take part in one of our Q & A sessions, other sports people have taken part such as Wayne McCullough. Would be a massive coup for the board if you could use whatever influence you have to get him to do likewise. If you can swing it will personally guarantee I will buy the Judah fight, and as a Yorkshire man agreeing to give up my £15 is not an offer I make lightly.

Bearing in mind Primetime is on his new favourite forum i think he should give us all mates rates (freebies) personally!

Heck, fly all us all out there... Now they've got Khan on PPV they'll be rolling in it.

I await your response but i'm already booking the time off work.

p.s. Skyloft suite @ The MGM would suffice by the way. And ooo, 1st Class with Virgin btw. Ta.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 am

Fists of Fury wrote:

To follow that up, if you do indeed have any contact with Amir then point him in the direction of our Twitter account @606v2boxing, and I could take matters from there.

I've passed the request along, no promises though Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:27 am

coxy0001 wrote:

Bearing in mind Primetime is on his new favourite forum i think he should give us all mates rates (freebies) personally!

Heck, fly all us all out there... Now they've got Khan on PPV they'll be rolling in it.

p.s. Skyloft suite @ The MGM would suffice by the way. And ooo, 1st Class with Virgin btw. Ta.

Lol, well if you want to go we are running a competition just now whereby everyone who buys before this Friday is entered into a competition to win tickets to go to Vegas, stay at the Mandalay bay for 3 nights and see the fight live.....

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 am

Primetime wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Lol, well if you want to go we are running a competition just now whereby everyone who buys before this Friday is entered into a competition to win tickets to go to Vegas, stay at the Mandalay bay for 3 nights and see the fight live.....

If i chucked £20 your way would that suffice in terms of a bribe to rig the competition so yours truly wins? Might even dangle the carrot further by offering a couple of asos vouchers your way.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 am

Primetime wrote:Lol, well if you want to go we are running a competition just now whereby everyone who buys before this Friday is entered into a competition to win tickets to go to Vegas, stay at the Mandalay bay for 3 nights and see the fight live.....

If I win, would I get my 15 quid back?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 am

Union Cane wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lol, well if you want to go we are running a competition just now whereby everyone who buys before this Friday is entered into a competition to win tickets to go to Vegas, stay at the Mandalay bay for 3 nights and see the fight live.....

No, you'd get two tickets to fly to vegas, stay at the bay and watch the fight live for your £14.95!!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 am

Union Cane wrote:

You must be a Yorkshire man with a comment like that, if you are not I may have to forward you for honoury membership.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 am

coxy0001 wrote:
Primetime wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

If i chucked £20 your way would that suffice in terms of a bribe to rig the competition so yours truly wins? Might even dangle the carrot further by offering a couple of asos vouchers your way.

sorry I'm not doing the draw.....

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 am

I'm really looking forward to this it looks a far better match up than Khan v Bradley. I think Judah might stop Khan late in the fight but I'm not really that convinced it's a real 50/50 imo.
I think if Judah can rock Khan like Maidana did then I think he will finish him off. His foot movement and speed along with his hand speed make him more dangerous than Maidana. Judah may not throw as many punches as Maidana but he doesn't waste as much either and is a harder single shot hitter than the very one dimensional Argentinian who was no doubt Khans toughest test to date.
If Khan can keep to his boxing and not try and go toe to toe as often as he has been guilty of in the past he should win. I can't see him doing that their is very little evidence to suggest he is capable of doing that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm excited about this fight aswell and given the free Bute vs Mendy was pretty good on Primtime (And I love Duke Mckenzie) I think I'll buy this one, didn't buy the McCloskey one (As no offence but I thought it was going to be a stinker and it wasn't great) but this interests me, Judah on form I actually think could take down damn near anyone at LWW. If he can get everything right that is, my gut feeling is a Khan win but Judah has the trickiness to land on a guy that makes a fair few defensive errors and he hits very hard and I'm still suspect on Khan's massive chin so unsure.

Also Primetime will you be doing more fights with Khan ( a la possibly a Bradley one next) or is he going back to sky, because I read De La Hoya said you were very good to work with and would definately be intersted in working with you guys again I read in Boxing News Weekly.

Also anyone think Khan is pretty decent looking? (No homo)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down