The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results that have made your day/week/year.....

+21
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
no-mas
milkyboy
The genius of PBF
Seanusarrilius
oxring
captain carrantuohil
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
Lumbering_Jack
Valero's Conscience
TopHat24/7
Super D Boon
lightsout
bhb001
88Chris05
Rowley
coxy0001
HumanWindmill
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Results that have made your day/week/year..... - Page 2 Empty Results that have made your day/week/year.....

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Following on from a previous article about being dejected with a fight result:

Which fight have you stayed up to watch and the result had you walking on air and in a good mood for days/weeks?

I heard the Barrera vs Naseem fight mentioned so i'm sure that is an obvious one for a lot of people.

I'll get the ball rollin':

Groves beating DeGale

Hopkins beating Pascal

Over to you lads!!!

Cheers

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Results that have made your day/week/year..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Results that have made your day/week/year.....

Post by Rowley Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

Spot on Top hat, think that is what is often overlooked or misunderstood about the whole Froch Calzaghe thing, few if any think Carl would have had the beating of Joe myself included and I class myself as a huge Froch fan. However whilst we back him and find ourselves favouring him over Joe is there is so much more to admire in his approach to the game. May have less talent but for me displays infinitely more ambition. Given a choice between a guy with all the talent in the world and very little ambition or a guy of lesser talent with all the ambition in the world I personally will always gravitate towards the latter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Results that have made your day/week/year..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Results that have made your day/week/year.....

Post by Super D Boon Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
The good, not so good and the great - the way a proper champion should!

No offence, but proper champions fight the very good, the very good and the very good.

Proper champions don't sit in their backyards making umpteen defences of a belt against many, many opposition that can be described as average at best.

A proper champion makes umpteen mandatory defences against randomly average journeymen eh? Yup, keep thinking that.

Oh yeah I remember, the Super Mid division had a load of quality fighters Joe dodged for all those years! Silly me! There was me thinking that JC took on what was available and only failed to fight some corrupt pig faced German who hid away in Germany dodging JC like the plague even though JC was willing to fight him over there!

That's right Froch the warrior is a lot better than that!

In honour of Froch I'm gonna offer out my fat uncle Larry but demand he stops eating for a week so I have a better chance of beating him! Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Where's our resident JC hater to come on here and provide solid evidence of who JC fought and more to the point how only a few were actually ranked by the Ring?

Find it quite funny he was talking about career defining fights and then took on a TV reality guy in Manfredo Jr......

If Froch wins the S6, beats Kessler and Bute then i'm sorry but he's got a better legacy than JC.

And yup, Froch is a warrior who is quite happy to go into highly ranked guys backyards (Kessler, Taylor, Abraham, Johnson and now Ward). How many times did Joe give away home advantage against top ranked oppo?

Real warrior JC was........

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

little bit excitable....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

Just to play Devils advocate wasnt a certain Mr Calzaghe accused of ducking said old drained man Glenn Johnson?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:26 pm

Be fair no mas, pulling out of a fight three times can not in any way shape or form be interpreted as ducking and you are wrong to even suggest it could.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:27 pm

At least he didn't call someone shot and then fight him further down the line.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

Sorry rowley thought i was being a bit too harsh on him

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

also out of respect for Dee, the cleverly/macintosh fight had me in stiches, nice to see a then gobby git get it punched out of him quite literally

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

Curry v mccrory...........
Starling v Honey
Spinks v Qawi
Norris v Leonard
Chavez v Rosario........
Mayweather v Hatton...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:52 am

The guy I always want to win very rarely wins...(Sadly)
I remember going MENTAL when Mosley rocked Mayweather in the 2nd that almost made my year I was just screaming at my dad "HE'S NEVER BEEN ROCKED LIKE THIS!! OH MY GOD HE DOESN'T EVEN TAKE CLEAN PUNCHES HE'S NEVER BEEN ROCKED LIKE THIS!"
Looked daft as PBF took him to school the following 10 rounds.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:54 am

Oh actually Berto - Ortiz. I picked Berto to win this but really wanted Ortiz to win, saw that thing on HBO with him talking about his upbringing real sad, and he's such a nice guy, some people lauded him being a quitter was so happy for the guy when he beat Berto.

Also when Haye beat Valuev was happy then aswell.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

Bruno McCall
Hearns Kinchen - was on edge of my seat throughout.
Hearns Leaonard 2 (not the decision, but how Hearns performed)
Moorer Cooper.
Duran Barkley.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:43 pm

Buster Douglas beating Tyson made my day, I'd taken a bit of time off work to watch it and had to go back to work afterwards but Iwent with a smile on my face. I always said that anyone who could box could beat Tyson.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:22 am

Pacquiao beating Hatton was unbelievable. I thought that Pacquiao was going to win but the way he did it gave me a buzz.

Fantastic result. Smile

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

not leonard hagler then atila?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

milkyboy wrote:not leonard hagler then atila?
Is that anyway to welcome an old friend Milky? Laugh

Leonard getting beat by Camacho was good though, it served him right. You know that Leonard has just released a book don't you? It's called "The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring". This may surprise you but I intend to read it.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

How're you doing stranger? Did you migrate to boxing banter with the original 606 crew all those years ago, or like me just grow tired of the endless bickering and take a break?

Presumably, the book will have have pride of place in your lavatory... read the words and rip out the pictures for a more functional use Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

Im doing OK. How about you? Yes, I went to Banter. I didn't take a break but I hardly posted. Maybe I'm just an old fart, but there doesn't seem a lot to post about these days.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Hatton beating Tszyu was one that gave me an extra skip in my step the following few days.
Has anyone else noticed how many people seem to be picking results which have gone against mouthy British fighters, rather than great wins by their favourite boxers?

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:47 am

I'm good thanks. I take your point, when you've had all the old debates, there's either a lot of repetition, or wait for something new to happen. I think I posted once in 2 years prior to the end of 606... and you spotted that one!

Maybe srl's book will announce the long awaited return for hagler and we can all get hot under the collar again Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2