The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I learned at the range today

3 posters

Go down

What I learned at the range today Empty What I learned at the range today

Post by Mercurio Mon 11 Jul - 22:54

I have finally attained the feeling of powering into the follow-through (after a slow backswing) so that it feels natural.

And, sheesh, does it feel good.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?!?!

Whistle

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

What I learned at the range today Empty Re: What I learned at the range today

Post by drive4show Mon 11 Jul - 23:12

I think so........

A clear mind and swinging with no inhibitions?

Will we be seeing this revelation on the 21st? Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Mon 11 Jul - 23:19

Mercurio wrote:I have finally attained the feeling of powering into the follow-through (after a slow backswing) so that it feels natural.

And, sheesh, does it feel good.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?!?!

Whistle

Yes I think I do - It's when the utopia of rhythm and timing come together.... when the body / arms and club head synchronize and you flush it.

Happens two or three times a year for me - just wish I could repeat it more often Crying or Very sad

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 11 Jul - 23:35

drive4show wrote:I think so........

A clear mind and swinging with no inhibitions?

Will we be seeing this revelation on the 21st? Very Happy

Thinking about it, yeah, the mind is clear but that's not the thing that stands out.

It's the coil. We've all heard that the right side should be coiled and ready to explode into the ball. After a bucket and a half of balls today, I noticed that I had that feeling. I'd always tried to get that coil feeling, but it never came naturally. I've now got it without trying to get it. It follows on from when I was pulling it and the Pro changd my grip. He said I should now be able to swing through the ball without fear of pulling it. The pull comes back for the odd shot, but the confidence that the pull is not as bad as it was (when it happens) has helped me finish my swing off. To be able to swing-through, I realised I needed to have a slow back swing so I'm not off kilter and that's been the final piece of the jigsaw.

I would love to be there on the 21st, but I haven't got the holidays. I tell you what, though, as soon as the dogs follow the doris to Switzerland, I'll be up for some touring at weekends. The Mercurio Challenge will be on.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down