The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mclaren - a voice of support

4 posters

Go down

Mclaren - a voice of support Empty Mclaren - a voice of support

Post by SteveG Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

The ludicrousy of the instrctions issued to Webber at Silverstone was only bettered by the excuse from Horner afterwards. This makes me say one thing: Thank god for Mclaren.

They may be stumbling at the moment but to their credit they let their drivers race and don't seem to blatantly favour one over the other ensuring that whoever comes out on top within the team does so on merit. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about Ferrari or Red Bull. I wouldnt advise anyone to put a wager on Hamilton leaving Mclaren anytime soon simply because the only two teams that can give him the car that he craves would never - as much as they would love to - sign him up at the risk of upsetting their current pampered number one driver. In contrast if Red Bull were to suddenly collapse you get the feeling that Mclaren would sign up Vettel alongside Hamilton in an instant and worry about man management later.

You could rightly argue that arch rivalries have cost Mclaren in the past but in these modern times of mass market interest in the sport Mclaren are the only team that are prepared to give the public what they want - fair racing and a clash of the titans.

Long live Mclaren.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Mclaren - a voice of support Empty Re: Mclaren - a voice of support

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:51 am

Mate, whilst Mclaren appear to give both drivers an equal opportunity, I get the feeling that Button is favoured over Hamilton by the current set up.

Button has had one issue this season but Hamilton has had numerous incidents, errors and bungled strategies.

Once or twice is a mistake, anymore is gross incompetence or deliberate. Ferrari are also doing the same thing to Massa.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

Whats happened to Hamilton this season I'd put down to incompetance. If not I just can't see how they could possibly favour Button over Hamilton.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

McLaren have suffered more setbacks than usual. You could say that its down to management problems, or that, out of desperation, they are taking more risks than usual, in an effort to close the gap on Red Bull.

Short-filling Hamilton, for example while I personally thought it ill-advised, you can see how the team strategists might've thought that Lewis, being generally the faster driver, would have been able to pull out enough of a lead to consolidate his position, that he could fuel-save for the last 10 laps.

It didn't work, but thats why its called a gamble.

Its certainly not the first time both McLaren drivers have had fuel issues.

For me, Christian Horner dispelled the myth that Red Bull give their drivers equal treatment when he told Webber to hold position behind Vette. I'd already had doubts after the shenanigans of last season.

Lewis seems to have had more bad luck of late, but until McLaren do or say something definitive, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by omar22 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

Short-filling Hamilton, is a way to let Button pass Hamilton in the later laps of the race.... Normally Button tends to have a stronger finish when the car is lighter

omar22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down