The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Goose!

+9
HumanWindmill
fearlessBamber
paperbag_puncher
Rowley
88Chris05
bhb001
BALTIMORA
Union Cane
ONETWOFOREVER
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golden Goose! - Page 2 Empty Golden Goose!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Every now and again a fighter comes around who become the treasure chest of promoters and now television companies alike. A few months ago Teddy Atlas (a man I respect greatly) spilled the beans on the current Manny Pacquaio sensation. Teddy exposed the con surrounding Manny and the hype that the general public have fallen for. His outburst came after the dissapointing Pacquaio v Mosley "super fight" and never came close to living up to expectations. That fight was hyped and promoted to the hilt even though we the real boxing fans knew that Mosley was finished. Bob Arum pulled off a marketing masterpiece selling that fight as it sold out and made million for all involved. Teddy also indicates that the state of Manny's opponents are very below par and suited to him.

I want to know if there are any other famous cases of the golden goose phenomenon.

Ali?
Chavez?
Tyson?
De La Hoya?

and who are the future golden gooses?

Alverez?
Khan?
Rios?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Golden Goose! - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Goose!

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Union Cane wrote:I was thinking Family Guy which didn't make sense (although they do hate Jews I suppose).

Can't see how we get from the Daily Mail to Nick Griffin though, that's a bit of a stretch.

Two sides of the same coin. They're both sensationalist tripe.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2