The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480

+8
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
KO-KING
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
BALTIMORA
Rowley
Primetime
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480 - Page 2 Empty Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480

Post by Primetime Fri 15 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480

WBA + IBF Light Welterweight Championship
When: Saturday Night 23rd July Live from 1am
What: Amir Khan vs Zab Judah
Where: All on Primetime: Sky channel 480, Virgin Media ‘On Demand’ and online at www.primetimelive.co.uk

Primetime are pleased to announce an exciting schedule of classic boxing and an exclusive documentary following Amir Khan’s preparations for his unification fight against Zab Judah. These exciting programmes are available free on ch480 on Sky!

Saturday 16/07/2011
7.00PM Freeview: Khan - The Road To Vegas
7.30PM Freeview: Mayweather vs De La Hoya
8.30PM Freeview: Khan - The Road To Vegas
9.00PM Freeview: Mayweather vs De La Hoya
Sunday 17/07/2011
7.30PM Freeview: Mayweather vs De La Hoya
9.00PM Freeview: Mayweather vs De La Hoya
Monday 18/07/2011
7.30PM Freeview: Pacquiao vs Barrera
9.00PM Freeview: Pacquiao vs Barrera
Tuesday 19/07/2011
7.30PM Freeview: Mosely vs Margarito
9.00PM Freeview: Mosely vs Margarito
Wednesday 20/07/2011
7.30PM Freeview: Khan - Making Of A King
9.00PM Freeview: Khan - Making Of A King
Thursday 21/07/2011
7.30PM Freeview: Khan vs Malignaggi
9.00PM Freeview: Khan vs Malignaggi
Friday 22/07/2011
7.30PM Freeview: Khan vs McCloskey
9.00PM Freeview: Khan vs McCloskey
Saturday 23/07/2011
10.00PM Freeview: Khan - Making Of A King
10.30PM Freeview: Khan vs Malignaggi
11.30PM Freeview: Khan - The Road To Vegas
12.00AM Freeview: Judah vs Matthysse
12.30AM Freeview: Khan vs McCloskey

You can order Khan vs Judah for only £14.95 by calling 08712004444*, visiting www.primetimelive.co.uk or using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

Last edited by Primetime on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480 - Page 2 Empty Re: Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

rowley wrote:Kev there was an interview with the Primetime chief exec in one of the boxing mags the other week said because they had much lower running costs than Sky they operated on a whole different scale of success. Basically said if a PPV did 5,000 depending on the fight they could cover their costs but for Sky this would be an absolute disaster. Makes sense I suppose.

I get the concept think it's doomed to fail though due to exposure. Sky have all the sky channels to promote fights and a 24 hour sports news channel.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480 - Page 2 Empty Re: Primetime Schedule – Watch Some Classic Fights Free On Ch480

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:23 pm

d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
d260005p wrote:
Primetime wrote:
alma wrote:Fair enough. Will i be bombarded with spam etc if I sign up?

no, if you give us an email address we will email you about upcoming events

How much money do you make to come on here and feed us with your info? Is it a specific job? Seems a decent one and i want it haha thumbsup

Small part of a much wider job and not very much! Very Happy

Just out of interest how well did the first Bhop and Pascal fight sell on primetime? £15 a go for that was very steep.

The 2nd one? I thought that was on Sky at 1000am in the morning?

The 2nd one was that's why I asked about the 1st one which was on primetime.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm

Oh yeh sorry matey didnt see that my bad!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
rowley wrote:Kev there was an interview with the Primetime chief exec in one of the boxing mags the other week said because they had much lower running costs than Sky they operated on a whole different scale of success. Basically said if a PPV did 5,000 depending on the fight they could cover their costs but for Sky this would be an absolute disaster. Makes sense I suppose.

I get the concept think it's doomed to fail though due to exposure. Sky have all the sky channels to promote fights and a 24 hour sports news channel.

Sky is a rip off anyway i think. Its good to see these companies coming in to try expose more boxing to the public at a cheaper price all be it by a few quid. Like you said, 5,000 PPV buys will cover costs and the rest is profit.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:27 pm

d260005p wrote:Oh yeh sorry matey didnt see that my bad!

I bought the first one but never imagined it would have done that well. I also bought Klitchko vs Sosnowski and a show from Peurto Rico which had Martinez before Burns beat him and Vasquez Jnr on it. Those 2 were s£6 each but were on the same night so you got bot for a tenner was well worth it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:27 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
d260005p wrote:
Primetime wrote:

How much money do you make to come on here and feed us with your info? Is it a specific job? Seems a decent one and i want it haha thumbsup

Just out of interest how well did the first Bhop and Pascal fight sell on primetime? £15 a go for that was very steep.

Very well and if I remember correctly that one was £9.95

Any rough figure would be nice. I bought it thought it was £15 but you work for primetime so I will take your word for it.

Sorry not allowed to divulge figures, that is at the promoters discretion

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:27 pm

d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Sky is a rip off anyway i think. Its good to see these companies coming in to try expose more boxing to the public at a cheaper price all be it by a few quid. Like you said, 5,000 PPV buys will cover costs and the rest is profit.

Primetime is £15 for the Khan fight the same Sky would be.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm

Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Primetime wrote:
d260005p wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Very well and if I remember correctly that one was £9.95

Any rough figure would be nice. I bought it thought it was £15 but you work for primetime so I will take your word for it.

Sorry not allowed to divulge figures, that is at the promoters discretion

Very professional. So it was up to team Khan when they released the McCloskey figures then? Trying to prove a point to Sky. I like how that worked out for him. Shocked

Last edited by prettyboykev on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

There's would be in HD though, and probably 3d, although since I haven't got a 3d tele I don't give a monkey's about that. I have got HD though so I do care about that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

rowley wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

There's would be in HD though, and probably 3d, although since I haven't got a 3d tele I don't give a monkey's about that. I have got HD though so I do care about that.

Boxing in 3D is amazing mate. I've got one but theirs only been Haye's last 2 fights and a prizefighter. It costs a fortune to broadcast in 3D.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

True, but like you said, you got a cracking nights boxing for £10 which you wouldnt have got to see on Sky. Really like the way you can watch fights like that abroad, top fights with decent fighters. Should do it more often, and who knows after the profit they make, who is to say they wont do a FREE SHOW every now and again. Like on Sky, we watch Pacman fights for free (well you pay extra for sports) but yet to watch Khan vs Prescott you pay £15??

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

True, but like you said, you got a cracking nights boxing for £10 which you wouldnt have got to see on Sky. Really like the way you can watch fights like that abroad, top fights with decent fighters. Should do it more often, and who knows after the profit they make, who is to say they wont do a FREE SHOW every now and again. Like on Sky, we watch Pacman fights for free (well you pay extra for sports) but yet to watch Khan vs Prescott you pay £15??

We did Bute vs Mendy free the other week Very Happy

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
d260005p wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

It makes no sense at least we don't live in the states they pay a lot more for PPV and a lot more is deemed PPV worthy over their.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

It's just a bit galling generally the whole PPV thing. From this Thursday you can watch the two best test teams in the world do battle at cricket for five days for the price of Sky Sports, a few month ago you could watch Man Utd v Barcelona for the same price but want to watch David Haye vs the sixth ranked heavyweight in Britain and it costs you £15, as the Americans would say go figure.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

Very true. Im sure the Pascal vs Hopkins fight on HBO Canada was $70! Wow!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

rowley wrote:It's just a bit galling generally the whole PPV thing. From this Thursday you can watch the two best test teams in the world do battle at cricket for five days for the price of Sky Sports, a few month ago you could watch Man Utd v Barcelona for the same price but want to watch David Haye vs the sixth ranked heavyweight in Britain and it costs you £15, as the Americans would say go figure.

Great point , never thought of that, and i brought it. Bet you did too? Very Happy

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:50 pm

I did buy it end of the day I am a boxing fan and if I'm in the house bearing in mind I spend half my time on here discussing the sport it helps if I actually see some fights occasionally. However that does not change the fact that for some reason boxing stands apart from other sports in being the only one where those that watch it are forced to pay a premium on top of our TV license and Sky subscription. That insult is compounded when we are served guff like Audley Harrison going through the latest in a long, long line of flase dawns and abject disappointments.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 19 Jul 2011, 6:27 pm

Primetime wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:Primetime - are there any plans to launch a HD channel?

Cheers

Yes but it's unlikely to happen until next year

Cheers mate.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:12 pm

Any chance of Primetime showing any more of the shows like the one you showed in Puerto Rico last year?

That was an excellent show and these types of things usually to turn out to be better value for money than the big shows.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:50 pm

Just watched Mosley-Margarito. Thank you primetime I forgot how enjoyable it was.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:16 pm

Another night of free programmes on Primetime tonight. You get another chance to see Khan-The Road To Vegas and also tonight sees the addition of Khan- Making Of A King, Watch highlights of Amir Khan’s professional career as he prepares for his title defence against Zab Judah this Saturday, exclusively live on Primetime.

Should be cracking watch

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

Primetime wrote:Another night of free programmes on Primetime tonight. You get another chance to see Khan-The Road To Vegas and also tonight sees the addition of Khan- Making Of A King, Watch highlights of Amir Khan’s professional career as he prepares for his title defence against Zab Judah this Saturday, exclusively live on Primetime.

Should be cracking watch

Will you be showing any of the Maidana fight?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2