The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murry v Mitchell, Rios next???

2 posters

Go down

Murry v Mitchell, Rios next??? Empty Murry v Mitchell, Rios next???

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:21 pm

There is a possibility that the winner of tonight's clash between Murry and Mitchell could meet American sensation Brandon Rios. I for one think that's a fight that can be made. Brandon Rios is hot right now so a fight against him would be huge and great for British boxing. I don't have any favourites between Murry or Mitchell but taking into consideration the prospects of a big fight, possibly a world title, I would have to choose Murry because he is more professional and reliable then Mitchell.

Murry it seems has been around for years, climbing the ranks,learning the trade and seems more dedicated to the game. He has done so without the hype or money of a Khan for example and should he win this deserves his shot. Kevin Mitchell however has had a history of problems. Not training properly, pulling out of fights, problems outside the ring and continuing issues with Warren that I know a little bit more about but wont get into all that here. Mitchell reminds me of Danny Williams you just never know. Will he turn up? is he prepared? you never know with him.

I think the Rios shot would be fantastic as he is a come forward fighter who can trade but is easy to hit. Ironically I give Mitchell the better chance style wise. I thought Antillion would beat Rios but he stood in front of him and traded and I dont see Murry doing much else different. Mitchell however can box,use the ring, and work behind the jab more effective then Murry.I anticipate a real dust up tonight so good luck to both of them.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Murry v Mitchell, Rios next??? Empty Re: Murry v Mitchell, Rios next???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Don't see the it being made ONETWO.....Murray/Mitchell are good fighters...Rios looks the business..can't see why they'd risk a sparse money fight at this stage..

Plus with Warren's reticence on risking fighters....Think it's more likely we'll see Haley's comet....

Mitchell/Murray will fight the weakest titlist and milk the belt..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down