The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell Versus Rios

+17
88Chris05
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
Valero's Conscience
No1Jonesy
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Seanusarrilius
Fists of Fury
Dass
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
BALTIMORA
Lumbering_Jack
coxy0001
AlexHuckerby
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mitchell Versus Rios Empty Mitchell Versus Rios

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:03 pm

Ok this is a possible matchup coming up and both coming off the back of very good wins.
Rios took care of Antillon in 3 in pretty impressive fashion and Mitchell done a strong man in Murray and looked very good in doing so, but how do we see this one unfolding if they were to get in the ring together next?

First off I want to get out of the way this opinion because Katsidis is fringe World Level and Murray lost to him doesn't make him not a World Level contender. Many people will struggle with Katsidis if he manages to get through and land which can happen to just about anyone and even Marquez was knocked down and in trouble with him. Rios is a different type of fighter and the saying is 100% correct in "Styles makes fights" Katsidis keeps coming with an iron chin, Rios does keep coming but not quite in the same style and is there to be outboxed. Mitchell most certainly can be rocked but he has the movement and skill to stay away and win, he CAN take shots and if he commits himself he can win a World Title. Just because he loses once to a hard hitting come forward fighter which just about anyone can lose to if he ends up taking the big shots doesn't mean he isn't world class.

I think Rios could stop him and drag him into a war, but I think Mitchell could definately outbox him as Rios is there for the taking against a good quality quick boxer. How do you see it?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrogn NAME!)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Versus Rios Empty Re: Mitchell Versus Rios

Post by coxy0001 Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Quite laughable to mention Mitchell with Rios. The latter didn't "look very good" in beating Murray (having now had time to watch it on sky+), he struggled immensely.

Rios would absolutely pummel Mitchell, he's a vastly better version of Katsidis and packs a bigger wallop. You seem to be sounding like Mitchell is some super slick fighter - he's not. If Murray can get through then i hate to think what the bigger punching, quicker and MUCH more technically gifted Rios does to him.

Mark my words, Mitchell gets blown away inside 3 and i'll quite happily stick £1k of my own money down that Rios batters him from pillar to post.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

Rios to take him out inside 2 rounds. Mitchell has been life and death with the likes of johanson. Murray troubled his sufficiently for me to believe Rios has no trouble finding him. He cant fight off the ropes which is exactly were he will be vs Rios.

KO RND 2.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

Mitchell imo boxes world class and smashes Rios who imo Mitchell is better and faster then to bits. Mitchell would of battered Katsidis and done a job on him if Mitchell hadn't of had all the woes of the world to deal with beforehand, like arguing with his mum/Mrs/the dog.

Nah, just kidding. Can't see Mitchell lasting the distance.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Quite laughable to mention Mitchell with Rios. The latter didn't "look very good" in beating Murray (having now had time to watch it on sky+), he struggled immensely.

Rios would absolutely pummel Mitchell, he's a vastly better version of Katsidis and packs a bigger wallop. You seem to be sounding like Mitchell is some super slick fighter - he's not. If Murray can get through then i hate to think what the bigger punching, quicker and MUCH more technically gifted Rios does to him.

Mark my words, Mitchell gets blown away inside 3 and i'll quite happily stick £1k of my own money down that Rios batters him from pillar to post.

Think your being too kind too Mitchell...Mitchell would do well to get past the first round...His excuses for the Katsidis defeat was pathetic.

He struggled to beat the overrated, the average and unproven Murray now all of sudden Mitchell is "world class".

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:49 pm

Styles make fights....certainly wouldn't rule Mitchell out of a piece of pie...

Probably avoid Rios though...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Styles make fights....certainly wouldn't rule Mitchell out of a piece of pie...

Probably avoid Rios though...

No doubt Frank Warren will come out and say Rios ducked Mitchell...Like he did with Skelton and David Haye.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:54 pm

Mitchell needs to fights Kats again. The fight makes sense now. The result would be similar, probably a stoppage inside 6.

Mitchell will then say how he fell out with his pet rabbit and use as an excuse. His fans will lap it up.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:55 pm

Got to agree with Coxy on this one.

The fact that Murray was able to get to Mitchell by the 2nd round has got to question exactly how slick Mitchell actually is. I'm still not completely convinced but this power Mitchell is meant to have also, it was more the amount of full flush punches Murray took that ended his night. During the first 6 rounds though it was Mitchell who looked in trouble ever time Murray connected with some big punches. Murray is hardly what you'd call a massive puncher either.

I was impressed by Mitchell and it was a good performance but I don't think he's got one attribute good enough to mix it at the top level apart from maybe shot selection.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

People do read a lot into fights..Murray was unbeaten and a good win.....

He waas unbeaten because he was better than average..better than average fighters will hit you and Mitchell got tagged..but like good fighters once the fight really got going the class showed..

Over by the middle of the sixth round....

It was a superb performance.....give the kid some credit...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

Was a very good performance, he looked sharp and very well conditioned. Rios could be outboxed, but those toe-to-toe scraps need to be avoided if that is to happen. Not sure if they could be, but it's certainly a fight I'd like to see. No point in Kev hanging around beating Euro level opponents.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

Rios hits too hard and just like Kats can take a lot of punishment on his way in, he would KO Mitchell, i said it before and i say it again, Mitchell is too small at LW, very good talent and if he could make Super feather then he should.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

Don't see why everyone is slating Mitchell in victory. Murray was unbeaten and is a sound euro level fighter. I've said in the past that Murray was there to be outboxed but let's remember no-one had managed it yet. Mitchell hadn't boxed in 15 months - it was a tough come back fight. He boxed very well - in the second round he looked like he was gonna slip into a war with Murray who is the naturally bigger, stronger guy, but he got back to his boxing in the 3rd. I thought his upper body movement was good - he made Murray miss a heck of a lot, his handspeed and punch accuracy was also very good and he used the ring well against a relentless pressure fighter. Threw some great left hooks and uppercuts and won a tough fight in which he was the underdog well inside the distance.

Prior to getting stopped against Katsisas he wasn't actually boxing badly. Don't get me wrong I don't think he has the physicality to beat Rios but there are other routes in the lightweight division he could take. He's not the most well liked fighter outside of east London and Essex and seems to me some people are usi g that against him when in fact he's s skilled fighter who's had one bad night in his career, he's won a good fight against the odds now let's see if he can take the next step.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

Can only see Rios by KO fairly early, Mitchell despite being described as a slickster isn't too hard to find and someone with Rios' power will take him out with relative ease

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:38 am

think mitchell is very limited and probably only euro level at best. i didnt think he performed that well to be honest against murray- murray should have had him out of there well before the 5th, rios wouldnt let mitchell get back into the fight like murray did. a katidis rematch is a good idea, if he can beat him and prove he really did have a "off night" then fair enough, but i dont think the result would be much different, and to me katisdis is a gatekeeper as opposed to top world level fighter. and murray proved not to be that level.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:24 am

eddyfightfan wrote:think mitchell is very limited and probably only euro level at best. i didnt think he performed that well to be honest against murray- murray should have had him out of there well before the 5th, rios wouldnt let mitchell get back into the fight like murray did. a katidis rematch is a good idea, if he can beat him and prove he really did have a "off night" then fair enough, but i dont think the result would be much different, and to me katisdis is a gatekeeper as opposed to top world level fighter. and murray proved not to be that level.

What the hell are you on about Eddy? Murray didnt let Mitchell back in because Mitchell was never out of the fight - did you even watch it? Other then being tagged a couple of times Mitchell was slipping a lot of Murrays shots along with blocking them for good measure then landing accurate punches of his own - Murrays face showed this. Just because Murray kept walking forward does not mean he was shutting Mitchell out.

Also how do you know Murray didnt prove to be that level just because Mitchell beat him? I'm sick and tired that all you 'boxing fans' will write of a win because it's not the win you wanted to see.... Murray was an unbeaten fighter in over 30+ fights and i will lay a £1000 that each and everyone of Murrays opponents would beat anyone on this board and was no where near an 'average' boxer and whoever thinks that should go watch golf or something.

We had a great British scrap between to of Englands finest Lightweights (one that has had a 15 month lay off) and all of a sudden one is a bum and always was and the other one is limited and is not going past Euro level.

Lastly to Mitchells excuse to Katsidis... Check out the post fight interview of the Murray fight where the press where asking very intimate questions about that excuse and his situation now and you will hear that he now gets to SEE HIS KIDS about four nights a week which tells you the trouble he was having before the Katsidis fight so I for one can feel for the guy there!

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

Rios would be too much for Mitchell, way too much pressure and broken down by the mid round IMO.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

Just a quick one Jonesy, but guys like Guerrero boxed through his wife undergoing treatment for cancer. Don't hear him complaining about things.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

coxy0001 wrote:Just a quick one Jonesy, but guys like Guerrero boxed through his wife undergoing treatment for cancer. Don't hear him complaining about things.

I thought Guerrero HAD had a bit of a layoff during the worst part of his wife's illness? Either way, I know Katsidis didn't blame his brother's death for his loss to JMM, and Douglas managed a career best performance not long after his mother died.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

No1Jonesy wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:think mitchell is very limited and probably only euro level at best. i didnt think he performed that well to be honest against murray- murray should have had him out of there well before the 5th, rios wouldnt let mitchell get back into the fight like murray did. a katidis rematch is a good idea, if he can beat him and prove he really did have a "off night" then fair enough, but i dont think the result would be much different, and to me katisdis is a gatekeeper as opposed to top world level fighter. and murray proved not to be that level.

What the hell are you on about Eddy? Murray didnt let Mitchell back in because Mitchell was never out of the fight - did you even watch it? Other then being tagged a couple of times Mitchell was slipping a lot of Murrays shots along with blocking them for good measure then landing accurate punches of his own - Murrays face showed this. Just because Murray kept walking forward does not mean he was shutting Mitchell out.

Also how do you know Murray didnt prove to be that level just because Mitchell beat him? I'm sick and tired that all you 'boxing fans' will write of a win because it's not the win you wanted to see.... Murray was an unbeaten fighter in over 30+ fights and i will lay a £1000 that each and everyone of Murrays opponents would beat anyone on this board and was no where near an 'average' boxer and whoever thinks that should go watch golf or something.

We had a great British scrap between to of Englands finest Lightweights (one that has had a 15 month lay off) and all of a sudden one is a bum and always was and the other one is limited and is not going past Euro level.

Lastly to Mitchells excuse to Katsidis... Check out the post fight interview of the Murray fight where the press where asking very intimate questions about that excuse and his situation now and you will hear that he now gets to SEE HIS KIDS about four nights a week which tells you the trouble he was having before the Katsidis fight so I for one can feel for the guy there!

do you see me saying i'd knock any of murrays opponents out? and you'd hope they would win, seen as there professional boxers who make living out of doing it. and i dont think you could argue the fact murray was having the better of the fight in the early rounds and mitchell didn't know how to handle the pressure. he came back well, but for me both showed gaps in the armor that a true world level fighter would expose and take advantage of. im sorry if my opinion makes you feel sick, maybe you should get that checked out at the doctors.

theres no shame been a euro level fighter, it is a honour and a great acheivement but i have seem nothing from either of them to lead to me beleive they could beat rio's, gurrero, soto, varquez, jmm or any other of the top level fighters at the weight. neither does either of there records suggest this.

and true champions cannot let personal matters into the ring. klitchsho has just unifed the titles whilst his dad was layed in bed dying. no excuses from him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:53 am

eddyfightfan wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:

do you see me saying i'd knock any of murrays opponents out? and you'd hope they would win, seen as there professional boxers who make living out of doing it. and i dont think you could argue the fact murray was having the better of the fight in the early rounds and mitchell didn't know how to handle the pressure. he came back well, but for me both showed gaps in the armor that a true world level fighter would expose and take advantage of. im sorry if my opinion makes you feel sick, maybe you should get that checked out at the doctors.

theres no shame been a euro level fighter, it is a honour and a great acheivement but i have seem nothing from either of them to lead to me beleive they could beat rio's, gurrero, soto, varquez, jmm or any other of the top level fighters at the weight. neither does either of there records suggest this.

and true champions cannot let personal matters into the ring. klitchsho has just unifed the titles whilst his dad was layed in bed dying. no excuses from him.

Coxy - Guerrero took a break from boxing to look after her

The mind works diffrently and different things impact people. If I was asked what would effect me more - not seeing my kids or my dad in hospital dying it would be my kids 100 % of the time. Whether the can or can't take personal matters to the ring it doesnt work like that - they are human - human things will effect them no matter how you percieve they should be

My comment about Murrays oppenents was more so to the people now slating Murray because he lost to a more technical and to be fair more talented fighter - but as you said they are proffesional fighters and they would win which is another gripe I have is when the casual or an ardent fan calls a boxer a bum... and yes I do believe Mitchell handled the pressure - if he was taking a beating then I'd retract my statement but he was slipping n blocking and getting accurate shots off....

Hold on is that the same Vasquez who the few were calling a road sweeper journey man after he beat Prescott?? I would have Mitchell a favourite over him and soto - i would say JMM is way out of his league but would give him a decent chance against Rios and guerrero mainly due to their styles.

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:59 am

If his problems were that bad he shouldn't have taken the Katsidis fight, as soon as it was signed then no excuses can be made for being blown away the way he was, as a father I can safely say i'd far rather know that my little girl is safe despite not being able to see her than see my dad dying.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

Also just checked out Rios's and Vazquez records again and apart from 1 fighter on each that they have beaten (and the Rios win I'm referring to in Peterson was a DQ!) I dont see how their records are any better then Mitchell's whatsoever if we're going down the route of what records suggest....

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

Rios hasn't lost to someone like Katsidis has he which is the big difference, Antillon and Acosta combined with Peterson is far better than wins over Prescott and Murray with a loss to Katsidis.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If his problems were that bad he shouldn't have taken the Katsidis fight, as soon as it was signed then no excuses can be made for being blown away the way he was, as a father I can safely say i'd far rather know that my little girl is safe despite not being able to see her than see my dad dying.

Ghosty - The one thing I'm not sure on was did these problems start after the contract was signed? If they did then with a Propmotor as notorious as Fish Eyes do you think even if KM raised the issue with him he would've done cancelled it?

Secondly if theres one thing a boxer is - is they are proud warriors - do you not think he wouldve wanted to keep this as close to his chest as possible seeing as his kids were involved and even though he gave his excuse of arguements after the Katsidis fight it wasnt until the post fight interview against murray (seriously check it out) that he seems comfortable enough to speak about the depth of what the problem was...

Kids will have a bigger effect on a decent parent then any other thing you can think of so dying fathers (but in good care of a hospital) really doesnt compare

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:08 am

No1Jonesy wrote:The mind works diffrently and different things impact people. If I was asked what would effect me more - not seeing my kids or my dad in hospital dying it would be my kids 100 % of the time. Whether the can or can't take personal matters to the ring it doesnt work like that - they are human - human things will effect them no matter how you percieve they should be

What does someone's dad dying have to do with any of this, or have I missed a beat?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

Must say I'm a tad lost, also!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Sorry but that last sentence was a load of old rubbish

In short personal problems aren't an excuse for losing, he lost to Katsidis fair and square, I saw nothing in the fight to suggest the result would be any different in a rematch

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:11 am

Wladimir was brought up, who's dad was of course very ill in the build up to the Haye fight

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Sorry but that last sentence was a load of old rubbish

In short personal problems aren't an excuse for losing, he lost to Katsidis fair and square, I saw nothing in the fight to suggest the result would be any different in a rematch

Like I've already said, Katsidis didn't blame his brother's death for his JMM loss, nor did Buster Douglas's mother dying stop him beating peakprimeGOATFACT Tyson.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Wladimir was brought up, who's dad was of course very ill in the build up to the Haye fight

Ah. He's also recently split from Hayden Pantyhair too...poor little sausage him.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:13 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Rios hasn't lost to someone like Katsidis has he which is the big difference, Antillon and Acosta combined with Peterson is far better than wins over Prescott and Murray with a loss to Katsidis.

Somone like Katsidis? What on earth are you discussing boxing on this forum for if you refer to Katsidis as a boxer that anyone can beat?

The power Katsidis brings and the experience he has - there is no shame whatsoever in losing to this guy! Apart from JMM he has never been beaten comprehensively and even then JMM had some dodgy bits to get through! A bit of respect wouldnt go amiss. I would gladly back Kats to beat Antillon and Acosta - and give Rios some scary moments and who knows he may even take Rios out as Rios isnt exactly a back off defensive fighter is he???

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:16 am

Guerrero beat Katsidis comfortably, though how much wear and tear on the body of Katsidis had taken place by then remains open to interpretation.

Katsidis is a fringe world class contender, so there is indeed no shame in losing to him for the likes of Mitchell, but it is his response to that loss which will really show us what he is made of, and so far it has been a good one.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

No1Jonesy wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Rios hasn't lost to someone like Katsidis has he which is the big difference, Antillon and Acosta combined with Peterson is far better than wins over Prescott and Murray with a loss to Katsidis.

Somone like Katsidis? What on earth are you discussing boxing on this forum for if you refer to Katsidis as a boxer that anyone can beat?

The power Katsidis brings and the experience he has - there is no shame whatsoever in losing to this guy! Apart from JMM he has never been beaten comprehensively and even then JMM had some dodgy bits to get through! A bit of respect wouldnt go amiss. I would gladly back Kats to beat Antillon and Acosta - and give Rios some scary moments and who knows he may even take Rios out as Rios isnt exactly a back off defensive fighter is he???

Guerrero beat him quite comprehensively, didn't he?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

I respect Katsidis but he's not the kind of fighter a world class operator should be losing to, each and every time he's stepped up to world level he has lost against Casamayor, Diaz, Marquez and Guerrero, it's put it into some context the level that Mitchell is actually at. Antillon against Katsidis would be a real tear up, would be fun while it lasted but I wouldn't put money on the winner of it, this is where people jump on the bandwagon of one good win trying to make Katsidis out to be something he isn't.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

Jonesy, Katsidis is shot. Was competitive for the first few rounds against the notoriously slow starting Marquez before eating umpteen power shots, and then promptly got his head completely boxed by Guerrero to a near shutout decision.

And to say that "missing your kids" is above and beyond losing a parent is effing disgraceful. The main fact is that there is death involved.

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited out personal insult.)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

Yep - forgot about Guerrero

Ok before the Mitchell fight he hadn't and even still gave JMM some shaky moments after.

Either way even if Katsidis comes back and beats a champion to finally win a world belt - there would be no shame in that champion losing to Katsidis as Katsidis is a great fighter which is what I'm getting at

The Casamayor fight was brilliant and had Casamayor not dug deep he was onto a loss

Katsidis has gained respect through more then one win - no bandwagon needed

theres a difference to missing ya kids and not seeing them and not knowing when you are going too. Death is final - an absolute - nothing you can do about it nor change it - no fight you can make. so to deal with the death of a parent or ave a prolonged fight for the right to see your kids... I know whats going to effect me more

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I respect Katsidis but he's not the kind of fighter a world class operator should be losing to, each and every time he's stepped up to world level he has lost against Casamayor, Diaz, Marquez and Guerrero, it's put it into some context the level that Mitchell is actually at. Antillon against Katsidis would be a real tear up, would be fun while it lasted but I wouldn't put money on the winner of it, this is where people jump on the bandwagon of one good win trying to make Katsidis out to be something he isn't.

Katsidis is a great little fighter in the throwback mould, great value for money to watch and comes across as a genuinely nice guy outside the ring, with quite a lot of involvement with charity work. The consistency with which he's lost when he's stepped up though has pretty clearly defined the level he's at. Shame really, because he's one guy I'd like to see win a title.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

No1Jonesy wrote:...theres a difference to missing ya kids and not seeing them and not knowing when you are going too. Death is final - an absolute - nothing you can do about it nor change it - no fight you can make. so to deal with the death of a parent or ave a prolonged fight for the right to see your kids... I know whats going to effect me more - maybe you should go sterile yourself... mug

Out of interest, which of these two scenarios have you experienced first-hand?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

We can do without any more personal spats, fellas. Folks are working their butts off behind the scenes to up our profile, attract new members and garner the respect of some serious cyber heavyweights.

Their efforts deserve our restraint, so please argue the issues and refrain from the insults.

Thank you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

It's when people start calling Katsidis a great fighter that I have to draw the line, Juan Manuel Marquez is a great fighter, Michael Katsidis is a good fighter, nothing more nothing less. There's no shame in just being good but even a very good fighter would be beating Juan Diaz or that version of Casamayor.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:30 am

Coxy i am neither Ignorant nor an idiot you absolute fool - theres a difference to missing ya kids and not seeing them and not knowing when you are going too. Death is final - an absolute - nothing you can do about it nor change it - no fight you can make. so to deal with the death of a parent or ave a prolonged fight for the right to see your kids... I know whats going to effect me more - maybe you should go sterile yourself... mug

There we have it ladies and gents, Jonesy thinks missing your kids because they're with the mrs will have a much bigger effect than losing a parent.

You sir don't need to say anymore, quite honestly a ridiculous comment. You quite clearly have no experience of losing loved ones, because that is by quite a way a poorly conceived idea.

Losing a parent, having to cope with funeral arrangements, the fact that they've gone forever having brought you up vs arguing in the courts over custody because the person's wife left him.

Don't bother replying to me, you're beyond disdain.

Last edited by coxy0001 on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

Apologies Windy, your warning has been taken on board

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

Thanks, Ghosty. I appreciate it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

HumanWindmill wrote:We can do without any more personal spats, fellas. Folks are working their butts off behind the scenes to up our profile, attract new members and garner the respect of some serious cyber heavyweights.

Their efforts deserve our restraint, so please argue the issues and refrain from the insults.

Thank you.

Perhaps if certain fanboys weren't making such ludicrous excuses for a loss, going so far as to say that someone missing their kids ranks above the death, yes death, of a loved parent then there might not be such a backlash.

Making D4 seem rational with this irrational loving of Mitchell.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

Anyway so we can all agree that Rios would be a heavy favourite against Mitchell then?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:35 am

To be frank the whole subject of a death vs missing your kids is completely off topic and I fail to see what it has to do with this particular discussion. Consider that the end of it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

I think that is safe to assume, Ghosty, yes Wink

Anyway, rather than argue why don't we all go and have a go at the Khan vs Judah competition in the sticky section!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

That all sounds a bit homo-erotic Fists, may give it a miss

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

Could possibly have been worded in a slightly better way, so as not to appeal to the sick nature of many of our members, that's for sure!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next