The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Rees signs for Ospreys

3 posters

Go down

Joe Rees signs for Ospreys Empty Joe Rees signs for Ospreys

Post by Adam D Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

Tight-head prop Joe Rees has signed a three-year contract with the Ospreys.

The 20-year-old has penned his first professional contract having previously played for Mumbles and Tonmawr.

Rees was a member of Wales' squad at the Junior World Championship in Argentina last year and made his Ospreys debut last season.

"I couldn't be at a better place to develop. It's my home region and I'm really happy to have signed a contract," said Rees.

A graduate of the Ospreys Elite Youth Development Programme, Rees made his regional debut as a replacement against Leicester Tigers in the LV= Cup.

"I've had a little taste of it," added Rees. "I've been on the bench and got on a couple of times. It's been tough when I've been on the field, I've seen how high the standard is, but I've really enjoyed it.

"Just being involved with the senior squad is brilliant and hopefully this year with the World Cup, and a lot of our props likely to be away, I'll get another chance. That's what I'm aiming for."

source and link - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14173507.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Joe Rees signs for Ospreys Empty Re: Joe Rees signs for Ospreys

Post by Shifty Sat 16 Jul 2011, 2:38 pm

He's supposed to be quite promising, another prop off the Ospreys production line!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by welsh-matfield Sat 16 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

they have some promising young tightheads down ospreylia. Craig cross, Jo Ress and 18 year old Dan Suter will all however have to fight it out for the position with Cai Griffiths and new signing Aaron Jarvis. Not to mention Adam and Paul when back from new zealand and Duncan who can play there in an emergency.

welsh-matfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down