The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps?

+13
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
armchairwarrior
Imperial Ghosty
BALTIMORA
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Dass
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Young_Towzer
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Bluto1978
School Project
17 posters

Go down

Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps? Empty Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps?

Post by School Project Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Great fight,

Not the result I was hoping for... but how does this help Mitchells stock now? What are his next options?

It was said the winner of this could go on against Rios, how do you see Mitchell getting on with that one?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps? Empty Re: Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps?

Post by Bluto1978 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Classy little boxer. Impressed with courage also. Only question mark obviously is his frame of mind for big occasion. Cracking fight and impressed with that. Nice variety

Bluto1978

Back to top Go down

Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps? Empty Re: Is Mitchell BACK? What are his next steps?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm a huge mithell fan, and was sure he was going to kO Murray. However, rios is a class above both katsidis and murray and beats mithell 9 times out of 10.

Katsidis rematch is what Mitchell wants and I think he can win if he is focused 100%.

I would like to see him at SFW if there were bigger names as he looks small for a LW and rios is as big as they come

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I'm a huge mithell fan, and was sure he was going to kO Murray. However, rios is a class above both katsidis and murray and beats mithell 9 times out of 10.

Katsidis rematch is what Mitchell wants and I think he can win if he is focused 100%.

I would like to see him at SFW if there were bigger names as he looks small for a LW and rios is as big as they come

Not getting carried away, knew Kev if on it would smash Murray to bits, bring on the sluggish, slow, hyped and easy to hit foul mouthed Rios next, you think he's gonna walk through Mitchell's shots?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I'm a huge mithell fan, and was sure he was going to kO Murray. However, rios is a class above both katsidis and murray and beats mithell 9 times out of 10.

Not getting carried away, knew Kev if on it would smash Murray to bits, bring on the sluggish, slow, hyped and easy to hit foul mouthed Rios next, you think he's gonna walk through Mitchell's shots?

I was looking forward to Mitchell losing just to see what you would say. To be fair it was an excellent performance for Mitchell, Rios is a class above both imo, Murray caught Mitchell quite easily at times and Rios is a bigger hitter. He should look for the Kats re match he should beat him if he's truly World class he would.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:14 am

I'd fancy Rios to get Mitchell out there in the first half of the fight and even with a better frame of mind I still think Mitchell wont be able to keep Kats of him.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:14 am

prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I was looking forward to Mitchell losing just to see what you would say. To be fair it was an excellent performance for Mitchell, Rios is a class above both imo, Murray caught Mitchell quite easily at times and Rios is a bigger hitter. He should look for the Kats re match he should beat him if he's truly World class he would.

Cheers for hoping he'd get beat, a lot of what i say gets slated because i say it, Rios a class above Mitchell? not anywhere near as fast, nowhere near as skillful, not in the same league in terms of boxing ability. Mitchell proved he can brawl as well, nah stay away from Katsidis, why should Mitchell box Katsidis again who has NO title whatsoever, when Khan's excused for fighting Prescott who blew him away in much quicker and better fashion? mmmm. Rios next, earn some money and a title.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:17 am

Just won a nice few quid off my mate on Mitchell, well pleased. Was a tough fight to call but Murray was always there to be outboxed and an on song Mitchell was the man to do it. Murray coming forward in straight lines and fighting one dimensional, Mitchell using the ring well and throwing the quicker more accurate punches. The left hook and uppercut combo couldn't miss, sweet knock down and good stoppage. Kevin looked in excellent shape tonight and as someone who questioned his commitment I have to give him his dues and say he fought a great fight and taking murrays '0' is a big scalp. Not surprised to see murray lose to a technically more skilled fighter, it's been on the cards for a while - fitness and strength only get you so far, he has a pressure style but not the power and he's far too one dimensional and easy to hit, been saying it for 2 years.

Excellent night for Mitchell, fair play to him.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am

Congratulations to Mitchell. Towser, if nothing else a Katsidis rematch would seek to avenge his only loss.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am

Oh and by the way many who say Rios would destroy Mitchell are entitled to there views, i aren't getting carried away, i said the other day Mitchell boxes his head off the posts show that, @Sugar boy, i won £34 off £1 in 8th 33/1 and £190 off Mitchell 11/8

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:21 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Cheers for hoping he'd get beat, a lot of what i say gets slated because i say it, Rios a class above Mitchell? not anywhere near as fast, nowhere near as skillful, not in the same league in terms of boxing ability. Mitchell proved he can brawl as well, nah stay away from Katsidis, why should Mitchell box Katsidis again who has NO title whatsoever, when Khan's excused for fighting Prescott who blew him away in much quicker and better fashion? mmmm. Rios next, earn some money and a title.

I actually like him just wanted to see what you would say after the slating you have gave Murray in the past (which most of I agreed with). I think he should fight Kats because he has an excuse for his only defeat so their should be a hunger their to revenge it. Rios is a big strong boy and would be the toughest fight Kev could have at the weight imo. I would worry about how easy and often Murray caught him because Rios is a lot better than Murray.
Khan lost to Prescott because he is a cocky wee sh*t.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:27 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Oh and by the way many who say Rios would destroy Mitchell are entitled to there views, i aren't getting carried away, i said the other day Mitchell boxes his head off the posts show that, @Sugar boy, i won £34 off £1 in 8th 33/1 and £190 off Mitchell 11/8

I've chopped and changed my mind all week about this fight, the hard thing was not knowing what level Mitchell would be at after so long out. My mate said Murray would win in 4 rounds to which I said no chance, doesn't hit hard enough. In the end I decided to go with Mitchell and we bet £50 on it so a nice win for me.

Nice win Towzer that's a call call and a good return on a quid.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:31 am

Young_Towzer wrote:

In a word, yes. Although I think he can be hurt, I still dont think mitchell bangs hard enough to get him out of there. True, Mitchell destroyed murray, and Murray had a good chin, but Murray had been fighting nobodies and didn't like the power the Spanish roadsweeper brought. Rios has been in with Acosta, Antillon and petersen and was never really hurt. Rios is absolutely huge, has quicker hands than you give him credit for, has a granite chin, has relentless stamina and gets better as the rounds went on. Despite kevins brilliant performance, he was caught on the ropes far too often and got caught cleanly by the slower Murray.

Katsidis should be next as he is easier to beat imo, he isn't as skilled. Kevin NEEDS to focus from now on. I was so pleased Kevin won after the personal problems and criticisms. Mitchell needs to grow into the weight a little bit before taking on rios.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:37 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

In a word, yes. Although I think he can be hurt, I still dont think mitchell bangs hard enough to get him out of there. True, Mitchell destroyed murray, and Murray had a good chin, but Murray had been fighting nobodies and didn't like the power the Spanish roadsweeper brought. Rios has been in with Acosta, Antillon and petersen and was never really hurt. Rios is absolutely huge, has quicker hands than you give him credit for, has a granite chin, has relentless stamina and gets better as the rounds went on. Despite kevins brilliant performance, he was caught on the ropes far too often and got caught cleanly by the slower Murray.

Katsidis should be next as he is easier to beat imo, he isn't as skilled. Kevin NEEDS to focus from now on. I was so pleased Kevin won after the personal problems and criticisms. Mitchell needs to grow into the weight a little bit before taking on rios.

Kevin Mitchell is better than Antilon, Acosta, and Peterson. Rios isnt nearly as talented as Mitchell, that's my opinion, not even close.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:58 am

Rios is a world champion and deserves that tag with the level of fighters he's been facing, with the aforementioned names being better than anything Mitchell has beaten, your far too forthcoming with praise for him, was a good performance tonight but was in no way world class. Rios is a level or two above the likes of Mitchell or Katsidis, if Kats could take him out in double quick time then I see nothing to suggest that Rios wouldn't either.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:01 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Rios is a world champion and deserves that tag with the level of fighters he's been facing, with the aforementioned names being better than anything Mitchell has beaten, your far too forthcoming with praise for him, was a good performance tonight but was in no way world class. Rios is a level or two above the likes of Mitchell or Katsidis, if Kats could take him out in double quick time then I see nothing to suggest that Rios wouldn't either.

Murray caught Mitchell far to easy tonight but he lacks the power Rios had. If Mitchell fought like that against Rios he wouldn't have seen the halfway stage in the fight. After 5 rounds I had it 3 rounds to Murray and one to Mitchell and one split.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:02 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Rios is a world champion and deserves that tag with the level of fighters he's been facing, with the aforementioned names being better than anything Mitchell has beaten, your far too forthcoming with praise for him, was a good performance tonight but was in no way world class. Rios is a level or two above the likes of Mitchell or Katsidis, if Kats could take him out in double quick time then I see nothing to suggest that Rios wouldn't either.
Wasnt prepared against Katsidis, was tonight, Rios beat Acosta not the best fighter in the world and not an household name in his own house. I aren't debating with you anyway, plastic mod, goodbye.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:06 am

It's things like that some people ignore instead trying to enforce a point based purely on calling the fight right although it was far closer than suggested, Rios is a big strong lightweight with genuine power and is far better technically than Katsidis, would love to see another english world champion but not going to get carried away by a victory over Murray.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
Wasnt prepared against Katsidis, was tonight, Rios beat Acosta not the best fighter in the world and not an household name in his own house. I aren't debating with you anyway, plastic mod, goodbye.

Easy excuse to say he wasn't prepared, a profressional boxer should always be prepared especially in the biggest bout in his career so doesn't wash with me, he didn't get exposed by Katsidis but that fight showed how to beat Mitchell. They're aren't too many household names in the lightweight division fullstop so again don't see your point, it's I'M NOT rather than I AREN'T.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Easy excuse to say he wasn't prepared, a profressional boxer should always be prepared especially in the biggest bout in his career so doesn't wash with me, he didn't get exposed by Katsidis but that fight showed how to beat Mitchell. They're aren't too many household names in the lightweight division fullstop so again don't see your point, it's I'M NOT rather than I AREN'T.

What you reverting to an english lesson for, why aint u in a fantastic job, oh i forgot your not a brain box. I give you a boxing lesson in terms of predictions, i told you if Mitchell was prepared he'd smash him to bits and he did, then you said i'd have to 'squirm' when Murray won, get your head down, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Mitchell will smash Rios to bits as well, as i predicted BEFORE he beat Mitchell, fat, slow, sluggish, predictable, will play right into Mitchell's hands. I love the way Kev's slated for the Katsidis fight but he lost at world level, when Khan gets iced in a round off Prescott, then is excused a rematch, etc, Kev schools Prescott but is garbage alledgedly overnight haha absolute baffling.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:00 am

There was me thinking Degale destroyed Groves as well Smile think I called that spot on did I not unlike you tonight but go ahead and proclaim yourself a genius for backing someone in a two horse race

Prescott was never any good as his showing before Mitchell showed where he lost but do carry on with the petty personal insults if you so wish but will add i'm in a fantastic job hence my ability to construct a grammatically correct sentence. Being a fully qualified profressional music journalist is a pain in the butt.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 am

I post very little but I couldn't resist...

being a "profressional" music journalist you should know better.....however, you posted at 2am.... Rolling Eyes

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:58 am

That is a very good point, wine does terrible things to the brain

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

Towzer, I've told you before to cut it out, Ghosty simply gave his opinion (and one that is very factually correct, may I add), yet you feel the need to add this to the end of your post? Don't let me see it again.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Towzer, I've told you before to cut it out, Ghosty simply gave his opinion (and one that is very factually correct, may I add), yet you feel the need to add this to the end of your post? Don't let me see it again.

He had a big rant at me last week, and said he couldn't wait until i was 'squirming' didn't see a warning there. As i said, it's lovely proving someone wrong Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes, we all love to prove people wrong, but there was still no need for the end of your post. Gloat all you like, but keep it clean. Thanks.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:38 pm

How did the Gavin/Woodhouse fight go Towzer, as you predicted it, an easy win for Gavin? How about Degale destroying Groves, that came true as well didn't it?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Wasn't prepared against Katsidis!!!!

Why because he lost??.....Don't buy it..........old excuse..

However very very impressive performance against a guy I picked to win....Made Murray look ordinary with the angles he showed and the variety of shots that came in....

Poor old Murray had to keep it inside but couldn't and was pretty poor and obvious for most of the fight......

Mitchell's left uppercuts were terrific and busted the guy up... who was coming in on a straight line way too much...

Mitchell looks world class....Murray I overrated I think..

Domestic fighter..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Last night showed Mitchells limitations as much as it did Murray's. Murray has an inability to block/slip the left had, yet was still able to dominate Murray for large parts of certain rounds. Going into the 8th I had Murray 1 point up so it is hardly the masterclass some a proclaiming.

Katsidis beats him again and Rios also in similar fashion. Too easily bullied and against bigger punchers like the aforementioned he will get stopped. Murray had him in trouble and he is hardly a big hitter.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Thing is, when boxers lose they always have an excuse.

Haye had a bad toe, Mitchell had an argument with his MUMMY just before the fight, Hatton overtrained for Manny etc...

Do those who are swallowing the garbage excuse Mitchell is offering also believe Haye and Hatton. Double standards.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Yes, we all love to prove people wrong, but there was still no need for the end of your post. Gloat all you like, but keep it clean. Thanks.
There was imo, i always keep it clean and never swear, cheers.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Thing is, when boxers lose they always have an excuse.

Haye had a bad toe, Mitchell had an argument with his MUMMY just before the fight, Hatton overtrained for Manny etc...

Do those who are swallowing the garbage excuse Mitchell is offering also believe Haye and Hatton. Double standards.
You have something against Mitchell, i can't therefore take your opinion seriously, i don't like Haye but think he's a quality fighter, you hate Mitchell, so it's not fair for your opinion of him imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

You have something against Mitchell, i can't therefore take your opinion seriously, i don't like Haye but think he's a quality fighter, you hate Mitchell, so it's not fair for your opinion of him imo.

I have nothing against Mitchell, he provided good value for money. His personality is a touch annoying and I dont like the BS excuse he came out with for his performance against a better fighter.

Mitchells excuse of undertraining is about as valid as Hattons of overtraining. If you believe one you should believe the other. In reality both were sparked by better fighters who were a level above them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I have nothing against Mitchell, he provided good value for money. His personality is a touch annoying and I dont like the BS excuse he came out with for his performance against a better fighter.

Mitchells excuse of undertraining is about as valid as Hattons of overtraining. If you believe one you should believe the other. In reality both were sparked by better fighters who were a level above them.

I think you hate Mitchell, you lie about him, you said he quit against Katsidis, was a quitter and would quit against Murray, he gave Katsidis credit for beating him, i think he'd box Katsidis' head off if prepared, but wouldn't go near him, why should he, put this way, Katsidis is better than Prescott, he was stopped legit by Katsidis, Khan was destroyed by Prescott and is worldwide excused for not fighting Prescott again, so why should Mitchell fight Katsidis when he has nothing to gain from it.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I think you hate Mitchell, you lie about him, you said he quit against Katsidis, was a quitter and would quit against Murray, he gave Katsidis credit for beating him, i think he'd box Katsidis' head off if prepared, but wouldn't go near him, why should he, put this way, Katsidis is better than Prescott, he was stopped legit by Katsidis, Khan was destroyed by Prescott and is worldwide excused for not fighting Prescott again, so why should Mitchell fight Katsidis when he has nothing to gain from it.

You obviously didnt see Ringside. He said he had lost before the fight, just like Hatton did with Manny. Funny thing is they both never mentioned anything before the fight. Do you believe the Hatton excuse, and if not why is this different to the one Mitchell was using.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Khan has been beating people a few levels above Prescott since that defeat which is why facing him again is a bit of a non event, were he to have taken a step back and carried on facing binmen then that fight would be more viable.

Why wasn't a professional boxer prepared for the biggest fight of his career and if we're using that excuse do we let Haye off for losing to Wladimir because his broken will have hindered his preparation?

Someone having a difference of opinion to you does not mean they hate the fighter in question, seems a very easy thing to say in order to try and gain credibility for yourself.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Lumbering_Jack should know whether or not he hates Mitchell. He says he doesn't, and since it is a matter of personal opinion, then that should be that.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:I think you hate Mitchell, you lie about him, you said he quit against Katsidis, was a quitter and would quit against Murray, he gave Katsidis credit for beating him, i think he'd box Katsidis' head off if prepared, but wouldn't go near him, why should he, put this way, Katsidis is better than Prescott, he was stopped legit by Katsidis, Khan was destroyed by Prescott and is worldwide excused for not fighting Prescott again, so why should Mitchell fight Katsidis when he has nothing to gain from it.

What? That's a bit of a stretch to compare the two. Khan has moved up a level or two higher than Prescott since their bout. Mitchell hasn't moved to a level beyond Katsidis. Khan is a legitimate world champion, a big name and hence, Prescott offers him nothing now. Mitchell has no belt (just like Katsidis), isn't known outside of Britain and, so far, hasn't done any more than Katsidis has. Khan-Prescott isn't viable now, but Mitchell-Katsidis certainly is. I agree that Mitchell won't want a fight with Katsidis - but more because he won't fancy the job or risk, not because Katsidis is beneath him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Spot on Chris

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Katsidis would most likely walk right through Mitchell again.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:I think you hate Mitchell, you lie about him, you said he quit against Katsidis, was a quitter and would quit against Murray, he gave Katsidis credit for beating him, i think he'd box Katsidis' head off if prepared, but wouldn't go near him, why should he, put this way, Katsidis is better than Prescott, he was stopped legit by Katsidis, Khan was destroyed by Prescott and is worldwide excused for not fighting Prescott again, so why should Mitchell fight Katsidis when he has nothing to gain from it.

What? That's a bit of a stretch to compare the two. Khan has moved up a level or two higher than Prescott since their bout. Mitchell hasn't moved to a level beyond Katsidis. Khan is a legitimate world champion, a big name and hence, Prescott offers him nothing now. Mitchell has no belt (just like Katsidis), isn't known outside of Britain and, so far, hasn't done any more than Katsidis has. Khan-Prescott isn't viable now, but Mitchell-Katsidis certainly is. I agree that Mitchell won't want a fight with Katsidis - but more because he won't fancy the job or risk, not because Katsidis is beneath him.

No it's not a bit of a stretch, it's one rule for Khan and another for Mitchell, i didn't say Khan wasn't a world champ. I said which is spot on, if Khan's excused for fighting Prescott again after losing in much,much,much more devestating style, Kev doesn't have to fight Katsidis again. Does Khan not fighting Prescott again, 3 years after being obliterated mean 'He won't fancy the job'

Last edited by Young_Towzer on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

No it's not a bit of a stretch, it's one rule for Khan and another for Mitchell, i didn't say Khan wasn't a world champ. I said which is spot on, if Khan's excused for fighting Prescott again after losing in much,much,much more devestating style, Kev doesn't have to fight Katsidis again.

I can only think of two good reasons for Mitchell not to fight Katsidis.

1. He gets a straight shot at a world title.
2. He knows he will get sparked again due to the gulf in class between the two of them. No point going into a fight you know you will lose.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Katsidis is still a world level contender which Prescott never was and most probably never will be, it's a legitimate fight for Mitchell to take whereas it wasn't for Khan.

If Mitchell goes on to face fighters of the standard of Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, McCloskey and Judah one after another then it wont matter

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:15 pm

I think Khan's a knob, but he's earned his dues by beating Maidana, not to mention the other WORLD level names he's beaten. Mitchell has just beaten a guy most people say is Euro level at best. A Katsidis rematch offers Mitchell more than a Prescott one offered Khan. Simple. Unless of course he's...chicken.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Katsidis is still a world level contender which Prescott never was and most probably never will be, it's a legitimate fight for Mitchell to take whereas it wasn't for Khan.

If Mitchell goes on to face fighters of the standard of Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, McCloskey and Judah one after another then it wont matter

I think your making it 1 rule for Khan and another for Mitchell. Katsidis has no title and is fighting a tune up next, Mitchell should fight Rios, like i said before the Murray fight i think he beats him, too easy to hit Rios, Antillon hurt him and there's no way he's world class, not in a month of sundays, he's been hurt by average fighters. Mitchell's miles faster than him, has the power to knock him out and is a different class in terms of pure boxing ability to the slow American. Rios is teak tough and can definitely blow you away, but he is painfully slow.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:22 pm

I give credit to both men for giving it their all and showing plenty of heart.
However, I don't see this as anything other than a domestic scrap.

Murray just proved what his critics have always said; that he's game and rugged but also very ordinary and limited.

Mitchell was better but still looked easy to hit and very beatable.
A bigger puncher than Murray would have had him on jelly legs.

Mitchell against a world level opponent would most probably end up being a re-run of the Katsidis fight.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:28 pm

J.Benson II wrote:I give credit to both men for giving it their all and showing plenty of heart.
However, I don't see this as anything other than a domestic scrap.

Murray just proved what his critics have always said; that he's game and rugged but also very ordinary and limited.

Mitchell was better but still looked easy to hit and very beatable.
A bigger puncher than Murray would have had him on jelly legs.

Mitchell against a world level opponent would most probably end up being a re-run of the Katsidis fight.

Me too, Mitchell was a different class from the word go and dunno what fight the judges were watching the classier work came from Mitchell, Murray's bulldozer style caused Kevin problems but he took too many shots, however i give huge credit to Murray for his heart and commitment, enough from me on the fight anyway, lets see what happens next. Hopefully Rios, will be slated because it's me saying it, not interested though, Kevin will take him to school, and i'll put my money where my mouth is and back him.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Sounds a bit like Katsidis but we all know what happened there, Antillon isn't amazing but he does possess power, he was blown apart by Rios in the third who along with Marquez, Soto and Guerrero are the stand out performers in the lightweight division. Strange isn't that Mitchell is such an amazing fighter he couldn't do what Marquez, Diaz, Casamayor and Guerrero managed to do or were they fully prepared for Katsidis.

It's not one rule at all for Khan, he quickly progressed to a level far above Prescott so a fight was no longer viable, a fight against Katsidis is viable for Mitchell if he wishes to challenge for a title. Rios and Marquez will most likely fight soon which leaves Soto and Vasquez for Mitchell to face for a title neither of whom will have him on their radar.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Sounds a bit like Katsidis but we all know what happened there, Antillon isn't amazing but he does possess power, he was blown apart by Rios in the third who along with Marquez, Soto and Guerrero are the stand out performers in the lightweight division. Strange isn't that Mitchell is such an amazing fighter he couldn't do what Marquez, Diaz, Casamayor and Guerrero managed to do or were they fully prepared for Katsidis.

It's not one rule at all for Khan, he quickly progressed to a level far above Prescott so a fight was no longer viable, a fight against Katsidis is viable for Mitchell if he wishes to challenge for a title. Rios and Marquez will most likely fight soon which leaves Soto and Vasquez for Mitchell to face for a title neither of whom will have him on their radar.

Didn't Marquez start out lighter than Mitchell too, or am I mistaken there?

Towser, if Katsidis is on such a downward turn why doesn't Mitchell take him on, try to avenge that loss?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Well done mitchell, i favoured Murray basically diue to all the carnage in Mitchells personal life but happy to be wrong. I actually think he is too small to compete at highest levels of division tho, Murray rocked him and murray has no legit power at the weight and Kats blasted him out, but great fight, he is a talent

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down