The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Orders

5 posters

Go down

Team Orders Empty Team Orders

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 12:05

Bonjourno,

After a mass debate here I we have come to the conclusion that Red Bull could have avoided all of this silverstone-ignore-team-orders-gate scandal.

Christian Horner, team principle y Red Bull Racing, a company that prides itself on extreme racing, extreme sports, extreme extremeness and other such extremeties, decided to play safe and say, "Boys, enough is enough, I dont want you to race a break my cars because Helmet wont be happy lets stop being extreme and lets play safe.

He should of taken a look at the Ferrari book of orders and said down the radio the following infamous phrase: -

"Sebastian, Webber is faster than you."

Vettel, helps his team, his team mate and saves both of the cars from crashing into each other. The faster car goes into second place and everybody at Red Bull can celebrate being the 2 fastest cars behind alonso

I am thinking of having a hotline installed here at HQ where the teams can phone in with their in race problems on a race weekend and we will be able to solve a whole array of problems.

Do others agree with me about this would of been the correct thing to do with silverstone-ignore-team-orders-gate scandal?

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Team Orders Empty Re: Team Orders

Post by fantantonio Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 12:08

I Believe Mr Ciabatta is right seeing as team orders are now allowed this season then Red Bull had nothing to hide but to request Vettel let Webber through, although saying that I doubt Horner would have told Vettel the same thing had he been behind Webber.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 13:11

I agree 100% with you Alessandro. Red Bull have a lot to learn from Ferrari, the experts at race fixing.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 13:23

Yup. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was vettel behind webber, i bet horner wouldnt have told vettel to back off, and rightly so. But my point is horner would have treated vettel different to webber and allowed them to race, with the chance vettel would have got passed webber.

Damn you Horner, damn you!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 18 Jul 2011 - 14:46

Wow - a post from Alessandro that I almost completely agree with! Shocked

I think I need to go and lie down... Erm

@Critical Mass:
Thats what gets my goat. If it HAD been Vettel catching Webber in a clearly faster car, Horner would've let them race, or even told Webber to switch to fuel-saving mode or something, to ensure Seb got past.

Okay, team order are legal, but to do it at this stage of the season - especially when Vettel is already 3 race wins ahead of everyone else - is very poor judgement IMO.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down