The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderators!

+13
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
David Tails
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Union Cane
coxy0001
Imperial Ghosty
Adam D
RocketAce
ADMIN
oxring
D4thincarnation
John Bloody Wayne
Daz
17 posters

Go down

Moderators! Empty Moderators!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

At the request of Dazstarr if anyone would like to put forward someone as a potential moderator please do so here.

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Moderators! Empty Re: Moderators!

Post by Daz Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 am

Cheers mate.

Would love to put myself forward but don't have enough time to monitor the boards constantly.

Cheers
Dazstarr

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

tysonking if he comes over. quality poster

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Haha!!! Nice pick - failing that - davidemore, ceej, fight news, haye1.....

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Mon May 30, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:36 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Can I put my name forward.

I'm fair minded, believe in freedom in speech but know when a line is being crossed and disprove of debate turning into slanging matches.

By all means.

Anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:47 pm

D4 - if you're a moderator - promise to play nicely and not mod everything coxy says?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 pm

oxring wrote:D4 - if you're a moderator - promise to play nicely and not mod everything coxy says?

Whoever puts their name forward will be voted for by the posters. There seems to be a bit of a divide between you guys, and as this place is quite busy it will probably need 2 miods, therefore i would suggest 1 from each camp so to speak so there is a good, healthy balance.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

I'd have both of them tbh.

Both d4 and coxy have excellent boxing knowledge; and the only division between their camps is over Pacquiao - and the arguments are fun to watch.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm

oxring wrote:I'd have both of them tbh.

Both d4 and coxy have excellent boxing knowledge; and the only division between their camps is over Pacquiao - and the arguments are fun to watch.

Not sure who Coxy is?

Either way, whilst the moderators will be responsible for making this place run smoothly the admins will still keep an eye out and if moderators aren't sorting things out or being biased in anyway we will step in.

We want everyone to feel at home here and we want you guys to be happy with the chice of moderator, regardless of personal differences.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Can I just echo KB’s points there, when I made this forum initially it was to be a haven for myself and the guys I’d become internet friends with over the years on 606, I was disappointed that 606 was closing and thought that by creating something similar it could hopefully get most of the guys along which it did for our subsection (wrestling, don’t mock Wink )
I realised though that our subsection was just one of many and that there were probably several communities on 606, sure there were divisions amongst them, that’s the case in real life circles of friends, not everyone gets on, but for the most part people want to stay in touch and the BBC’s option of facebook & twitter as they seem to believe everyone prefers to use frankly isn’t work friendly.

Myself and the rest of the admin team (KIngBeer, Hobo and Enforcer at present) are on hand if needed but we don’t want to step on your toes, if you’d like any assistance with the forum or you have an idea don’t hesitate to let us know but we realise that you guys (or ladies) all know each other’s ways far better than we would.

We’re also looking at ways of cross promoting this site with others that are relevant, this is not to say we are going to start having adverts here, that’s a most definite no-no and was one of the first things I had removed when I started the site. But if you do use other sites that are relevant and would be interested in providing a link to here then it can improve our footfall and google rankings.

Cheers
Hero

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:12 pm

I put my name forward for moderating the snooker section and maybe other sections thumbsup

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Other relevant sites are eastsideboxing.com - the best news coverage really - and thering.tv

If there's a computing way of updating headlines from them on here - I for one would think that'd be good.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:20 pm

just to clarify so far - the nominees are:

Oxring
D4

If anyone else wants to put themselves forward, please post by the 6pm tomorrow when we will put up a poll.

Cheers

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:28 am

Would have to say that when the main person many of us feel needs to be moderated is D4 I don't think it's a good idea at all for him to be a moderator.

I recognise the name Oxring but can't say here nor there what he's like, i'd personally say it would be an idea to see who the people are that make the jump. If any of the older jump over they'd be my nomination

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 am

imperialghosty wrote:Would have to say that when the main person many of us feel needs to be moderated is D4 I don't think it's a good idea at all for him to be a moderator.

I recognise the name Oxring but can't say here nor there what he's like, i'd personally say it would be an idea to see who the people are that make the jump. If any of the older jump over they'd be my nomination

well everyone comes here with a fresh start/second chance. so with that in mind base your views on D4 on his work here

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 am

Sorry but it doesn't work like that, it's evident from his posting history already that he's up to his old tricks already
6 articles on Pacquiao and Mayweather already, is that really necessary?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:25 am

the simple solution is to either therefore vote for xoring or nominate yourself.

If the rest of the board feels that strongly about D4, then he wont win and oxring/you/another will win.

We will review all moderators regularly but as you have shown concern, we can review the decision and perdormance in two weeks after appointment. If you would like to nominate yourself or another member (as long as they are members before 6pm, please let me know.

As for the manny articles, no more should be added now unless they are covering new ground please.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:35 am

I have no issue with D4, the annoying thing is the guy does know his stuff
I'll put myself up for nomination then

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 am

imperialghosty wrote:I have no issue with D4, the annoying thing is the guy does know his stuff
I'll put myself up for nomination then

Sorted.

May i ask, should you and D4 be successful would you be able to work together?

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 am

We have no issues with eachother, just differ on opinion
I'm more concerned about who wont make the jump if he gets up to his new tricks

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 am

imperialghosty wrote:We have no issues with eachother, just differ on opinion
I'm more concerned about who wont make the jump if he gets up to his new tricks

But thats why we are here.

If you find threads that should be merged, point them out and we will take appropriate action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 am

I've posted an article on 606 just echoing what you've said, hope you don't mind

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 am

I'm sorry, but D4 got hounded off the original 606 for repetitive "Manny/Floyd" drivel. It'd be like giving a mental patient the keys to the drugs cabinet

I for one would be more than happy to have either oxring or imperial do it, i'm sure i wouldn't be alone in saying that if D4 is moderator then you'll find a large portion of 606 members simply going elsewhere.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 am

coxy0001 wrote:I'm sorry, but D4 got hounded off the original 606 for repetitive "Manny/Floyd" drivel. It'd be like giving a mental patient the keys to the drugs cabinet

I for one would be more than happy to have either oxring or imperial do it, i'm sure i wouldn't be alone in saying that if D4 is moderator then you'll find a large portion of 606 members simply going elsewhere.

Coxy,

Then nominate yourself or suggest someone?

I can't comment as to his previous issues with you 606ers but since D4 has been here he's created articles and not caused problems.

This isn't 606, here threads can be merged to reduce duplicate articles and there are rules in place regarding this. The moderators are here to oversee and take action when needed, we as Admins will step in as well and tidy up as we see fit.

Basically guys, this is your home if you want it to be, but we need to find a system that works, and i'm sure D4 wouldn't want posters not coming here, it means less input and banter. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 am

King Beer

As i said before, i'd be more than happy for either oxring or imperial to do it. Sadly i might not be around much for the forseeable future due to various health issues so won't be nominating myself anyway.

Ta

Coxy

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 am

The general consensus seems to be unfortunately that if D4 is up for moderation they don't want in

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 am

Here's an idea, if you see an article written by D4 then don't read it?

Its a system that has worked well for me in the past.

If he is granted 'mod' status though I will be wanting a refund, because as coxy said it would be like the loonies running the nuthouse.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 am

imperialghosty wrote:The general consensus seems to be unfortunately that if D4 is up for moderation they don't want in

Again, the choice of moderator is up to you guys. We won't make the decision unless we absolutely have to.

Oxring was the original choice, but we decided to open the floor to other people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:36 am

With all due respect I'm not sure D4 should be a moderator, he is polite and knows boxing but he has also shown himself to have a clear agenda on one of the most talked about subjects in boxing, not to mention a notorious reputation built up on BBC 606 over 2 years resulting in him having more than his fair share of critics and rivals. I dont have a problem with him, and I actually he would moderate in a fair way, but due to the reputation he has I dont think of lot of others would swallow having him as a mod, so for the sake of establishing this new forum I'm gonna vote for Imperial Ghosty.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 am

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Mon May 30, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm

So d4 are you going to stop with the constant pro Manny and Anti Mayweather propoganda then?
That's the main issue here, you could twist any article to do both these things

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:45 pm

imperialghosty wrote:So d4 are you going to stop with the constant pro Manny and Anti Mayweather propoganda then?

If that happened; Mods from other areas of the site or the Admin Team would step in. The ALERT A MODERATOR button notifies ALL Mod's and not just a specific one. So if any issues arise, they will be dealt with in the correct manner.

At the end of the day, the Boxing Moderator will be voted for by users of the boxing board. If you, or they, don't want D4 to be a Mod, then all they have to do is vote for someone else.

We want everyone to enjoy the site and having the right Moderators on board is a massive part of that.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

imperialghosty wrote:So d4 are you going to stop with the constant pro Manny and Anti Mayweather propoganda then?

Its a new board lads. Let bygones be bygones.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 pm

oxring wrote:

Its a new board lads. Let bygones be bygones.

I agree, clean slates, if issues arise, they will be dealt with properly. No wumming, no deleting comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm

I vote for oxring.

I would set myself on fire should D4 become a mod, and I really mean that.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GW40 Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I would vote for Oxring. I also think people need to give the forum a chance. The admin/mod guys have made it clear that if the boxing mod isn't doing the job properly then they will step in.

GW40

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Oxring, he is afterall, not D4.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm

I vote for D4. Fair's fair. He knows his stuff albeit wrong about Saint manny. After all, he said it himself; he wont delete threads, believes in free speach etc etc etc. Regardless of his skewered views on Manny/Floyd, he would make a good mod. Moreover its better to keep him in the house than outside spamming stuff.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that myself and the other admin team can see what posts etc mods delete so that if they were abusing their power it would be obvious.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Hero wrote:Just wanted to let you all know that myself and the other admin team can see what posts etc mods delete so that if they were abusing their power it would be obvious.

When does voting end and do we have nominees yet? You should create a poll and allow people to vote.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

I would like to put myself forward to being a moderator. I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and I would be fair and unbiased.

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 pm

wow, who has time to mod? do we all work 9-5?

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down