The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!!

5 posters

Go down

Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!! Empty Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:22 pm

Did mention before the Haye-Klits fight if Haye's purse was so substantial he might cut and run....maybe he did!!

Superfights with people coming to the end of their careers are dangerous...

Spinks weighed 215 and wasn't interested....The one last payday scenario has abounded several times which makes me worry about Manny vs Mayweather.....

After he gives Ortiz a lesson.. chances are a shared $60 million clash with Manny.....Helluva lot of dough and hey if it was me I'd want to spend it.....

Figure Haye and Spinks felt the same way as did Frank with his last 3.1 million!!

Like to think Floyd is different but maybe we should be careful..

What we ask for!!! Floyd may think like Benn and Cook probably did and...Spinks... that he deseerves a pay off..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!! Empty Re: Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!!

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

The Ortiz fight will be a real tester to see if Floyd is getting past it although I'm not sure he is. I genuinely don't think Floyd would fight if he was past it he is obsessed by his zero maybe even more so than the money!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!! Empty Re: Haye/Spinks - Be careful what supefight you ask for!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:50 pm

Hope you're right but $30 million is alot of dough and some greats like Spinks have wanted the money in my opinion rather than an enhanced legacy..

Chance Mayweather may think he'll never get his just due and sod it...

Happened before.....

most great superfights don't live up to the billing unless the guys are in their prime!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:53 pm

Your right although Floyd hasn't had a long punishing career. If Manny takes the tests and Floyd beats him then I don't think he would fight again. Their would be no one out their for him. Although the temptation of big money would probably be to much for him. Look at Mosley he must have known he had little or no chance against Pac.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:54 pm

Certainly fought like he believed that pretty boy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:57 pm

Sad to see with a guy like that but even the great Ali was guilty of it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:10 pm

Just hope Mosley goes away now...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:12 pm

Apparently not his manager was saying he will be back in the ring at the end of the year.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

Maybe they should have Jones jr, Holy and Mosley all on the same bill....

So the sickos can watch them all in one place and save travelling around..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:16 pm

Apparently Jones was saying he felt someone should retire I can't remember who it was though. I couldn't believe he said it when I read it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

Think he said it about Paul Williams Kev. Pots and kettles..

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

These guys are deluded aren't they...still think they've got it against the "heavy bag...."

Not realising it's an apt description of their present capabilities

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

Jimmythebullet wrote:Think he said it about Paul Williams Kev. Pots and kettles..

That was it. Cheers mate thumbsup
I'm tempted to agree with Roy on that one Williams may only be 29 but he's had a punishing career. But for Roy to say it was a shock. Shocked
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:41 pm

Funny you say he's had a punishing career but what about guys like Fullmer, Charles and Lamotta....

Amazing how the criteria has changed over the years as to what is punishing...

Williams is fresh by comparison.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:46 pm

He is but so is Morales and he is past it. Something in the water back then Truss some of those guys were superhuman in terms of the amount of punishment they could take.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

Speaking of fighters who are past it Malignaggi-Mayorga seem like they are going to fight. Both are talking it up on twitter. Apparently on the under card of FMJ-Ortiz.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:01 pm

Paulie seems to get payday after payday these days..

the guy stinks like a sewer..like maidana I just don't get why they are marketable????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:03 pm

Mayorga is twice the size of Paulie.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

You don't get why Maidana is marketable? It's his punch and aggression.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:05 pm

He's ordinary........lot's of fighters like him that didn't get big paydays like Greg Haugen etc...

Losing to Kotelnik, Khan and still marketable??? Don't get it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

Khan fight was a FOTY contender, he beat Ortiz in a good fight too, Kotelnik was close.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:12 pm

Beat Ortiz in a good fight???

The one where he quit because he didn't want to get his looks damaged..

Kotelnik was a no name who beat him....

But fairplay...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:14 pm

So you rate Khan, but not Maidana, Malignaggi or Kotelnik? What's he done then?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

I'm saying I can't believe Maidana is marketable...

Sure I rate Khan like Kotelnik he's beaten this glorified journeyman as well other guys..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

i sometimes wonder what spinks thinks when he looks back on the Tyson fight. Is he glad of the money or does he think, I had a great legacy but most people now remember me for looking truly terrified and capitulating pitifully in my final fight?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down