The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triple H should call off the tourney.....

+10
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
Buzzman
Enforcer
Beer
Crimey
Samo
Mr H
Kay Fabe
Brady12
14 posters

Go down

Triple H should call off the tourney..... Empty Triple H should call off the tourney.....

Post by Brady12 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:09 am

say Vince was wrong to sweep the importance of the title under carpet & just 'create' a new champion.... Challenge Cena & the likes to chase Punk all over the world to get back the title to WWE where it belongs even if it means showing up on ROH or New Japan, this may save the situation but I ain't holding my breathe.

I'm disappointed with the way Raw went following MITB. There's so much evidence of no long term booking plan, everything is done on the fly, I'd go as far as saying upto 2 weeks ago Super-Cena was due to go clean over Punk.... 4th of July Raw was so poor with & ilogical following Punks 'shoot' Cena firing stip? So Trips is the new chairman, what's happened to the Raw GM then? Another in a long list of storylines they've pulled the plug on without explaination. Nexus where've they been? Punk looked like he was on the wrong end of a Mason Ryan face push 6 weeks ago...Without logical storytelling no matter how many shoots or hot hometown crowds you insert into the script eventually the quality of the writting with fall down.

I'll be amazed if this ushers in a new attitude era muchless another 'wrestling boom'

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Triple H should call off the tourney..... Empty Re: Triple H should call off the tourney.....

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:06 am

RAW without Punk was always going to be a bum steer, add that to the fact MitB was always going to be impossible to live up to and I think its no big surprise RAW wasn't considered great, however in order for this to truly work Punk needs to stay away for X amount of weeks and have WWE guys kayfabe hunt him all over the World, it'd be brilliant if Punk would only appear in a WWE ring in Chicago, when he returns he could return with his own guys, Cabana, Kings of Wrestling and the Young Bucks, I'm not convinced we'll see a new champion next week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Triple H should call off the tourney..... Empty Re: Triple H should call off the tourney.....

Post by Brady12 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:12 am

the-gaffer wrote:RAW without Punk was always going to be a bum steer, add that to the fact MitB was always going to be impossible to live up to and I think its no big surprise RAW wasn't considered great, however in order for this to truly work Punk needs to stay away for X amount of weeks and have WWE guys kayfabe hunt him all over the World, it'd be brilliant if Punk would only appear in a WWE ring in Chicago, when he returns he could return with his own guys, Cabana, Kings of Wrestling and the Young Bucks, I'm not convinced we'll see a new champion next week

Love the Chicago idea & surrounding himself with his friends who ain't WWE employees would be great too... Let's hope they go with this... I think the could create the same mystic around Punk as WCW had on Sting when he made only occassional Nitro appearances in 97 by going down the Chicago only route...

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

I fully expect Triple H to open next weeks Raw with a promo. He can say whilst he respects the hell out of Vince, he has his own vision of how to take the company forward. He can say that Vince got soft and let Punk bully him, but Hunter wont stand for that and has a different approach and would like to invite Punk to Raw next week to talk face to face in the middle of the ring. I can imagine the promos now, Punk mocking Triple H before Hunter puts on his mad voice 'Do you know who i am', 'Yeah, your the guy who won 13 World Titles because your married to the bosses daughter, i know who you are'. Would love it for Punk to call him 'Paul' too.

Personally i think its a great move for Triple H to be put in that role. It freshens it up and is a masterstroke having the IWC darling CM Punk in a programme with the man the IWC love to hate, Triple H.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm

I would prefer if the tournament wasnt for the WWE Title, that takes away from Punk leaving with the championship. It should have been an interim title, like "RAW World Champion" or something.

If Miz or Mysterio win the WWE title next week then it takes away the whole impact of Punk supposedly leaving with the title.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:33 pm

I don't think it's that bad to be honest, it really sells the idea that Punk is NEVER coming back. If it was an interim title it would mean that CM Punk is obviously going to come back.

It's obvious it's not going to be as straight forward as Miz or Mysterio wins the tournament, wins the title and Punk leaving with the title is forgotton about.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

Yeah, but what happens to all the "Im taking this title to defend it in New Japan and ROH"? I know that wouldnt happen but it would be hard for him to do it if theres a new WWE champ. For me, it destroys the Illusion.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:38 pm

I don't think he's going to go and defend it in New Japan and RoH to be honest. I don't actually think that a new champion will be crowned, and if he is, it won't be long before Punk is back as the TRUE WWE Champion. I like Vince trying to crown a new champion, it's all adding to the story.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:39 pm

He didn't say he was going to, simply that he could.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:47 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if HHH somehow starts the tournament again saying that Cena should have been included. Or that the winner of Miz/Rey will face Cena (possibly at Summerslam) to become WWE Champion as a way to drag it out. This would allow Punk a month off to legitamise his walk out and then comeback and leave the ppv match as a no contest.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm

Triple H coming back in a chairman like role is a good thing. People need to be patient, not every week is going to have us marking out.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Triple H should cancel the tournament and declare his own hand-picked WWE champion is...Ric Flair...woooooooooo!

That or he wins himself and buries everyone till Cena or Punk gets back.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

Triple H is my all-time favourite - so can't wait to see what he does in the "Chairman" role. I loved the end of Raw.

I think the world title match will go ahead, but Nexus will invade and no-contest it. I think they'll keep Punk off screen for a while, but have Nexus prevent the crowning of a new champion every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

The segment at the end of Raw was great until Triple H blubbed 'I love you pops'.

I said it in a thread yesterday, but with Cena obviously being babyface and Punk definately no longer a heel, i dont see how Triple H can also play the face Chairman so surely he has to turn heel?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Vince is good at fake crying

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Surely if they do crown a new champ it can't be a replica belt? I personally think there won't be a new champ crowned.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

I agree Gaffer, the 'I love you pops' sounded so unnatural and forced. If he'd said something like 'your my kids grandfather, my wife's dad and I love you' it wouldn't have sounded so forced.

When HHH said 'You're not going to fire Cena' I was wiling him to say 'I am' and turn heel!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

I like the idea of some kind of interim champion being crowned who would then fight Punk for the right to be the true champion... while I think that the idea of a third champ long term is a bad one short term it could make an interesting storyline.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:31 pm

Enforcer wrote:I agree Gaffer, the 'I love you pops' sounded so unnatural and forced. If he'd said something like 'your my kids grandfather, my wife's dad and I love you' it wouldn't have sounded so forced.

When HHH said 'You're not going to fire Cena' I was wiling him to say 'I am' and turn heel!

You mean you agree with me, not Gaffer. Come on your an admin, read it properly! Dont confuse me for someone with no knowledge of wrestling.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

Mr H wrote:
Enforcer wrote:I agree Gaffer, the 'I love you pops' sounded so unnatural and forced. If he'd said something like 'your my kids grandfather, my wife's dad and I love you' it wouldn't have sounded so forced.

You mean you agree with me, not Gaffer. Come on your an admin, read it properly! Dont confuse me for someone with no knowledge of wrestling.

I feel for you, Mr H.

That's almost as bad as being called Pauline.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

Clarke James wrote:
Mr H wrote:

I feel for you, Mr H.

That's almost as bad as being called Pauline.

Its worse than being called Pauline. Hell its worse than being called Time 4 a Change.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

Apologies Mr H, not sure what I did there as Gaffer hadn't even posted the message before or after! And yes I was looking for an excuse!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

I cant belive that there are people who actually think the segment at the end of raw was 'real' It amazes me that people can be so gullible.

Vince Mcmahon has not retired, he hasnt been 'fired' and Paul levesque is not 'taking over'.

This is all a storyline and In my opinion when it is revealed Triple H will behind it all and maybe set up a match between the two.

Do you really think Vince is ready to retire?? Come on he will keep on going for a while yet

ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN wrote:I cant belive that there are people who actually think the segment at the end of raw was 'real' It amazes me that people can be so gullible.

Vince Mcmahon has not retired, he hasnt been 'fired' and Paul levesque is not 'taking over'.

This is all a storyline and In my opinion when it is revealed Triple H will behind it all and maybe set up a match between the two.

Do you really think Vince is ready to retire?? Come on he will keep on going for a while yet

Who said it was real?

I think everyone knows it's only in storyline

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN wrote:I cant belive that there are people who actually think the segment at the end of raw was 'real' It amazes me that people can be so gullible.

Who said it was real?

I think it was very clever - Vince is getting older and while he wouldn't want to relinquish control I suspect he wants to stop being involved on screen. Hence the Anonymous GM etc. This way he is relieved of duties and doesn't have to step in whenever there is somekind of kayfabe storyline that requires the Chairman to sort out.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

It's real to me, Goddammit.
🤦 Doh

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

Good call Josh.... At least there's now a guy who can step into the Mr McMahon character when needed, and take it into the ring.

I think a VKM match nowadays would be.... scary..... and stinky.

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

Electric Demon wrote:

Who said it was real?

You will be surprised a lot of people on the digital spy forum thought it was a legit segment and really thought the tears were real

ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down