The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light Welterweight Rankings

5 posters

Go down

Light Welterweight Rankings Empty Light Welterweight Rankings

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

Most have Khan and Bradley at 1 and 2 in the rankings and opinion varies as to who occupies top spot.

If Khan beats Judah, would he replace Bradley at no.1 in the eyes of those who [previously had him behind Bradley?

Personally I think Khan is already ahead of Bradley and have never been truly sold on him but wondering what the thoughts are of those who rate Bradley higher?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Light Welterweight Rankings Empty Re: Light Welterweight Rankings

Post by d260005p Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

Id say Bradley would become number 2 if Khan wins this weekend, which in effect would push Khan to the number one spot. I dont think Khan will unify against Bradley if he takes the IBF belt from Judah due to the negativity of the negotiations last time between the two where Bradley rejected the biggest deal he has ever had (80% of UK revenue plus all the perks ie gloves ring walk etc). Think he will fight Morales as he is a big name and still has it as proved against Maidana, and then move on to Kell Brook who may have a title. Then onto Mayweather or Pacman for a Ring Belt or P4P.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:17 am

if judah wins i think we will see a unifaction between bradley and judah and give the edge to bradley. however if khan wins and bradley still hasnt taken his next fight (and guarented big payday) then i dont think khan will wait around for him. if he has had his fight and is open to negotitions then i think the fight will happen, team khan are greedy and want every penny, and know a 4 belt unifaction will make a mint.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:19 am

eddyfightfan wrote:if judah wins i think we will see a unifaction between bradley and judah and give the edge to bradley. however if khan wins and bradley still hasnt taken his next fight (and guarented big payday) then i dont think khan will wait around for him. if he has had his fight and is open to negotitions then i think the fight will happen, team khan are greedy and want every penny, and know a 4 belt unifaction will make a mint.

Even though Khan offered a 60-40 split in Bradley favour and also offered him 80-20 in favour of his own UK PPV revenue, but you say Khan is greedy? Shocked

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

Bradley will wait around for a BIG NAME like Pac or Mayweather. Bigger payday. He is the greedy one, not Khan.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

d260005p wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:if judah wins i think we will see a unifaction between bradley and judah and give the edge to bradley. however if khan wins and bradley still hasnt taken his next fight (and guarented big payday) then i dont think khan will wait around for him. if he has had his fight and is open to negotitions then i think the fight will happen, team khan are greedy and want every penny, and know a 4 belt unifaction will make a mint.

Even though Khan offered a 60-40 split in Bradley favour and also offered him 80-20 in favour of his own UK PPV revenue, but you say Khan is greedy? Shocked

no i said team khan are greedy, not sure the 80/20 split on uk revenue is accutare but i meant team khan will want the fight that generates most money, hence will go for bradley.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:50 am

Yeh but it makes more sense to go for Morales or Brook as he would take a 6-40 split in HIS favour/Team Khan plus a lot more UK revenue. Morales would get more PPV buys in the UK as he is a bigger name then Tim Bradley. So therefore he/they will make more money avoiding Bradley. Khan only wanted Bradley to unify the division, he was going to get probably 1/2 of what he got against Maidana.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Shocking to think that if Khan fights a faded Morales way above his best weights, he'll most likely win and have both Barrera and Morales on his CV, not right!

I'm sure Khan went on record just recently saying he offered Bradley 50/50 on UK PPV money, which is still generous considering Bradley will generate zero of that money and there is no PPV money in the states for the fight.

IMO Bradley wants to get his guaranteed money for his next fight against an easy opponent and then earn another big payday against someone like Khan - good for business, poo for us!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

Just imagine if mass amounts of money were not involved in boxing? The fights we would get would be fab! No more crabby negotiations causing fight breadowns all because of a drug test or a 60-40 split for the champ etc. They should hold a policy of 50-50 every fight, whoever wins by KO gets 60-40.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

d260005p wrote:Bradley will wait around for a BIG NAME like Pac or Mayweather. Bigger payday. He is the greedy one, not Khan.

Whether Bradley will wait around or not is irrelevant. HE is not a big name, so why would pac or PBF bother? Bradley has a limited stateside following, doesn't do good ppv figures, stinks out arenas and offers a credible test to neither 'BIG NAME' boxer.

The Morales fight is slightly cringe-worthy but I he's still got some skills and will be a useful enough 'in-between' fight for Kahn before he gets Bradley in for a unification at the end of the year (or start of next maybe). I can't see Bradley making more money anywhere else other than in a ring with Amir (unless perhaps Ortiz gives Mayweather enough of a test to substantiate his rapidly growing profile and Bradley moves up to fight him instead).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
d260005p wrote:Bradley will wait around for a BIG NAME like Pac or Mayweather. Bigger payday. He is the greedy one, not Khan.

Whether Bradley will wait around or not is irrelevant. HE is not a big name, so why would pac or PBF bother? Bradley has a limited stateside following, doesn't do good ppv figures, stinks out arenas and offers a credible test to neither 'BIG NAME' boxer.

The Morales fight is slightly cringe-worthy but I he's still got some skills and will be a useful enough 'in-between' fight for Kahn before he gets Bradley in for a unification at the end of the year (or start of next maybe). I can't see Bradley making more money anywhere else other than in a ring with Amir (unless perhaps Ortiz gives Mayweather enough of a test to substantiate his rapidly growing profile and Bradley moves up to fight him instead).

True stuff. How do you think Ortiz will get on against Mayweather?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:45 pm

i think once bradleys had his "money in the bank fight" against a easy opponent and providing khan gets past judah, bradley will be the one offering khan out, as bradley will be aware that pac man etc wont touch him and between him and khan they will have cleared out the division, so for bradley to unify a division completely would up his profile and respect from the likes of pac man and co.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:45 pm

Think we are all being a bit harsh on Bradley, he came over here to win his title against Witter, took on Alexander in a unification and has dipped his toe at welter but all of a sudden he is avoiding Khan. From what I understand he is on a decent guarantee for his next fight irrespective so why take on the best in the division, might not be great for the fans but no fighter would do different. Furthermore lets be realistic about this, would Bradley be the first opponent Khan has tried to lowball money wise at the negotating table?

The fight will happen, have no doubt both want it but it is a risky fight for both, both will drive a tough bargain and it may take some getting done because the truth is neither is a massive PPV or draw at the gate stateside and with Khan on the outs with sky he perhaps does not offer guys the payday he likes to think he does.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

if bradley and khan dont meet and truely unify the division then i will hold khan and bradley equally responsible and both go down in my estimations. however i expect they will probably fight before or just after x-mas

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

Tend to agree Eddy, get the impression Khan really wants to unify and have to think with his age and frame his days making lightwelter are limited so have to think once Bradley has his next fight out of the way proper efforts will be made and it will happen

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:04 pm

hopefully, it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possiblity that if they do meet they could meet again for a rematch at 147lbs as well, especially if either of them can catch gold in that catagory.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

d260005p wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

True stuff. How do you think Ortiz will get on against Mayweather?

Mayweather by wide UD as Ortiz looks big and strong at the weight and PBF hasn't carried his power past 130 (brittle hands not helping). Not sure Ortiz has the jab to trouble Mayweather seriously but there'll be a few pressure moments, most likely early on where he'll look ok.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down