The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released

+11
manofgwent
sean.c
Bathite
Mickado
HongKongCherry
ScarletSpiderman
pete (buachaill on eirne)
dogtooth
Notch
red_stag
Draigoch
15 posters

Go down

Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released Empty Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released

Post by Draigoch Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Looks like the trailer for one of the new rugby games has been released

Have a gander..
Link

Here's the wiki page
wiki

Seems like it has all the licences we'd want and as a bonus it'll be called Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge outside of Oz and NZ. Hope it lives up to the name...

Last edited by Draigoch on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released Empty Re: Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released

Post by red_stag Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:28 pm

The graphics look better in the official World Cup game but I'd reckon this game will be the better purchase. Can't wait.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released Empty Re: Trailer for Official Rugby Challenge game released

Post by Notch Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

Split second of Ulster in there, see that? Wink

Looking good! The extra depth in terms of competitions and teams is massive for me.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

https://www.606v2.com/t6529-next-generation-rugby-games-for-ps3-and-xbox

merge threads?

the sidhe game does look much better but i will test both new games before i buy. if there is some very cleaver squad management with the hb game that might make it a bit more interesting
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:38 am

The game play in the HB game looks exactly the same as rugby 08 and that...I'm afraid is not good enough anymore

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

I have pre-ordered the official World Cup game (out 26th next month) as I can't find the Rugby Challenge one on Amazon yet. Any idea of a release date?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

Having the club teams certainly makes it far more appealing and is probably the only way my beloved Gloucester will win the HC in my lifetime!

I won't take credit for this, as on one of the Glaws forums a poster questionned whether it would be quite as good without Bill McLaren's commentary, he then reminded us of the fantastic quote:

Bill Mclaren- If he carries on playing like that he's going to end up in ward 7

Bill Beaumont- I hope not Bill, thats the maternity ward

Legendary! Very Happy
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

HKC - I read somewhere that there will be the odd 'digging like demented moles' and 'the forwards are moving up the feild like a bunch of sherman tanks' in honour the of the great man himself.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Having the club teams certainly makes it far more appealing and is probably the only way my beloved Gloucester will win the HC in my lifetime!

I won't take credit for this, as on one of the Glaws forums a poster questionned whether it would be quite as good without Bill McLaren's commentary, he then reminded us of the fantastic quote:

Bill Mclaren- If he carries on playing like that he's going to end up in ward 7

Bill Beaumont- I hope not Bill, thats the maternity ward

Legendary! Very Happy

Laugh ah, it's all flooding back to me now!

That game looks class!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

Borrowing away like a demented mole!

oh, he's getting away now!

Two of my absolute favourites. Was also when about cattle or cows as well im sure.

Probably the most satisfying word on their was 'garryowen' I used to do them just to hear him say it, regardless if i lost the ball or not!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:HKC - I read somewhere that there will be the odd 'digging like demented moles' and 'the forwards are moving up the feild like a bunch of sherman tanks' in honour the of the great man himself.
#

Whoops, totally beaten too it! Tanks not cows!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by sean.c Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

As far as I know this is also releasing on the 26th

sean.c

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:03 pm

"that one will come down with snow on it" classic game. Still playing it on my PS3.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Does any one know if it will be the tri-nations or 4/quad nations in it with argintina?
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

The Official Rugby World Cup game has most of the licenses for international sides, but Rugby Challenge has Australia and New Zealand.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

There's a couple of reviews of Rugby Challenge out: here and here
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

this looks like it will be the better of the 2 games coming out. must play both to bee sure but sidhe look to have got everything i want, almost (no official wales team Sad )

thisx looke really good.... from the second review link from kiwireddevil

You can create a player and put him in any team in any competition in world rugby and play a 13 year career mode with that team. You can choose just to play club rugby, just to play international rugby or you can play seasons that include both.

now i can play top level rugby, years after my knees gave out thumbsup
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

Looks like the cats flaps to me - is there an online option for the xbox? There must be surely?

I can see an opportunity for some tag swapping if there is..... maybe a rugby ladder for 606v2 members?

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:12 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:Looks like the cats flaps to me - is there an online option for the xbox? There must be surely?

I can see an opportunity for some tag swapping if there is..... maybe a rugby ladder for 606v2 members?

Hah, sounds fun. Yeah, there is online play for xbox and PS3. Seems pretty good; leaving before the match affects your ranking and you can see how many matches players have left in their statistics so it'll be easy to swerve the poor losers.

Not that that'll be a problem with me, I'd say they'll be sticking around to rub it in more than anything else.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:26 pm

I hate bailers who wont take their medicine so that should help.

You've got the years on your side Notch, players of my vintage often forget which button does what after a cut-scene.

If it's as good as it looks a 606v2 ladder could be a fair old craic.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:16 am

I'd watch out for mr.superclear if there's a 606 ladder boys! I'd be unstoppable I tells ye! I have exams up until the semi's of the world cup (I don't know the date - just know that they're up until the semi's Sad ) so I'll give ye a bit of time to get a head start Wink I'm sound like that

I downloaded the demo for the official game actually. It's complete muck but I still couldn't stop playing it on account of no rugby games for decades (slight exaggeration). I know it's on easy but side step and you're through every time and once you have a lineout on the 5m line throw to the front, then maul and you're over every time - same with scrum on the 5m. Just too easy - and they gave me a penalty try once they gave away ONE penalty close to the tryline (sounds like i've played it extensively already, doesn't it?). For the sake of that official game I hope it gets significantly harder when it's not on easy. I couldn't be bothered buying that tho - rugby challenge is where it's at come the RWC semi finals Cool

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down