The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya

+2
monty junior
The Galveston Giant
6 posters

Go down

Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya Empty Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Rangers have signed Hearts defender Lee Wallace on a five-year contract after he passed a medical.

The Ibrox club had a £1.5m bid for the 23-year-old Scotland international accepted after previous offers of £300,000 and £1m were rejected.

Meanwhile, American international Alejandro Bedoya has agreed to join Rangers, subject to a work permit.

The 24-year-old midfielder, currently with Swedish club Orebro, will arrive at Ibrox in January.

Hearts manager Jim Jefferies recently stated he would prefer Wallace to stay, even though he could leave for free when his contract expires next year.
Alejandro Bedoya Bedoya came to Glasgow to agree a pre-contract move to Rangers

Wallace has made 140 appearances since coming through Hearts' youth ranks.

However, injury has meant that he made only 10 of those club appearances last season despite having been made deputy to captain Marius Zaliukas by Jefferies.

Wallace suffered a cruciate ligament injury playing for Scotland, for whom he has five caps, against Liechtenstein in September and has played only seven times since returning to action in January.

Wallace is eligible to play in Rangers' upcoming Champions League qualifiers with Malmo.

Bedoya's move to Rangers is still some months away as Orebro are still in the middle of their league season.

Capped 13 times, Bedoya moved to Sweden from the American college system.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13875645.stm
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya Empty Re: Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya

Post by monty junior Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:17 am

When Bedoya joins in January, will he still be able to play in Europe? providing Rangers are still in it.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya Empty Re: Rangers seal deals for Lee Wallace & Alejandro Bedoya

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:23 am

monty junior wrote:When Bedoya joins in January, will he still be able to play in Europe? providing Rangers are still in it.
laughing

I don't think you need to worry about that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 am

monty junior wrote:When Bedoya joins in January, will he still be able to play in Europe? providing Rangers are still in it.

I think so, dont think the team he's with now are in it.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 pm

super_realist wrote:
laughing

I don't think you need to worry about that.

They were last season with a worse squad.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:44 pm

With a worse squad? You really think the squad has been improved?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 pm

I think by the end of the transfer window it will be, it certainly won't be any worse.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 pm

With a pensioner in defence (although he's still just probably good enough for the SPL), and Lee Wallace spending more time on the bench than on the pitch it's hard to argue they've strengthened much, and with Kenny Miller gone I'm not sure where they'll get their goals. Scumbag Lafferty is dreadful and people will know a bit better about Jelavic. Probably not any worse, but probably not much better. Sorry but I can't see them getting through CL playoff with the teams waiting there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:16 am

super_realist wrote:With a pensioner in defence (although he's still just probably good enough for the SPL), and Lee Wallace spending more time on the bench than on the pitch it's hard to argue they've strengthened much, and with Kenny Miller gone I'm not sure where they'll get their goals. Scumbag Lafferty is dreadful and people will know a bit better about Jelavic. Probably not any worse, but probably not much better. Sorry but I can't see them getting through CL playoff with the teams waiting there.

Kenny Miller hit the form of his life and he will never repeat it, i'm glad we haven't signed him again. Jelavic is quality, i'm not sure what more people are going to know about him, unless he's man marked what difference does it make? He's twice the player Miller is, before Miller's run of form he was rubbish.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 am

GG
I take it that Wallace will be a Scotland regular now!

Do you think that McCoist has undermined his teams confidence for todays game by saying that he is still searching for players?

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 pm

He needs players Doon, they were shocking today, lucky to come away with a draw. Either he played Ortiz on the wrong side today or he's a poor man's Beasley, his signings better be of a better quality.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

It was also clearly stated that Rangers needed serious signings at the end of last season if they were to retain their title, he hasn't done that, he was moaning that because of the early start to the season he couldn't do business with other teams but most of his targets were signed by English clubs. He was also on about 4 holidays and Neil Danns stated he couldn't wait on Rangers any longer, where was McCoist, on holiday, this season was going to be difficult due to the short break and the rebuilding that needed done, i wouldn't class players signing new deals as new signings, they needed freshening up and it hasn't happened, they talk about it enough though but seem intent on trying to steal fringe players for cut prices.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:04 pm

super_realist wrote:With a pensioner in defence (although he's still just probably good enough for the SPL), and Lee Wallace spending more time on the bench than on the pitch it's hard to argue they've strengthened much, and with Kenny Miller gone I'm not sure where they'll get their goals. Scumbag Lafferty is dreadful and people will know a bit better about Jelavic. Probably not any worse, but probably not much better. Sorry but I can't see them getting through CL playoff with the teams waiting there.

I doubt Weir will be any more than a benchwarmer this season with Goian set to sign. Fair enough about Miller, but he only scored once in Europe last season and Jelavic can actually play this season, thats a huge plus. I look forward to you eating your words about qualifying, the teams waiting in the playoff are from even worse leagues than ours.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I've already said that I think Rangers will edge the Malmo tie (although judging by yesterdays performance yesterday at Castle Greyskull you are maybe getting carried away), nor do I think the play off teams will be that much of a pushover, given how poorly Scottish teams have done recently in CL.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:13 pm

Poor result for us yesterday, we bossed the game for the best part of an hour.
A fantastic save from MacGregor allowed rangers to hang on.
Jefferies looks like he has a good squad now so splitting the Uglies may be possible.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:50 pm

monty junior wrote:
I doubt Weir will be any more than a benchwarmer this season with Goian set to sign. Fair enough about Miller, but he only scored once in Europe last season and Jelavic can actually play this season, thats a huge plus. I look forward to you eating your words about qualifying, the teams waiting in the playoff are from even worse leagues than ours.

Well Monty, I thought it would actually be the play off round where we'd see Rangers struggle badly but tonight they were absolutely woeful and were it not for McGregor would have been on their backsides without a hope.
I knew Malmo wouldn't be a pushover and so it proved to be, yet they are from a league even weaker than the ones which they might play if they somehow get through, . Typical Scottish arrogance to take them so lightly.
Of course they are only one down though it's an away goal, but if Rangers are that inept at home, I can't see them being able to do much better at the Swedbank.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:17 am

I'm starting to get a little worried, we were terrible tonight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:13 am

Like Neil Lennon last year, Ally McCoist is bound to have some eyebrow raising results, particularly early in his mamagerial career

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down