The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trips - the future is bright?

4 posters

Go down

Trips - the future is bright?  Empty Trips - the future is bright?

Post by ADMIN Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:32 am

http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-physically-impossible-for-me-to.html

Okay, so by now, you know I have a source close to a wrestler whose former ring name rhymes with Clamerican Bragon who's kinda plugged into things backstage in WWE. For reasons that I don't want to get him or BD in trouble, I can't name names. Obviously. I'm putting this disclaimer here because I don't want to be just like all the other "dirtsheets" who quote nebulous sources within the company when they report on these kinds of things. This is as much of a primary source as you're going to get.

Yeah, so Daniel Bryan won Money in the Bank, leading into an epic angle for tonight and, along with Sin Cara getting drug-suspended, lending credence to the idea that WWE was going to start pushing guys based on their non-drug-use. That's not so much the case. Up until two hours before the event was slated to begin, Wade Barrett was slated to take the briefcase. At the last minute, as the writers and agents are wont to do, they changed their minds, deciding that RED BELLY was over enough to garner "legit" title shots in the coming months.

Jamie Noble spoke up when the finish was being decided and suggested Bryan. Vince McMahon, showing the side of him that keeps barking at Michael Cole to run down AmDrag for his dorkiness, basically asked why he would make the small, pale nerd a contender? He then went on to boast that he could make Heath Slater a star by doing the same thing.

Bryan then got a big vote of confidence from Triple H, who said "Then why not do it for Bryan?" Vince backed down, and Bryan won.

Aside from being a classic example of the lack of preparedness and utter chaos in booking meetings and such, this gives me a very warm, fuzzy feeling about the future of WWE, at least from the creative side, with Trips in charge. It doesn't particularly surprise me that he'd rush to Bryan's side though. For one, Bryan got his start with Shawn Michaels. Two, Trips has been in the ring for almost twenty years.

So yeah my fellow nerds, I think it's time to put aside our grudge for Triple H for burying our favorites earlier. I think he's gonna turn out good.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Trips - the future is bright?  Empty Re: Trips - the future is bright?

Post by Crimey Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:39 am

I think Triple H is going to be better for the business than Vince McMahon, he's got a much better eye for the business and is much more in tune with today's world and fanbase than McMahon.

However I don't think we should get carried away with it, as there is still very little evidence that Haitch is all of these things that we want, and I'm sure he will still do things we don't like just like Vince.

I also found it funny that Heath Slater is as much as a joke to the creative team as he is to us! laughing

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

For me the one thing that Trip seems to understand is to fans of a certain demograph wrestling does matter and that the story being told in the ring matters just as much as a good promo .
Time will tell just how much pull he has in the long run as to what direction the company goes in , but for me theres room for t-shirt sellers and theres room for inring talent .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

I have been saying this for the past week since mitb, the fact HHH is the brains behind most of what is good in the wwe right now.

A question Hero this blog did you write it?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:09 pm

No it's not my work but a guy I've chatted to on twitter a few times, agree with a lot of stuff he says though, well worth checking out his other stuff.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

To be honest I try not to read to many of these as I try/like to go on my view and my view alone on how things may or may not be developing in the industry. At the end of the day its just another fan giving their view on things isn't it.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down