The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superleague License Announcements

3 posters

Go down

Superleague License Announcements Empty Superleague License Announcements

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:16 am

Grades achieved:

A=4
Hull
Leeds
Wolves
Wigan

B=5
Bradford
Catalan
Hudds
Hull KR
Saints

C=5
Cas Very Happy
Quins
Salford
Wakey
Widnes

Widnes = In
Crusaders = OUT!!

Back to top Go down

Superleague License Announcements Empty Re: Superleague License Announcements

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

Wakefield Trinity have survived in the Super League, after Crusaders withdrew their application at the last minute. The news is a massive surprise, and represents a huge blow to the Rugby Football League's plans to develop the sport in Wales.

The 14 teams included for 2012-14 seasons are: Bradford, Castleford, Catalan Dragons, Harlequins, Huddersfield, Hull FC, Hull KR, Leeds, Salford, St Helens, Wakefield Trinity, Warrington, Widnes, Wigan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/26/wakefield-super-league-licence-crusaders

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

Some choice word's taken from the twitter account of Keith Senior who was due to join the Crusaders in 2012. (Have censored the swear words as not entirely sure on the terms and conditions of this site).

"looks like I need to find myself a new job!"

and

"Crusaders have just f**ked me over what a b*st*rd joke, excuse my language I'm absolutely furious"

Not a happy chap, but understandable as I doubt he was made aware of their decision to withdraw the application when he signed with them.

Here's an article providing further information: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2018909/Senior-rages-Crusaders-X-rated-Twitter-rant-club-opt-pull-Super-League.html

Last edited by K-PX0110 on Tue 26 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link to article added)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 26 Jul 2011, 12:33 pm

Crusaders were definitely pushed into the league too early and this is what happens because of that. They need time to grow organically and not be pushed too soon.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Anyone able to give me an explanation of the grading? Seems strange that Hudd and Stains are below Leeds and Hull.

Apparently the Crusaders only decided to bite the bullet yesterday, so telling Senior 2 weeks ago would have been difficult! His contract is null and void and I don't see how they'd pay his wages anyway.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down