The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archerfield Links

+3
Del_Boy
McLaren
little_bit_of_draw
7 posters

Go down

Archerfield Links Empty Archerfield Links

Post by little_bit_of_draw Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi guys,
Ive just been very lucky and have been offered a free game at Archerfield on the Fidra Links and was just wondering if anyone here had played either course and what your impressions of the day were?
Due to play on the 3rd August and I'm just praying for some good weather!! Yahoo

little_bit_of_draw

Back to top Go down

Archerfield Links Empty Re: Archerfield Links

Post by McLaren Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:33 pm

If you need a partner then drop me a pm.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Haven't played Archersfield but will be playing it in October on a freebie so please let us know what it is like.

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:56 pm

My dad raved about this place after he played it last year, you are attended to like royalty from the minute you arrive, til the moment you leave... first class service and a first class course.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by cornwell74 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:07 pm

We have a corporate membership (paid from my budget!) and I've played there many times. The Fidra is probably the better of the two courses in terms of playability but they are both very good.

You can expect the staff to be excellent, the course in brilliant condition. The pro shop is not cheap. Hope for a mid-morning tee time so that you can have the absolutely superb breakfast before you head out, and an equally great lunch.

You will not fail to have a great time. All in all probably a better experience than the Renaissance which is on the same estate.

cornwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:42 pm

If I thing rightly, I drove round this place when I was up seeing my mum and dad a couple of years ago. They were building some cracking gaffs on the estate but it wasn't opened yet. Looked the real deal..

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by map1e23 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Played it many times, don't expect a true links course, looks and feels like a parkland course. Prefer North Berwick or Gullane.

map1e23

Back to top Go down

Post by little_bit_of_draw Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 am

Del_Boy youre in for a true golfing treat my friend.

the place is set up to give you everything you need in a golf experience, from the free to use pyramid of balls on the range and chipping green to the superior condition of the course, or the sumptious surrounding of the clubhouse - it is probably the best golfing day ive ever had!

the first 12 holes are parkland holes surrounded by tall, groomed pine trees and then you play the last 6 holes which are more links type holes. i personally thought the opening 12 holes were the best ive ever played in my life and the links holes werent bad either to be fair!

i played really well (which always helps) and was one over thru the turn. unfortunately i ended up shooting 8 over with a total hoop drop on the last 5 holes. Crying or Very sad

enjoy it!!!!

little_bit_of_draw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down