The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win?

+43
aucklandlaurie
Mr Bounce
nganboy
greybeard
welshjohn369
blackcanelion
Breadvan
InjuredYetAgain
flankertye
Taylorman
KiwiMatt
Irish Curry
whocares
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
B91212
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
HammerofThunor
Boston Exile
screamingaddabs
Boyne
Thomond
thebandwagonsociety
Sam
lostinwales
funnyExiledScot
mrsuperclear
Biltong
GunsGerms
TheGreyGhost
westisbest
robbo277
Full Credit
OzT
beshocked
Effervescing Elephant
GLove39
RuggerRadge2611
Luckless Pedestrian
Notch
ScarletSpiderman
red_stag
rodders
BATH_BTGOG
47 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap2%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap11%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap2%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap3%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap3%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap18%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 17 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap1%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap16%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 15 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap4%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap1%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap15%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 14 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap13%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap0%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap0%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_lcap5%If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 95

If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Empty If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win?

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

I'd like to see France Win if England fail
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Empty Re: If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win?

Post by rodders Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:22 pm

Although I always like to see the Scots do well I've gone for New Zealand.

They've been the standard setters in International rugby for as long as I can remember and there would be no more deserving winners. They've been totally dominant over the past couple of seasons so out of the "front runners" I'd like to see them lift the trophy, particularly after the christchurch earthquake but obviously it would be good to see some "underdog" teams do well.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win? Empty Re: If your team fails to win the RWC who would you like to see win?

Post by red_stag Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

New Zealand. Most definitely.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

I can't quite decide between France or Australia. Both are capable of playing fantastic rugby.

Anyway, I thought England was everyone's 2nd team Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

I voted for Samoa, as if Wales are dumped out I think that they will be the team to go through in Wales' place. That said I would be happy to see Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy or any of the PI Nations go on and do well. I also wouldn't mind if England did do well, provided that they played entertaining rugby (and their fans would be civilised about it afterwards).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

Argentina or Samoa. More Argentina, but it seems only my vote for the latter has gone through. Oh well.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:29 pm

I agree that it would be great to see New Zealand win the World Cup, but I'd love France to win it. In addition to what they've added to the World Cup since its inception, it would be so significant for a non-English-speaking country to win for the first time - it's a World Cup, after all.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:31 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I agree that it would be great to see New Zealand win the World Cup, but I'd love France to win it. In addition to what they've added to the World Cup since its inception, it would be so significant for a non-English-speaking country to win for the first time - it's a World Cup, after all.

Agreed. Okay- France, Argentina or Samoa. Hows that?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

I've decided to go for France.

I was in Paris in '98 on Bastille Day the day after France won the football world cup. That was a pretty special atmosphere. I think they would celebrate pretty hard again if they won the rugby equivalent!

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

What do you mean if? I'm a Scotland fan! Wales would be my second choice..... Welsh Born dad and all that.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

As a Scotland fan, if (or should I say when...) we get knocked out, I'll probably go back to supporting anyone but England...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

Nobody, if England don't win i'm going to repeatedly punch myself in the head until i forget that rugby even exists.

Oh all right then, Ireland. Would love to see Ireland win it.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

France.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Who would have thought France (also Ireland and Samoa) would be a more popular option to NZ?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Hey SafeAsMilk, I was in Corsica that year, and yip, what a great loonnnng party!!! And there was a meteor shower those night as well, great times.

But I voted for NZ if Oz can't win it, always got to look after our poor cousins across the ditch!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

Please don't let it be a 10 man side who lifts the trophy. I'm happy for whoever plays the most attractive rugby to win it.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

France. Best team never to have won the World Cup. Plus it would be nice for a Northern Hemisphere team to do it, what with the Southern Hemisphere having taken 5 of the 6 World Cups to date.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

Don't think France has the temperment to play 2 tough games one after the other, but true, when they're on song almost as attractive to watch as the wallabies when they're on song!!

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

Australia

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

Please don't let it be a team of mercenaries comprising nationals of 10 different nations, some of whom qualify only through exploiting qualification loopholes to the absolute reprehensible limits, who have arrogantly insisted on controversially wearing the colours of the host nation as a changed strip to avoid a non-existant colour clash, who's union have defied IRB and professional sporting ethics by betting on the outcome and hiding behind the thin veil of financial double-speak by declaring a "hedging of the financial position against losses incurred via variable performance related outlays".

Other than that. Failing an NZ win. May the second best side win.

Last edited by TheGreyGhost on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

robbo277 wrote:France. Best team never to have won the World Cup. Plus it would be nice for a Northern Hemisphere team to do it, what with the Southern Hemisphere having taken 5 of the 6 World Cups to date.

Who won the other one?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

Australia or France

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

GG, you always say that you only ever bring up residency issues when others have a go at New Zealand for iit. So far in this thread no one has done so. What is your reasoning this time fella or are you just a waste of time WUM?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

tch tch tch roddersm.. that's wumming!!!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

roddersm wrote:
robbo277 wrote:France. Best team never to have won the World Cup. Plus it would be nice for a Northern Hemisphere team to do it, what with the Southern Hemisphere having taken 5 of the 6 World Cups to date.

Who won the other one?

A team of mercenaries comprising nationals of 10 different nations, some of whom qualify only through exploiting qualification loopholes to the absolute reprehensible limits, who have arrogantly insisted on controversially wearing the colours of the host nation as a changed strip to avoid a non-existant colour clash, who's union have defied IRB and professional sporting ethics by betting on the outcome and hiding behind the thin veil of financial double-speak by declaring a "hedging of the financial position against losses incurred via variable performance related outlays".

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:GG, you always say that you only ever bring up residency issues when others have a go at New Zealand for iit. So far in this thread no one has done so. What is your reasoning this time fella or are you just a waste of time WUM?

Can you please stay on topic and discuss who you'd like to see win and why? and not try to start another one of these personal attacks...thanks.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

OzT wrote:tch tch tch roddersm.. that's wumming!!!!

Laugh Sorry couldn't resist. It's just I hadn't heard it mentioned in while.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

I'd love to see France win it if Wales don't. They've always been my 2nd favourite team.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread, behave yourselves please....

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

I vote all blacks, they are my second favorite team.

Oh, and they deserve it, has been the best for yonks.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

They're my 2nd favorite team too, but I'd find it slightly funny if they fail to win it.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

The All Blacks definitely deserve to win for all they've given the rugby world since 1987 and yet still haven't won the thing. However, they're so utterly dominant in general, and I like to see an underdog win, so I went for France (strange to call them an underdog). They play brilliantly and you really can't help but admire them when they play to their full potential (although with a coach to rival PDV in terms of insanity, I wouldn't be too hopeful of their chances). I'd be very happy for any NH side to win it though and I wouldn't mind Argentina either (despite the rugby they play) or a PI nation (as unrealistic as that would be).

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:38 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:They're my 2nd favorite team too, but I'd find it slightly funny if they fail to win it.

I'd find it hilarious.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

I'd like another NH side to lift the trophy, especially as it's being hosted on such hostile territory.

I tend to support the Irish as a second side so I'd go for them, even if it would mean 606v2 becoming overwhelmed with unbearable smugness.

I couldn't bear the thought of either Lievremont or P Divvy being World Cup winning coaches, so for that reason I don't want either France or the Boks to prosper.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

I suppose you as long as it masks your own sides inadequacy you'll continue to enjoy it.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

I'd leave this site if Ireland won it.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

Well besides the kiwis which I voted for, I would like Scotland to go on.

They seem to try so hard,, but with very limited resources, almost on par I would say with the PI nations or Oz, but they seldom give it less then their best.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I couldn't bear the thought of either Lievremont or P Divvy being World Cup winning coaches, so for that reason I don't want either France or the Boks to prosper.

Gee, that is a little insensitive, there are 43 million or so south Africans to think about.

You have just hurt my feelings. Sad Crying or Very sad

boxing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:I suppose you as long as it masks your own sides inadequacy you'll continue to enjoy it.

Can you please stay on topic and discuss who you'd like to see win and why? and not try to start another one of these personal attacks...thanks.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:I'd leave this site if Ireland won it.

I used to think the Welsh fans on 606 were smug but some of the Irish boys on here have taken it to new heights.

I admit we have a few nutters amongst us but, to be fair, "new heights"? Come on now Bath, those old Welsh lads on the original 606 set a standard that can never be replicated. Whistle

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

"Gee, that is a little insensitive, there are 43 million or so south Africans to think about."...

And it seems 40 million of them live in Wimbledonfontein or Earlsfield in London!!! Oh that's London UK!! LOL!

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

Personally I love it when England lose. I laugh heartily and long into the night. I particularly liked it when they lost to South Africa in the last RWC, twice. Especially that pool game where they were completely down trousered and made to look like an emerging minnow nation taking a hiding from an established power. How I chortled. All that money, all those players, and still held to a scoreless drubbing. On the biggest stage of all. It was hilarious stuff. They're developing a bit of a record for receiving spankings at the RWC. The RFU media relations department really must work overtime to try to spin the myth that they have some kind of RWC pedigree.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

Refers to removed post. Please ignore.

Last edited by roddersm on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Refers to removed post. Please ignore.)
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

mrsuperclear Its getting very close.

The sooner the Mods bring in sub categories the better, I'm fed up with reading about Ireland, It's not like they're even that good these days.

GG good for you, thats why England always do well in WC's as we thrive on the fact that the rest of the world hates us.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

seriously guys, pack in the squabbling, otherwise posts are going to be removed

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:59 pm

Rugbydreamer why don't you set up a 'I hate England section!'
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

I'm not in charge of setting up sections

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

The sad sad thing is that as an Englishman living in exile across the Severn I sort of get where GG is coming from. In contrast I would say that I do like a few of the Welsh team - just not that many...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

Roll on the world cup. Can't wait til the effing things over. Perhaps we can get back to some sort of normality on here. All this bitching is doing my nut in.

Might have to forego the delights of 606v2 and do some work till it's all over.

Probably not though...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Ah I agree with you on the sub categories Bath but I don't think we're really blowing our trumpet on here that excessively at all (bar one or two bad eggs). I think you just see so many Irish articles on the site because there are, and I have no idea why, much more Irish posters on here than any other nationality. But, yeah, hopefully the sub categories will make your experience on here a little better if they ever bring them in. On whether we're really that good, we'll see very soon how good or not we are boss Wink Cannot wait to find out either way Very Happy

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

Samoa - very good players, however not the greatest setup regarding regularly playing together and training - winning the world cup would definately kick start this I feel.

If not Ireland, I feel they have the quality to win in, the backrow especially can compete with the likes of New Zealand.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next