The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc)

+17
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Boyne
beshocked
Effervescing Elephant
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
RuggerRadge2611
welshjohn369
Patron
TheGreyGhost
greybeard
mckay1402
Notch
OzT
Rugby_Assessor
red_stag
Portnoy
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc) - Page 2 Empty Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc)

Post by Portnoy Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well I'm not a card-carrying member of the ABW brigade, but I have to admit to being sympathetic - a camp follower.

Blame my youth. As I was growing up, it was always the bleedin' Welsh clubs and sides that constantly peed on my parade. That wouldn't have mattered so much until I had to suffer the frequent jibes from Welsh work colleagues (being English, they had to seek me out out as the minority rugby fan). Plus in those days they used to boo the National Anthem and so I caught the ABx bug. But thankfully a mild strain. But once infected, I'm not sure that there's an antidote.

Curiously however I am usually accused of being Anti-Irish (a country I love, but talk straight about). I've also been accused of being anti-Scots and anti-English.

It's not that I don't like Wales. But there's a worm in my brain that just makes me want to support the opposition.

Except if they are playing Australia -in which case I am totally neutral (but my second love is cricket)...

Last edited by Portnoy on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc)

Post by Breadvan Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Sod the sentiments, Stereophonics are one of the worst bands that ever, ever recorded music.

I hear that. Worst band...ever!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone but Wales (or England, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Oz, Saffer etc. etc)

Post by OzT Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Cause I guess for the average Joe, classical covers from Medieval, Baroque to Renaissance to Romantic era, all in between, from a quartet to full symphony orchestra and all other bits in between, each of course very different.

So maybe classical in quotes means non contempory music? What say PenfroPete??

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:06 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:

What's your favourite Opera?

Neigh bours

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 30 Jul 2011, 7:15 am

viewtothegym wrote:Anybody except England plain and simple

You didn't post 'smashed in the scrum' view?????
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat 30 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

OzT wrote:Cause I guess for the average Joe, classical covers from Medieval, Baroque to Renaissance to Romantic era, all in between, from a quartet to full symphony orchestra and all other bits in between, each of course very different.

Pretty much covered it their Ozt thumbsup

Favourite Opera ? Pagliacci by Leoncavallo
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 30 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

PenfroPete wrote:
OzT wrote:Cause I guess for the average Joe, classical covers from Medieval, Baroque to Renaissance to Romantic era, all in between, from a quartet to full symphony orchestra and all other bits in between, each of course very different.

Pretty much covered it their Ozt thumbsup

Favourite Opera ? Pagliacci by Leoncavallo

Don't forget onto Modernism, and the vast array of new stylistic leanings in the 20th Century- Minimalism, the 'Experimental' tradition, musique concrete and electroacoustic music and on we goooo... Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2