The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over

+3
laverfan
lydian
polished_man
7 posters

Go down

WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over Empty WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over

Post by polished_man Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

Merion Bartoli has made again the headlines, claiming that a little voice who troubled her in the past has now ceased to be a major concern. The flamboyant Frenchwoman added that the voice told her she wasn't belonging to the very top. She is now confident that ,with the voice no longer troubling her, the chances to win a grand slam are greatly improved. She conceded that " between thinking you can do it and actually doing it, there is also a gap" showing great clarity of thought. Was that same compelling voice who ordered to kick her dad off court??

Last edited by polished_man on Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over Empty Re: WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over

Post by lydian Sat 30 Jul 2011, 1:26 pm

Little voices, sounds like schizophrenia...
Bizarre.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over Empty Re: WTA Watch -Bartoli: little voice is over

Post by laverfan Sat 30 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

lydian wrote:Little voices, sounds like schizophrenia...

It is much more mundane than that... Wink

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/30/us-tennis-stanford-bartoli-interview-idUSTRE76T0M620110730

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

I love Bartoli, with all her quirks and eccentricisms, just what WTA needs: a woman among the girls!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 30 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

I shall always remember Marion replying to a press question

as to why she didn't get a lot of media coverage

"I'm not Blonde Enough" she said followed by a wink !

Great Girl ! Love her fighting spirit !!!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 30 Jul 2011, 7:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I love Bartoli, with all her quirks and eccentricisms, just what WTA needs: a woman among the girls!

I love Bartoli too, all the way, but I am not sure I would like to be her boyfriend ( or her dad) ..........
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

polished_man wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I love Bartoli, with all her quirks and eccentricisms, just what WTA needs: a woman among the girls!

I love Bartoli too, all the way, but I am not sure I would like to be her boyfriend ( or her dad) ..........

Are you kidding polished man crazy girls are great in bed.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:21 pm

LOL Yes Socal I know but this one may be a bridge too far, have you ever heard about Lorena Bobbit down there?? Smile
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

There is a new version of Lorena close to Socal. Her name is Catherine Kieu Becker aka the 'garbage disposal' woman. laughing

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

Yeah, of course you want crazy in moderation, not that kind of crazy. Bartoli seems like she has got the right kind of crazy. Sharp objects is where I draw the line in terms of appropriate craziness.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

Boys, have a cold shower laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

Thanks Nitb, lol. I know we will try to think of the tennis first.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:55 pm

socal1976 wrote:Yeah, of course you want crazy in moderation, not that kind of crazy. Bartoli seems like she has got the right kind of crazy. Sharp objects is where I draw the line in terms of appropriate craziness.

Socal: full agreement on that, no sharp objects and well cut nails would also be of help....... Laugh

By the by: you seem to know whole lot on the matter, why don't you start a pub thread solely dedicated on.......
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:10 am

My thoughts!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sun 31 Jul 2011, 11:43 am

Yes, but now that Wozniacki is dating McIlroy she will be woman soon Wink
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

Wozniacki is really cute, I like her smile and she is kind of quirky and blonde at the same time. Not generally a big fan of the WTA but have a great deal of respect for Woz, bartoli, and sharapova, Stosur as well. Interesting personalities and at least these gals take fitness and the tour seriously unlike the williams sisters.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

Woz is lovely isn't she? This time I'd be willing to be her boyfriend even if she lack in craziness.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

In the meantime: Lisicky mercilessly hammered down by a re-born Serena.

Now it's Merion Bartoli with the hard task , never see her jumping so much before, it's too cruel I just can't watch!! Run
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:50 pm

Serena is still the best player in tennis if she actually cared much about the sport, very sad, easily the biggest underachiever in the history of the men's and women's game. A clear goat of all goats in the women's game if she had half the love of the game and discipline of graf or martina. Funny serena is probably the only player who has won double digit slams and you can say that she is a huge underachiever.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sun 31 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

socal1976 wrote:Serena is still the best player in tennis if she actually cared much about the sport, very sad, easily the biggest underachiever in the history of the men's and women's game. A clear goat of all goats in the women's game if she had half the love of the game and discipline of graf or martina. Funny serena is probably the only player who has won double digit slams and you can say that she is a huge underachiever.

Serena: not one of my favourite but she's a big gun, nobody can deny.

Bartoli: not sure little voice yet completely over. Got the impression that at 5-4 there was a whole talk show going on out there Erm
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down