The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing red gone from TNA

+3
Crimey
Marky
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

Amazing red gone from TNA Empty Amazing red gone from TNA

Post by Fernando Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

The Amazing Red posted the following on Twitter:

"Hey Guyz, I just wanted to let Ya kno 1st...TNA & I parted ways do to the "creative has nothing for you" line, so we r gonna future endeavor each other right now. Thanks to my @ImpactWrestling famo & fans... Now "On to the Next one" (Jay-Z)."

source: nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Amazing red gone from TNA Empty Re: Amazing red gone from TNA

Post by Marky Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:52 am

Amazing Red to ROH?

Very unlikely he'll end up in WWE, although he'd put Sin Cara to shame.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:58 am

TNA need to get some focus I think.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:07 pm

For all the in-ring talent the guy has, I don't think it's a huge loss. Sure, he personified X-Division and is pretty much written into TNA legend by now but he had no charisma, was awful on the mic and, even for a small group of wrestlers, had a terrible look. I see him doing really well on the Indys though.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

It goes back to the debate on a previous article. Would you rather see:

A great match with poor storyline build up

OR

An OK match with a good storyline build up

It seems as though many of the X Division competitors fit into the former category, though is this the type of entertainment that people want? A spot filled match may have a place on the card though for a promotion to succeed long term I don't think this is enough and so while it is nice that there is an X Division, it certainly should be a firmly mid-card thing if TNA is to develop into a reputable promotion.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:20 pm

I agree with you to an extent, MOST x-div guys should be mid-card, but two points to me stand out. 1, the hardcore fanbase remembers the Asylum days where the x-div was seen by most as more prestigious than the NWA title (which was being fought over by guys like JJ and Raven) and 2, matches like AJ v Daniels, MCMG v pretty much anyone, x-div underdog v much bigger world champ (I'm not talking Abyss v Kendrick here) could be main events absolutely anywhere in the world, it seems a bit ridiculous not to showcase the x-div in a company that built it's entire reputation and about 6 years around it.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

Good in-ring ability but apart from that he doesn't offer anything. He could make it in the wwe,id have him attack sin cara and start a feud with him.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

JoshSansom wrote:It goes back to the debate on a previous article. Would you rather see:

A great match with poor storyline build up

OR

An OK match with a good storyline build up

It seems as though many of the X Division competitors fit into the former category, though is this the type of entertainment that people want? A spot filled match may have a place on the card though for a promotion to succeed long term I don't think this is enough and so while it is nice that there is an X Division, it certainly should be a firmly mid-card thing if TNA is to develop into a reputable promotion.

It's a good point, but I would point out that good matches and good storylines aren't mutually exclusive. The problem with the X Division and high flyers in general is that writers don't bother to give them good material because they know the wrestlers can be relied on to produce an exciting match.

Imagine how good the X Division would be if the wrestlers were treated as major stars with defined characters and "normal" storylines, rather than just a bunch of interchangeable spot monkeys!

To be fair to TNA, they seem to be taking this on board a little recently, and hopefully that will continue, but I think Amazing Red could have been a big part of the division as a natural underdog.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

Davies,

I get what you mean though the classic X Division competitors of old have used it as a springboard to competing for the World Title... after all a promotion is a little mixed up if the World Championship isn't the most prestigious title in the organisation!

I know what you mean about them not being mutually exclusive, however, it is also fair to say that with many of the guys they have in there they are fairly interchangeable. Yes the AA/Shelley/Kendrick storyline is of interest and is showcasing things, but how many of the others have the mic skills to carry a storyline and should bonafide main eveners like AJ be competing in the X Division now?

There is also the issue of the amount of time that can be given to the X Division and other story lines. TNA have one slot per week, or four in the build up to each PPV. They have really pushed the women's division, which they should be commended on, they have a World Title feud to set up, story lines for their blue ribband competitors like AJ to do and they are trying to push the BFG Series because they want to have a thread leading up to their biggest PPV of the year.

Given all this there isn't a huge amount of time for the X Division. Now whether you say that they should run more shows or some Internet only ones to give time for build ups really isn't my call, but given what they are trying to do, and that they don't want to be accused of rehashing the same X Division story lines from the last six years, they need to try different things and throw a different focus on things.

The big thing for the X Division competitors is that they need to show TNA management that they must have more air time. If the current storyline plays out well then they will be likely to be given a larger slot for things - though this is related to how they perform. The good thing for their perspective (providing it is booked well) is that there are a number of different storyline threads all competing against each other for limited on-screen time.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

If they cut out hogan/bischoffs segments each week I'm pretty sure you would have plenty of time for the x division guys,anyone looking forward to hogan v sting @ bfg?

I think ill pass on this one.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:59 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:If they cut out hogan/bischoffs segments each week I'm pretty sure you would have plenty of time for the x division guys,anyone looking forward to hogan v sting @ bfg?

I think ill pass on this one.

A promotion needs people with reputation and credibility to draw fans in. I suspect that the hope is that they are the lure and then the other talent will be the hook to retain fans. WWE has had novelty-esque matches at WM for ages... Vince has fought in many of them and Lawler v Cole happened this year. It is part of the modern product.

I don't have a problem with Hogan and Bischoff being involved, I just would prefer to see them sparring against each other rather than teaming up. Maybe if it is Sting v Hogan it will lead to a Hogan face turn, he can take over from Sting as being the experienced face for the company against Bischoff and Sting can start to do what he would be able to and get into programmes with younger guys and put them over a bit.

I am certainly no TNA mark and do not hold out a huge hope of this being pulled off, though if it does it would be interesting. Also, the X Division product is different and interesting because there isn't a huge amount of it on. Therefore it seems fresh and innovative. It would certainly be better than it feeling repetitive and boring if it were over exposed.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

@josh

I feel majority of the times hogan/bischoff waste a lot of time cutting promos and backstage segments which could be cut down or cut completely. This time could be given for the x division guys or the guys they are trying to push.

Mr Anderson has joined immortal and he has taken a back seat,wtf?

The fact that hogan isn't a draw in tna backs this up,the ppv buy rates ain't changed since he joined and no change in viewers for impact.

I watched Hollywood hogans feud back in the day against sting..about 11-13 years ago. I certainly don't buy into it now.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:@josh

I feel majority of the times hogan/bischoff waste a lot of time cutting promos and backstage segments which could be cut down or cut completely. This time could be given for the x division guys or the guys they are trying to push.

Mr Anderson has joined immortal and he has taken a back seat,wtf?

The fact that hogan isn't a draw in tna backs this up,the ppv buy rates ain't changed since he joined and no change in viewers for impact.

I watched Hollywood hogans feud back in the day..about 11-13 years ago. I certainly don't buy into it now.

I agree that some of the promos feel convoluted and a bit too long but there is a difference between how they promote a storyline and which story lines that they choose to promote. They can't have too many things going on at the same time or the audience will not keep up with them. Also, the X Division had a huge push with the Abyss storyline (try telling me that he didn't put the X Division over and leave it in a better shape than he found it) and its own PPV. It still has an on-going storyline and its time to have a larger segment of TV time will come again.

I guess the Anderson thing is going to be to do with the breakup of Immortal and some kind of feud between them or some of them. I suppose it could lead to Anderson v Immortal and would be a good way for Immortal and Anderson to be kept in story lines.

Figures may not have changed for TNA but bar MITB they haven't recently for WWE and no-one is saying that Punk and HHH don't draw. I think (maybe would like to think) that the Hogan thing will be a long term move. He will bring credibility to a small promotion before being able to eventually take less of an on-screen role.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

Hogan is washed up,how can anyone believe he can bring credibility to the company in the condition he is in? The fact impact 10+ removed from WCW is running an angle with hogan,sting,nwo(v2) is quite embarrassing. Hogan is the centre of attention of every single impact,hardly any build went into sting v angle at last weeks impact towards hardcore justice. What did we get? Angle goading hogan to have one last match(lol) and fight sting!!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

He can bring credibility in primarily a management style role. Vince is nearly 70 and yet most think he could still have a role around WWE.

Wrestling angles have been reused ad nauseum ... difference is that TNA and Russo get far more stick for it than others.

Hogan is the supposed Head of TNA now Dixie Carter is gone from screens. As such it is normal that he would have a prominent role.

There is a crabby build up to Hardcore Justice as much because it is face v face. I was really surprised that they took the title off Anderson when they did, thought it would work better for him to beat Angle and then Sting get his rematch.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

I just think hogan needs to let go.

The build to hardcore justice has been awful,filler ppv!

I'm surprised they have dropped the ball with anderson,shame really thought he could have been the no.1 guy. Why do I think angle with end joining immortal and maybe Anderson turn back face Haha. Tna's merry go round.

I think sting is looking the best he has in years character wise. That being said he needs to put over somebody and pass the torch. Not to angle Haha.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down