The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barca fail with new cesc bid

+3
Beer
Geordie
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

Barca fail with new cesc bid  Empty Barca fail with new cesc bid

Post by Fernando Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

vky Sports sources understand that Arsenal have rejected Barcelona's latest bid for their captain Cesc Fabregas.

The Catalan giants have already seen two bids rejected for Fabregas this summer, and now their latest offer has seemingly been shunned.

It is believed Arsenal are standing firm on their £40million (€45million) valuation of Fabregas.

The latest offer from the European champions is reported to have been €29million plus €6million in future add-ons, whilst Fabregas was also believed to be putting a €3million sum towards the move.

But the overall package - worth €38million - is still some €7million short of what the Premier League club are demanding.

On Thursday, Fabregas faced the Arsenal fans for the first time this summer as he participated in the club's Members Day.

source: sky sports

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Barca fail with new cesc bid  Empty Re: Barca fail with new cesc bid

Post by Geordie Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:29 pm

I personally would let him go for 30m.

I personally believe that if a player wants to go...dont keep him.

Likewise with Enrique at the toon. He wants to go...so let him go.

Im sure arsenal are capable of bringing in a quality midfielder....IF arsene is willing to splash the cash of course.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:29 pm

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis will meet Barcelona officials on Friday over the future of Cesc Fabregas.

BBC Sport has learnt that the Gunners are yet to receive a second bid beyond the £27m Barca offered last month.

But the club are prepared to sell their 24-year-old skipper if the Spanish giants meet their £40m valuation.

Majority shareholder Stan Kroenke will not take part in the talks having flown home to the US after a visit to the Emirates on Thursday.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I personally would let him go for 30m.

he's 24 years old and 1 of the best midfield players in the world and ud let him go for less then andy carroll to liverpool?

40m minimum

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

It looks to me that Barca are slowly trying to prod Fabregas into throwing a public tantrum and demanding a move. Barca are being very cute with all of this. What are they doing? Upping their bid by a million quid with every passing week?

I don't blame Arsenal for their stance on this at all. He signed a five year deal what two years ago? It's getting a bit boring now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

£40m seems to be the right price for him. As Fernando pointed out he's still only 24, but I suppose he wants to go.

Anyone think this could turn into a 'tapping up' case. Not just from the club itself, but in interviews with Barcelona players where they talk about how they want Cesc at the club, say he wants to be there and that Arsene is keeping him there against his will.

Can't wait to see, if Cesc does go, who the replacement will be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm

Churchill wrote:£40m seems to be the right price for him. As Fernando pointed out he's still only 24, but I suppose he wants to go.

Anyone think this could turn into a 'tapping up' case. Not just from the club itself, but in interviews with Barcelona players where they talk about how they want Cesc at the club, say he wants to be there and that Arsene is keeping him there against his will.

Well if it's Joseph Barton then there really is a crisis at the Emirates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Churchill wrote:£40m seems to be the right price for him. As Fernando pointed out he's still only 24, but I suppose he wants to go.

Well if it's Joseph Barton then there really is a crisis at the Emirates.

Laugh I think the replacement may be more the calibre of Mata, Hazard and Gotze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:09 pm

I'm resigned to him going now.
In previous years yes we've had most of the Spain squad quick to make comments and the Barca president promising the fans they'll get him, but Cesc remained focussed on his job at Arsenal, now he missed the Far East tour, didn't play in the Emirates Cup and only part trained yesterday at fans day, the body language is very different now and to my mind he's just waiting to empty his locker.

Sadly he and everyone associated with Barca have failed to recognise that he is under contract to Arsenal, Barca in particular have disrespected Arsenal on numerous occasions yet made the astonishing statement this week that they would respect Arsenal as owners of the player.

He is worth far more than Modric and didn't Tottenham refuse a £35m bid for him ?

Wenger has done what he can but it now looks a lost cause - my advice would be to put him on the transfer list and see what Man City, Chelsea and Madrid are prepared to offer, then go back to Barca (as the only team he wants to play for) with a 'match that or wait until his contract expires' statement.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

The Barcelona management and playing staff have disgraced themselves with the way in which they’ve attempted to bully Arsenal into selling Fabregas, and it’s high time that FIFA stepped in to show Arsenal the same support they did Bayern Munich a couple of years ago when we were attempting to sign Owen Hargreaves, but of course we know that won’t happen as Blatter and the rest of the crooks despise the English FA.
I know this won’t happen but if they persist and Fabregas insists on a move I’d like to see Arsenal stand strong and let him rot in the stands for the remainder of his contract.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

From a business point of view Small Time that's stupid though, they may as well sell him now rather than waiting a few years when his value has gone right down, look at what happened with Henry, a couple of years before he went for around £16 million Barca were talking about a £50 million bid.

I think they should sell him as quickly as they can, anything above £30 million should be accpected, the longer they wait the chance of the money being reinvested to improve the side lessens.

I think they're worried that if they sell Fabregas, Nasri will follow him out.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

I absolutley agree......it's a short term business disater, but cave to the bully now and who's to say it won't happen again with an even better player 2 or 3 years down the line?

This type of press gang tactic renders contracts absolutley useless to the teams wanting to hold to their best assists.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

If I were Arsenal I'd only accept a bid over £30m if it included another player coming the other way.

But I'm sure with the moeny they receive they'd have the money to sign one of the three guys I mentioned earlier, and probably bring in a left back to replace Clichy (Unless Wenger is risking Gibbs).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

Would Fabregas even get into this Barca team on a regular basis? For my money no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:42 pm

All about having some depth, with Xavi the wrong side of 30, and Barcelona probably playing close to 50 games a year they need someone to come in and do the job. The Barcelona squad is tiny and relies heavily on its youth, so an experienced midfielder in Fabregas would do them well. If he does sign I think it would just mean less games for another backup (like Keita). Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Mascherano, Thiago and Fabregas. I'm pretty sure every manager in the world would like to have these 6 midfielders at his diposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

Churchill wrote:All about having some depth, with Xavi the wrong side of 30, and Barcelona probably playing close to 50 games a year they need someone to come in and do the job. The Barcelona squad is tiny and relies heavily on its youth, so an experienced midfielder in Fabregas would do them well. If he does sign I think it would just mean less games for another backup (like Keita). Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Mascherano, Thiago and Fabregas. I'm pretty sure every manager in the world would like to have these 6 midfielders at his diposal.

The way Xavi plays his football he could go on for another five years and Iniesta longer. Busquets is excellent in his position as is Mascherano and in no way is Fabregas a like for like replacement for any of the above anyway. I actually think English football has moulded him in his style and I do wonder if he'd comfortably fit in to the Barca philosophy.

The Spanish national team are the nearest clone to the Barca team...where Fab is a regular sub. It will be interesting should he finally make the move. I am not certain (in his own mind) he is going there just to bolster the squad number.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

Like you'e said, English football has moulded his style, what's to say moving back to Spain and playing a couple of seasons won't change his style again. The normal midfield three is Busquets - Xavi - Iniesta, with Mascherano as backup for Busquets, and both of them serving as back up centre backs. Thiago is still just starting his career and if Fabregas comes in then he could learn to play the Barcelona style and eventually be the replacement for Xavi. Or he could spend the next 5 years of his career living in the shadows of Iniesta/Xavi.

I personally think that he's better off staying at Arsenal, but I can see why Barcelona want him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:05 pm

Churchill wrote:

I personally think that he's better off staying at Arsenal, but I can see why Barcelona want him.

I agree. I personally want to see a competitive top 6 in the Premier League and if Arsenal are to lose him AND Nasri this season then I'd seriously doubt them even cementing a Champions League place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

Churchill wrote:If I were Arsenal I'd only accept a bid over £30m if it included another player coming the other way.

But I'm sure with the moeny they receive they'd have the money to sign one of the three guys I mentioned earlier, and probably bring in a left back to replace Clichy (Unless Wenger is risking Gibbs).

The problem here is that Arsenal would only ever get offered a player who Barca have no desire to keep, meaning that he is unlikely to massively improve Arsenals side (can't see Puyol and Pique being offered up by Pep !)

It would be lovely to think that clubs have some power here but I'm afraid it's the players and their agents who hold all the aces - the only slightly warming element about this deal is that it's not financially driven by the player and if he ends up sitting on benches throughout Spain it'll be because he loves the club and not paydays

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 4:39 pm

I heard rumours a while back that there was potentially a cash + Thiago deal that could be offered, but I really don't understand why Barcelona don't just give Thiago move of a chance as he's looked supremely talented whenever I've seen him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

Arsenal should hold out for what they are asking for, he is only going to get better with age, and with xavi not far off reaching ledley king levels of wear and tear where they have to put him in bubble wrap and not play him in multiple games in a week, they desperately need fabregas so should be will to pay the price instead of all this media ransom they are doing, if arsenal get thiago in a deal to lower their cash demands, it would be a good signing, but you will get this whole affair again in 3/4 years when they look to bring in a replacement for iniesta
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

It seems there was further progress today and a source close to Arsenal expects Cesc to be sold by the weekend.
I didn't expect Barca to give up, I'm a little disappointed in Cesc to be honest, no genuine Arsenal fan would deprive him the chance of returning to his boyhood club but I think he could and should have respected his position as Arsenal captain and the fact it's Arsenal who have made him a multo millionaire and continued to pay his astronomical wages despite him not training, touring or undertaking other club duties.
Not forgetting also the disruption his actions would have had on Arsenals pre-season....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

'Cesc and Nasri' is trending worldwide on twitter. Rumours are £55m for the pair has been accepted.
Cesc off to Barca, and Nasri off to Man City.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down