The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch...

+18
boomeranga
chewed_mintie
Artful_Dodger
Taffineastbourne
wrfc1980
wales606
Pal Joey
Thomond
HQ matt
Standulstermen
GunsGerms
Rob B
Full Credit
The_Hound_of_Harrow
emack2
nottins_jones
Biltong
Taylorman
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch... Empty ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch...

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:02 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5400896/Everybody-show-a-little-R-E-S-P-E-C-T

In typical Ozzie fashion they've come across the Tasman to once again try and punish the AB's a la sxv style. Certainly the confident approach has to be applauded given their dismal record for all but 1.30 minutes in Hong Kong last year.

Lets hope they live up to the occasion and that this isn't just some 'face' they're pulling and are instead 'shaking' beneath the covers.

I enjoy the clowning around and wish both teams tonight- a loss will provide the ABs with a well needed boost in motivation. But an AB over aussie win will seat them, and Deans on their butts all the way back to Coolangatta airport- perhaps with Deans on the next plane in through the back door.

Gotta admire their confidence though it feels a bit like Luke running around yoda with the light sabre rolling his eyes...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch... Empty Re: ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch...

Post by Biltong Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:15 am

Taylorman they may feel Luke's force (that being Luke Burges), but the force is strong with the All Blacks it is.

The force must be used for home ground advantage, it must be used
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch... Empty Re: ABs versus Oz tonight- they sure are a c*o*c*k*y bunch...

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:20 am

Hi ya Biltong...yeah just getting into the spirit... its an exciting Oz team and thats great for the game...bright jerseys and personalities compared to the rather dour look and upstanding solidarity of the black jerseyed ABs (not that I'd have it any other way) I have to admit but thats what makes it great. Two similar teams in terms of style but somehow very different

And don't worry...the humble pie is already on the slow cooker should the unlikely occur... Cry laughing

go kiwis... Kiwi Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Aint sport great!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 am

Yes, I am looking forward to this game, for me there is just no substitute other than watching the three Tri Nations teams playing each other.

Although disappointed with our own performances it still remains a top competition.

I do think that when looking closely the styles are more different than what they are similar.

For me OZ's style is merely a hybrid of rugby league, they would if it was possible play with 15 backs, they rely on space and angled runs to score.

The All Blacks play with their forwards a more similar style to SA than they would like to admit, albeit at a faster pace, they rely on that structure to set up phase ball and wait patiently to unleash their backs into spaces for the offload with recievers coming at pace.

And that for me is what makes the Tri Nation teams so great
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:36 am

All Blacks will win. Besides the world cup this fixture is now the big event in world rugby. Predecessed by New Zealand vs South Africa.

Biltong, do you live in the UK right now?
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:48 am

OH and taylorman, having read the article now, I think you guys are over-reacting. Anyone would be like that after beating this All Blacks team. It was also the Reds first title, and only the third for Australia?
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:15 am

nottins_jones wrote:All Blacks will win. Besides the world cup this fixture is now the big event in world rugby. Predecessed by New Zealand vs South Africa.

Biltong, do you live in the UK right now?

No sir, I live here in the land of political correctness, sunshine, big juicy steaks and biltong
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:18 am

Yep nottins im just fueling the fire as well. AB's are sickeningly laid back and staunch over the non reaction things leaving us fans to seeth over it.
mcCaw particularly has learned the GH method of not reacting to anything- almost as though they have no pulse sometimes, and that includes how they handle the press. Got to be respected for that, even if you can't stand the player.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 am

You're correct Taylorman... Up until Franks, etc mentioned it just now.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 am

It is a joke going on the various websites like Stuff.or reading the NZ Papers.
Just a lot of stupid soundbites,Neither sides are going to say."Hell we`ve got no chance"
This All Black side is one of the most experienced ever,the bench is also very strong.
If there is a weakness the wings are just that,not converted full backs,Coopers favourite tactic is the cross kick to a winger,expect a lot of tactical kicking.
Weepu starting means the All Blacks have two Goal kickers if DC has problem with his radar theres a back up.
On the strength of a narrow win in Hong Kong,and the Reds Super 15,plus a good display versus the Boks.
The Wallabies are confident they can win tomorrow.History says otherwise,
last year I went against the 606 board who predicted an easy All Black win in the return match in OZ.
There had been 3All Black blowouts,and when I councilled caution,"you don`t think the All Blacks will lose do you"I was told.
Taylorman may remember my reply ,I gave several reasons why I thought OZ COULD win but said I expected the narrow All Black win I picked the exact score.
Tomorrow All Blacks at Home ,a win All Blacks 10 or under,looking at allthe games by them this year.
They`ve established set piece possession,and structure they have by a good bit the best Scrum in the 3Ns.
Owen Franks is starting and is a better starting prop than brother Ben,Wyatt Crockett is THE form loose head,with the bench they have a total of 5 lineout forwards so possession shouldnt be a problem.
Australia have a good Back row, All Blacks a great one.
Next week the Wallabies go to the Miracle of Rasten burg,where the Bok true side await.
Signs are All Blacks will be going with a trimmed down experimental squad for the away legs.
Though if fit,Woodcock,Kahui,Toeva,Dagg hardly weaken the squad,for me just wondering if Matt Todd or Ben Smith,or Hika Elliott will get a run.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:56 am

Christ, will people never learn! Thou shalt not even remotely believe that you can beat NZ.

Aus will be wanting to wear a black jersey next...

Whistle

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah Alan I think the entire result will be based on the ability or the returning players to match the intensity that GH is requiring which is pretty high for this one.

My feeling is there will be one of 3 results...
If the returning players fire and exceed expectations- a comfortable 20 point plus win for the ab's due to domination of the ball across the board.

If they gok ok a narrow win.

If theyre all clearly short of matchplay, a close loss.

I cant see a large win to Oz being a scenario.

Wth Oz we know what they can do, there are no tricks or new players from the last match other than subs so they will try to do more of the same, and it comes down to what they can do with the time and space available.

Coopers first test as a Kiwi at Eden park is a potential problem if the occasion gets to him as well.

Which is why I'll go for an 18 point win. The returning players I think will go well, if not spectacularly.

Good call hound, wish more would think like that! Oh, you were being sarcastic...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

So just to clarify...

Thinking you can beat NZ.... lack of respect.
Beating NZ... lack of respect.
Celebrating after beating NZ... lack of respect.
Flying over to play NZ... lack of respect.
Having your country located next to NZ... lack of respect.
Respecting the All Blacks... lack of respect.

Touchy bunch those kiwi's. I'm sure most of this is just media hype but honestly. If anything, the manner in which they celebrated shows just how much it meant to them, doesn't that in a round-a-bout way show respect? Ok, I might be drawing a bit of a long bow there. I think it was primarily the nature of the win in that it was after the siren, I doubt they would have carried on to that extent if they'd won comfortably.

I vaguely remember the thing with Quade and McCaw and there was talk at the time that McCaw had niggled him a bit during the game so there might have been a bit of payback about it but I agree that it wasn't a good look. Cooper does strike me as being a bit petulant at times.

Taylorman is right about the very circumspect manner in which the All Blacks conduct themselves. I needed to be resuscitated the last time I heard an interview with Dan Carter. That's why it was good to hear Brad Thorn after the super15 final actually show a bit of emotion.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

yeah i love it full credit. Fact is pre match Abs become very laboured and boring in terms of their media approach and discussio on these boards which is why I jump on the Oz articles- more fun to be had.

They do what they think helps them almost as though not reacting to the media is some sort of energy saving strategy.

But whatever works I suppose. Brings life to the game and with a few hours to go all gets pretty exciting. I love it.

Only problem with waiting all week for the match is its all over in 80 minutes! and i'm not sure the England Wales game on Rugby channel a few hours later is going to suffice for dessert methinks...but I will need to keep one eye at least on them... Shocked

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Talk about a bunch of churlish cry babies.

Don't be confident

Don't celebrate

We are the All Blacks - get on your knees and show us some respect - especially when we lose.

Just peeved they lost that's all - bad sports, gos with the territory. If it wasn't the WILD celebrating (no high fives please) it would be something else.

NOTE to ANY SIDE WHO BEATS the ALL BLACKS:

- At the final bell, look at each other meekly and shake hands
- say to each other: "gee, don't know how we did that"
- go over to the All Black players and apologise to each of them for spoiling their day
- walk quickly but respectfully off the field (No high fives please)
- go back to your hotel for some tea and scones. Smile occasionally, but no laughing
- twitter the team again before you leave the country and ask for their forgiveness

Remember this is the All Blacks you are dealing with.

Show some respect.

-

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Very good. Glad you have finally come round Rob. Thought that article might ruffle a few...

luckily there'll be no twittering tonight then...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

In saying that, I agree. Nothing wrong with being confident and celebrating. AB's seem to have forgotten what its like to truly overcome hurdles because they are so used to winning that they forget what all the fuss is about.

When Fitzy's team beat the Boks for the first time in a series in 96 that was a true accomplishment and worth every bit of the celebration, as was the 87 cup.

So it is a little annoying that theyre putting up this front. Larsen to me seems a little out of sync with his media comments so if hes the incoming coach then I've a feeling we're going to return to the slagging off that everyone else gets into. Ive enjoyed the fact that the Abs let their game do the talking but it is getting a little superior for my liking. GH and McCaw carter could do with some emotion or genuine feelings now and then at least.

Perhaps Carter could give Elsom a good old Cooper flick around the ear at the end...or a Gregan "Another 12 months..." in his face...somehow cant see it...but at least it would be different.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 pm

All NZ so far. Cooper has made a few mistakes

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Cooper and McCaw handbags

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:08 pm

very disrespectful crowd at eden park

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Carter has been excellent as indeed have the all blacks defensively. Sivivatu is playing himself out of contention i reckon though.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:25 pm

high quality game, very entertaining. could be closer if o'connor hadnt missed 2 kicks.

oz backs look dangerous but they need more from their forwards, the forwards arent able to strech the an awesome kiwi defense, and therefore create space for the backs to attack. the oz backs will score tries given a sniff.

the kiwi's have been outstanding in defense and unlike the opposition they are able to punch holes in the aussie defense with the forwards, as we all know the all blacks are clinical with front foot ball.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Superb game,played at high intensity. Cooper could learn from ROG about cross field kicks. This is where our Gaa background comes in handy. Wink

NZ have been superb,so much so that I would even say the Aussies haven't even been poor.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Whoever tipped 17-0 at halftime.... genius.

Yes matt, kiwis ruthless in defence and making the most of ad line gains.

Wallabies, hanging in there despite the scoreline but need to put some points on the board.

JOC misses again... costly.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Carter practicing drop goals now

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Nice try Ioane. Reckon he could be Aus' top try scorer at wc.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Ouch, and here was me thinking Aus were coming back.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 pm

No try from NZ knock on, bad decision. Ref team.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Slade on now. Whats the bets he trys a drop goal too.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 pm

What a suprise the ref gifts NZ points as per usual. How the hell did the ref not call a knock on for that NZ try?

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 pm

I cant believe Carter is the record points scorer and has only ever dropped 3 goals. One today and the last 5 years ago? Incredible.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 pm

wales606 wrote:I cant believe Carter is the record points scorer and has only ever dropped 3 goals. One today and the last 5 years ago? Incredible.

That is amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 pm

What is the score?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah well he might need to do some more if he wants to win the wc

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 pm

27-7ABs

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Many thanks,Leinster!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:11 pm

McCaw getting away with it again.....

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:15 pm

The Wallabies will never win the WC without a 80 - 90% kicker.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Final score 30-14, taff.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:25 pm

If Carter gets injured NZ will probably struggle a bit. The guy is outstanding.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Cheers,Linebreaker!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Sigh... another day, another inept Australian performance. For every good game we play we manage 2 shockers. It was just men against boys out there tonight. NZ were their typical clinical selves, we were predictably absent.

At some point you just have to laugh. There was a passage of play where we couldn't manage to kick the ball 10 metres from the re-start, knocked-on several times, ran into each other, missed 3 from 3, forgot where our try line was in defence, coudn't catch a re-start, thought we were playing rugby league and didn't need support, threw flick passes in our in goal, and on and on it goes. From memory the passage of play was from the first minute to the last.

I see Rocky Elsom's been to the Morne Steyne school of tackling.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:38 pm

One word: Emphatic.

The key thing from this match is that all teams who believe they have a chance must have an A+ game, anything lower won't be enough. There are teams who can produce that on their day, but today we saw the ABs strangle, tackle and grind Australia out of the game. That was pleasing! For Aus, two key players, Pocock and Cooper, had quiet games. Cooper looked like a rabbit in the headlights and Pocock was nullified by a team effort. They can learn from this though.

Very pleased with that performance, but we ain't won the WC on the back of it so the job's not done

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Yes FC, the ABs came out firing and we were always on the back foot and errors were compounded by more errors on a regular basis.

There are so many areas to work on after this performance. In a way - this might be good. We need to resurrect for SA next week, then Brisbane... and get a roll on for September.

Otherwise, I'll be disappointed as well. We have to be much more hungry (like the ABs were) and execute far better than we did tonight.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Full Credit wrote:

I see Rocky Elsom's been to the Morne Steyne school of tackling.

Sorry to disappoint you but Steyn didn't go to tackling school, the only subject he had was kicking
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:04 pm

I'll have to check the tape but off the top of my head I think Quade Cooper thew 683 forward passes tonight. You could see he was rattled after that early intercept and slowly imploded thereafter.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Well done Nz. That was really impressive.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Full Credit wrote:I'll have to check the tape but off the top of my head I think Quade Cooper thew 683 forward passes tonight. You could see he was rattled after that early intercept and slowly imploded thereafter.

Exactly. The worrying thing is that only about half of them were called. The pass to O'connor just before half time was just ridiculous. From a static position on the half way line Cooper threw the pass to O'Connor who takes it a foot behind the AB 10 meter line. How Joubert missed that I've no idea.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:McCaw getting away with it again.....

One day, just once, I'd like to see NZ win a game of rugby without someone jumping in to accuse Richie McCaw of cheating and getting away with it.

It's just tired. Would you like to point to the specific incidences where you think this was occurring?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Joubert didn't have his best game to be fair, but fortunately none of the incorrect decisions hemade affected the result. AB's were just too strong out there.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next