The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Kwini?

+17
jockney
pedro
vinyl1
haystongolfer
LadyPutt
4putt
navyblueshorts
Davie
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
Doc
oldshanker
Adam D
MustPuttBetter
McLaren
LondonJonnyO
Maverick
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is Kwini? Empty Who is Kwini?

Post by Maverick Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:11

Much is said for the articulate articles created by our fellow poster on BBC606.

He has displayed a rather unswerving No answer when asked whether he will move over to this board to continue with his articles for us to follow.

There seems to be some theory going round about why this is, as he seems devout to the BBC606 cause or the BBC in general when there are protestations abouts is poor quality. In one had he states how bad the bbc is but soon takes back with the other with a positive comment. Has an affinity to Martin Laird a former bbc blogger.

Now Another 606v2 poster and I have a theory on why Kwini is reluctant to move, and has made some statements which don't seem to make sense "Wishing to attract a wider audience for example)" I have a few Private messages between myself and the other poster that i'll make available if he agrees but will not out him unless he wants to be known.

Nothing in these messages is disrespectful or harmful to reputation just opinion of why it seems odd...

Thoughts please guys.....

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Who is Kwini? Empty Re: Who is Kwini?

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:16

I am still going with Kwini being the hooded claw.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:17

I heard he was David Fehrety in disguise?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:17

Understandable point LJ but in all seriousness do you have a opinion why this is

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:17

'I'll protect you from the hooded claw' - Fleetwood Mac?? Hate that song
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:20

he is one of the following:
Jimmy Hoffa
the phantom raspberry blower of old london town
alice cooper
bob bubka
the gopher from caddyshack

or he could be all of them

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:21

MustPuttBetter wrote:'I'll protect you from the hooded claw' - Fleetwood Mac?? Hate that song

think more along the lines of the perils of penelope pitstop MPB.

And in all honesty I can't really say. I do notice that there are weeks when Mr Laird and Mr Kwini have very similar opinions... as well as similar writing styles.

However I should point out I don't believe Kwini is Laird... Or should that be Laird is Kwini?... on that basis that Kwini has a great knowledge of the kentish region of england and is from that area originally. In addition his son is going to the university of canterbury at the moment and as such cannot be Laird as he's a bit young for a son of that age.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:24

Penelope Pitstop - mmmmm.......oh dear......

At this point i should say that i have never seen Kwini and Laird in the same room. Make of that what you will.....
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:27

I would also advocate that Kwini and the Laird are different people. But something strikingly odd about some comments that have been made since the announce departure of 606 and unrelinquishing in anyway to join another forum yet still wanting out get his message out to a wider audience

Last edited by Maverick on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:28; edited 1 time in total

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:27

MustPuttBetter wrote:'I'll protect you from the hooded claw' - Fleetwood Mac?? Hate that song

Wasn't that Frankie goes to Hollywood?

I believe Kwini is: an expat living in upstate New York or possibly Canadia or somewhere there is a lot of snow.
There also seems to be the possibility he is or is about to be a golf journalist - not in a big way, but a knowledgable way :friend:
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:31

The other poster is none other than myself. I just couldn't get my head around why he couldn't at least duel-post, like many of us do, until the other place closes. Seemed odd, and especially when he wrote about staying because of a wider audience? not many people posting over there now. I've enjoyed reading his stuff, like just about all of us have. There maybe absolutley nothing to it, just a personal preference, which is great and I have no problem with that. I just don't understand his explanation for not wanting to come, and also his mention of maybe looking in 'incognito', what's he trying to hide?

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:32

MustPuttBetter wrote:Penelope Pitstop - mmmmm.......oh dear......

At this point i should say that i have never seen Kwini and Laird in the same room. Make of that what you will.....

You've never seen me or Lily Allen in the same room either!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:32

Doc wrote:The other poster is none other than myself. I just couldn't get my head around why he couldn't at least duel-post, like many of us do, until the other place closes. Seemed odd, and especially when he wrote about staying because of a wider audience? not many people posting over there now. I've enjoyed reading his stuff, like just about all of us have. There maybe absolutley nothing to it, just a personal preference, which is great and I have no problem with that. I just don't understand his explanation for not wanting to come, and also his mention of maybe looking in 'incognito', what's he trying to hide?

Perhaps he's really called Max?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:33

King Beer wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:Penelope Pitstop - mmmmm.......oh dear......

You've never seen me or Lily Allen in the same room either!! Shocked

I'd like to be in the same room as Eliza Doolittle. And Kate Beckinsale. : birthday:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:35

OS - it was Frankie Goes To Hollywood, you are right! Rubbish piece of music!

King Beer - that's what you think. I saw you coming out of her caravan a couple of weeks back...

LJ - Kate Beckinsale i will give you. But Eliza Dolittle? Come on, you can do better than that?? Anne Hathaway - i'm in, go!!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:37

I too believe there is nothing in it, but like Doc could not work out what some of his recent comments on posts were alluding to.
Some very odd one's in recent times with regards audience, and incognito, and not wishing to stray from the values of 606 and its structure.

His articles always make for good reading and discussion and I have also said with Docs about taking up the mantle for the new site if anyones interested in the same type of articles appearing on here in Kwini's absence

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:39

Anne Hathaway.............. wheres the drooling smiley when it's needed.

Give me Megan the Fox and Lady Anne of Hathaway and im i'll be a very happy Mav..... : birthday:

Danger is though they may ended up with one in the oven :606laugh:

Last edited by Maverick on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:40; edited 1 time in total

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:39

I know for a fact that kwini used to live in my area as we have discussed the merits of Stoneham golf club on several occasions. I also believe that he is rather elderly judging by some of the comments he has made regarding his golfing abilities these days.

Either way, I'd love to meet up with him for a beer as I think he would be hugely entertaining thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:52

Can't argue with those two Mav!

They will no doubt be concerned about your scary hit rate though!! thumbsup
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 18 Feb 2011, 16:55

Mave she just looks so innocent.... I think i could fo for her what hutchence did for kylie
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 18 Feb 2011, 17:19

LondonJonnyO wrote:Mave she just looks so innocent.... I think i could fo for her what hutchence did for kylie

Well if you're as well hung as Hutchence was.... I'm sure you're probably right :606laugh:
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 18 Feb 2011, 17:52

Noshankingtonite wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Mave she just looks so innocent.... I think i could fo for her what hutchence did for kylie

Well if you're as well hung as Hutchence was.... I'm sure you're probably right :606laugh:

Was he found with an orange in his gob? Or was that one of politicians?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 18 Feb 2011, 19:34

I hope Kwini puts whatever reservations he has about a site other than BBC 606 behind him and comes to post his weekly articles here.

As I understand it he wants his articles to be an antidote to the kind of rubbish that the BBC themselves post on the golf pages - and he seems to think that antidote is only effective when posted on the BBC forums.

Maybe there is some truth in the thought that he wants to somehow syndicate his articles to proper media outlets and perhaps to the BBC themselves.

I don't particularly agree with (what I think) he is trying to say, but I respect his stance. Maybe when 606 finally does close and if there isn't a huge opportunity to peddle his wares elsewhere then they may get published here instead. I hope he decides to continue them here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Incidentally, he is still saying that he's gettting plenty of comments over on old 606, which is true, but those comments are mostly coming from fewer people and some of us who have moved here. He says he will join here, possibly under another name to continue his participation in the fantasy leagues. Maybe he has already joined and we just don't know it yet

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 19 Feb 2011, 10:07

LondonJonnyO wrote:
Noshankingtonite wrote:

Was he found with an orange in his gob? Or was that one of politicians?

Don't know LJ - but I think it's a fair assumption that Ms Minogue enjoyed more than having an orange in her gob. Hutchence - he really did see himself as the antipodean Jim Morrison - and he was a champion shagger too by all accounts :lol:
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 19 Feb 2011, 21:47

Does it matter? He's a knowledgeable poster with some great insight on the USPGA. If he comes over here, so much the better. If not, well, that's his choice and good luck to him.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by 4putt Mon 21 Feb 2011, 11:15

I always thought he was The Stig Shocked

4putt

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 21 Feb 2011, 11:38

He certainly isn't Martin Laird in disguise because he and I have had the occasional reminsce about watching Hampshire playing cricket in Portsmouth (before he went to the US) and that was probably before Martin Laird was born!

I don't understant his reluctance to move over but I respect his decision.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by haystongolfer Mon 21 Feb 2011, 13:42

I love the Kwinmeister and often have banter back and forth with him. He stays in upstate NY and knows an area that I have visited often in The Mohawk Valley. I have asked him if he is coming over and he said that he would for the Fantasy League and perhaps incognito for other stuff. I don't think we will lose him totally...at least I hope not since we were always going to meet up for a beer in NY.

haystongolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 21 Feb 2011, 13:55

Just seen kwini's latest comment on the other side (Laird BBC3) I get the feeling that maybe he's actually trying to embed himself in the BBC (Blog) as his latest comment protects NBC/CBS golf coverage. Just maybe he's trying to be the link between the affiliates

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 23 Feb 2011, 20:47

Now onto the Laird (4) thread (martin who?) and some complaints that laird didn't get his name put in bold like the rest of the UK players (boo-hoo)

Some BBC drone came on to apologize and it's fixed now, but Kwini backed up this person. Maybe he really is angling for a job with Aunty

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 23 Feb 2011, 20:55

As I've said all along he always sits on the broadcasters side! Its odd as for Laird can't take to him I find him very average for a Tour pro I know he has a W under his belt and has been steady this year but that's it just a steady guy!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 23 Feb 2011, 20:57

I'm not sure Laird would have even hit my radar if it wasn't was for the fan club on the old 606

I expect the BBC will give him the Andy Murray treatment. British when he's winning, Scottish when he loses

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 23 Feb 2011, 21:03

Davie wrote:I'm not sure Laird would have even hit my radar if it wasn't was for the fan club on the old 606

I expect the BBC will give him the Andy Murray treatment. British when he's winning, Scottish when he loses

Sounds like a spot on assessment. Can't see the Laird winning anything soon and even then can imagine it only being fall series type events ones with out the big fields and no pressure on. Certainly can't see him being good enough to make an RC team or be the big winner many on 606 seem to think he will be

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 03:31

I have always enjoyed Kwini's articles, he is a fine commentator and a better writer than many of the professionals.

If he really plays at Kwiniaska, I would expect you could find him there when the snow melts. Although if he lives in NY, I don't see why he would drive all the way to Shelburne to play.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Feb 2011, 09:54

Based upon the fact that he is so hard to find, and that the military (being Mave) is looking for him I suspect Kwini is a member of the A-Team.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:07

LondonJonnyO wrote:Based upon the fact that he is so hard to find, and that the military (being Mave) is looking for him I suspect Kwini is a member of the A-Team.

I think he is Mr. T.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by jockney Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:23

Not saying him and Iain Carter are the same person but Iain was borrowing some material from Kwini's post on the radio last night.

jockney

Back to top Go down

Post by haystongolfer Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:23

pedro wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Based upon the fact that he is so hard to find, and that the military (being Mave) is looking for him I suspect Kwini is a member of the A-Team.

I think he is Mr. T.

I love Mr T LJ.......some of his quotes were world class......

"I pity the fool"

hg

haystongolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:24

jockney wrote:Not saying him and Iain Carter are the same person but Iain was borrowing some material from Kwini's post on the radio last night.

What radio show was this on?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:27

Is kwini iain carter! Can't be he can do what carter cannot string a sentence together!

If kwini is in the A team and I'm the military that'd make me colonel decker! Can't be that I wasn't an officer I was a real soldier I worked for a living didn't hide behind the badge!

Still good shout! Maybe he is hannibal!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by jockney Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:28

It was his summary of the world matchplay on 5 live.

jockney

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:47

Nah... Kwini shows more than a modicum of contempt for the inept Carter at times... It's been toned down of late but considering the articulate nature of the one and the incompetence of the other it's just not possible. And it's impossible for anyone to fake stupidity so convincingly so it's not a cover either.

As for Kwini being Hannibal.. I can just see him chomping on a cuban dressed a B-movie man-in-a-suit-monster... hang on... man-in-a-suit-monster... Perhaps he's a scooby-doo villian!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:47

If I was a golf reporter I would also read 606.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by jockney Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:55

Carter definitely lifts bits & pieces from 606 to use in his report/blogs.

He's may not be Kwinin but he's certainly plagiarist.

jockney

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 14 Mar 2017, 12:55

Who is kwini anyway? Wish I knew.

Never seen this before; was looking for something entirely different.
Only reason I wanted to post on one forum only was that I didn't have time to multi-task. Wish some of these posters would return!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:15

Maybe it would have been better to have a who is Maverick thread?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:21

I like drive4show describing me as "rather elderly"! ELDERLY??!! But I would like a beer d4s; I'll buy.

A "Who is Iain Carter?" thread would have been interesting - wonder if he keeps an eye on v2 still?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:27

You have to feel that Iain Carter never plays golf. He should have stuck to Tennis.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:29

Kwini

I think Carter still has a blog on the bbc sports site and does commentary for 5live golf.

On a related note does anyone know if there is a decent UK based golf podcast?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:32

McLaren wrote:Kwini

I think Carter still has a blog on the bbc sports site and does commentary for 5live golf.

On a related note does anyone know if there is a decent UK based golf podcast?

Mac, do you watch Crossfield, Finch or Shiels? SOme of it can be quite good, although Finch and Shiels get a bit self indulgent with their laughable "Quest For The Open" segment.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next