The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal for cash

5 posters

Go down

Proposal for cash Empty Proposal for cash

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 06 Aug 2011, 5:44 pm

Hi guys,

(Apologies for the essay!)

I think it’s important that cash has some value in the league. Can really add to the game if given the right importance so just wanted to bring this up.

There’s 39 weeks of fixtures this season and if someone was to give detailed predictions each week they could be looking at earning £117m over the season with the way predictions are currently! Never mind end of competition price money if there is still to be any. That’s nearly enough for 5 top world class players based on the current foreign pricing guide. With the calibre of players left in the foreigns though it’s really enough for 6 to 7 signings. At the moment really cash just won’t be an issue for any of us. Even with a 2m bonus we are looking at 78m over the season, enough for 4 players.

Would it be wise to cut the prediction bonus to 1m for full descriptive predictions and .5m for score only predictions. That sees us getting 39m over the course of the season from predictions. Then allow prize money for the league and European cups. (Would exclude the LV from prize money because realistically I think we all see it as a chance to rest 1st teamers). Would keep the prize money for the European cups similar to the way it was last season. But would change the league prize money.

There has to be some reward for the top sides making the play offs but I think it’s unfair to be rewarded for league finish and then playoff performance. I know Worcester were giving a monster budget but 11th place wasn’t. Newcastle with the reward system the way it is currently got effectively 22m more than 11th which would kind of spoil the whole point of the prediction bonus and trying to level the playing field out.

Think maybe we should go:

Champions: 12m
Runners Up: 11m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 10m
5th: 8m
6th: 7m
7th: 6m
8th: 5m
9th: 4m
10th: 3m
11th: 2m
12th: 1m

Think it helps to keep the playing field fairly even but still rewards the sides winning the league. If we have a side winning both the league and Heineken cup it sees them earning 61m over the season (not happened yet though as far as I know??). We still have enough time to raise funds for our 1 foreign during the 6 nations and will have cash at the end of the season for 2 foreigns. (This helps with another concern for the game, I.E. the dwindling foreign transfer market. If we cut foreigns to the 1 signing in season and 2 off season from now on we can keep foreigns interesting for us in the future).

Think this would make cash really important in the game again. We will actually have to budget for our transfers and may actually see cash have some kind of importance over the season again in domestic signings which it hasn’t had really since I’ve been in the league anyway.

With such importance on cash would make it clear though to get your full prediction bonus you would need to predict on every game with a score and a 3 to 5 line summary. Doing just scores or a one line reason would only see a .5m bonus as would only providing predictions on half the matches.

What do you guys think?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Proposal for cash Empty Re: Proposal for cash

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 8:54 pm

I agree SJE.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Proposal for cash Empty Re: Proposal for cash

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:20 am

Agree