The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Care - Well Done

+7
The_Hound_of_Harrow
tomathy
lostinwales
majesticimperialman
Manu's Boxing Coach
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
11 posters

Go down

Danny Care - Well Done Empty Danny Care - Well Done

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:17 am

Not from playing POV and I will leave that to the English guys to assess his performance but having watched the replay back I must say Well Done to him for bringing Stoddards injury to Walsh' attention.

Walsh was telling players to play on and get on with but Danny knew it was serious injury and game was stopped.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Danny Care - Well Done Empty Re: Danny Care - Well Done

Post by doctornickolas Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:14 am

Yeah just watched the highlights and I have to agree.

Good man.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

Poor from Walsh though not to notice a serious injury like that and stop the match immediately and it wasn't like he wasn't near the play he was at Care's feet!

He has always been a poor ref though and didn't seem to have the slightest idea what was going on in the scrum when England were dominating in the first half. Also missed the most blatant knock on of all time from wilko.

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:44 am

I was thinking yesterday how many other players have done the same thing as that.

Well played to care for that.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

Banahan also pointing at his wrist - I think they picked up on what happened pretty quick.

I was also trying to work out how it happened. I believe Stoddart was tackling Armitage and went over on his ankle. Just really really unlucky, as he is a player who has definitely got better over the last few years

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

Yeah with an interview with Care afterwards he said he and Jamie Roberts were both trying to get the ref to stop play. It was great to see such sportsmanship from him. Not sure why it took Walsh so long to realise it though!

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:40 am

lostinwales wrote:Banahan also pointing at his wrist - I think they picked up on what happened pretty quick.

I was also trying to work out how it happened. I believe Stoddart was tackling Armitage and went over on his ankle. Just really really unlucky, as he is a player who has definitely got better over the last few years

Yeah he got hauled down from behind after a little dart and just went over awkward on ankle
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:04 am

I know people do go over all the time and obviously the ref is trying to watch whats happening to the ball but it is a bit damming that Walsh didnt pick up that something bad had happened until they pointed it out to him

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

Manu's Boxing Coach wrote:Poor from Walsh though not to notice a serious injury like that and stop the match immediately and it wasn't like he wasn't near the play he was at Care's feet!

He has always been a poor ref though and didn't seem to have the slightest idea what was going on in the scrum when England were dominating in the first half. Also missed the most blatant knock on of all time from wilko.

Bit harsh. You have to already know what happened to spot it really. From Walsh's angle Stoddart could just be lying like that to keep out of Care's way.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:24 pm

All the English and Welsh fans in the pub where I watched the game applauded Care for that. I hope Stoddard makes a full recovery; he's got a lot of talent.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

To be fair to Mr Walsh at first he would of thought that danny Care was signaling that hes not moving away. then realised what was happening

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

clap Danny Care OK Great sportsmanship
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by snoopster Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:42 pm

It was nice to see Care doing the right thing there.

Poor from Walsh - watching on TV it looked like Stoddart was in real trouble from the way he was lying there (still on the ground with his hands on his head before there was a need for him to be getting out of the way) and it is the sort of thing an experienced ref should be looking out for.

As for how the injury happened - in the tackle, while they were heading towards the ground Stoddart's studs caught in the turf and Armitage's legs smacked into Stoddart's leg. A really nasty freak accident

snoopster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:02 pm

I agree with most comments here, Walsh is a poor referee, he misses obvious things and seems very unobservent, but sadly the quality of a lot of southern hemisphere refs are poor these days. Certainly amongst a lot of them it's important they are as famous as the players themselves.
If England had scored from that Wilko knock on, you can bet any chance of the reasonable debate we have seen after the game from Welsh and England fans would of evaporated and there would of been a lot of arguing and bad blood between the fans, and a lot of abuse at Walsh.

The article is about Care and it's great he put an opposition players safety before a tactical advantage in an international rugby match. He can be very proud of himself, and has won a lot of respect from Welsh fans with his conduct.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down