The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012

4 posters

Go down

test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012 Empty test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 6:27 pm

What would be your tests side of players that will break through in 2012, have to be under 25, dont have to have played for their country, if you think they will break through next year then pick them, this is mine:

1)Ahmad Shahzad (Pakistan)
2)Alex Hales (England)
3)Darren Bravo (West Indies, will make the no3 spot his permantely)
4)Virat Kohil (India)
5)Kirk Edwards (West Indies) made a great century on test debut, but think he might end up dropping down the order
6)Naeem Islam (Bangladesh)
7)Tim Paine (Australia) (WK)
8)Ravichandran Ashwin (India)
9)Chris Woakes (England)
10)Junaid Khan (Pakistan)
11)James Pattinson (Australia)

Back to top Go down

test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012 Empty Re: test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012

Post by hodge Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

James Taylor maybe......

tbh doubt Hales will as i can't see Cook/Strauss being dropped so there isn't really the chance for Hales to break through.

Woakes..... could do, will need to keep his performances up this year to be noticed and a winter tour for the lions doing well could keep him in great position for next season however, he would need either a seamer to lose form or get picked instead of Morgan and Prior 6 for me.

hodge

Back to top Go down

test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012 Empty Re: test side made up of young players that will breakthrough in 2012

Post by Liam_Main Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

Good side mate although I think Dernbach will make a major breakthrough next year rather than Woakes. I would watch out for Morne Van Wyk this year also hard to fit him into the side though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

CF
mate James Taylor in for Naeem Islam
Otherwise your team is perfect

Apart frm that XI I think Trent Boult from NZ is one to keep an eye out for.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 08 Aug 2011, 7:46 pm

Always been impressed with Darren Bravo everytime I have seen him bat. Just seems to have something about him. Another one to watch out for, although he made need a few more years before international honours, is the lad Nic Maddinson (I think) from Australia. 19 and he has 2 first class centuries. Consistency will hopefully come with time.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down