The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crunch Time!

+4
John Cregan
RebelBhoy
Thomond
Gaelic-Warrior
8 posters

Go down

Who will be lifting Sam?

Crunch Time! Vote_lcap15%Crunch Time! Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Crunch Time! Vote_lcap46%Crunch Time! Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
Crunch Time! Vote_lcap15%Crunch Time! Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Crunch Time! Vote_lcap23%Crunch Time! Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Crunch Time! Empty Crunch Time!

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

With the semi-final's coming up in the fitba championship who do you want to see take home sam? Who do you think will be taking home the silverware and who are we likely to see contesting this years big showdown at HQ. After all the joke Mayo for Sam stuff I'd like them to win their first title since 1951 after their recent heartbreak's in the latter stage. And Hopefully THEY won't get anywhere near the cup.

(Due to the last shambolic poll lessons have been learned by the v2 electoral commission and vote cancelling will be allowed)
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Crunch Time! Empty Re: Crunch Time!

Post by Thomond Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:29 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing Donegal win it,Mayo won't win and I expect them to br beaten well by Kerry. If it' Dublin V Kerry it has to be Kerry,they're the lesser of 2 evils.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

Agreed, I'd prefer a Mayo win but fully expecting a final of capital evil V south-west rural evil- in which I'd prefer the latter. Don't forget to vote!
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

Mayo. ..... heartache after heartache....it'd be great for em.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:48 pm

16.67% should be rounded to 17%...............heads will have to roll over this??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

You know I have to say DUBLIN!!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue 09 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

Not wanting to start a row Paddy Heaney in the Irish News made a couple of observations youse Cork men may or not agree with.
I am paraphrasing but I feel he basically said that Cork were a big athletic team and due to their physicality hadnt needed to evolve the game in any way. Is that short hand for CC didnt have to bother with gameplans or tactics.
The same article also suggested that all the most succesful teams now employed a synical fouling plan as a basis of their defensive strategy. He pointed in particular to the fouls count in the tyrone\ dubs game. Perhaps its no longer the dirty dubs but the synical gameplan dubs.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

Dublin have been fouling a lot over the last few years,it is how Cork beat them last year. They were smarter with it this year though,on Saturday any time a Tyrone fella came within the 21 just drag him down give away the point and stop any remote chance of a comeback.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

having a very defensive but disciplined defence like donegal maybe awful to look at but compared to dublin its nothing dublin's current system is closer to cheating really taking down a man so he cant score a goal in any other sport its a red card so why not gaa.

although it wouldnt have made much difference to saturdays result its donegal or kerry/mayo who will have to deal with dublin's unsporting tactics.

giving away free's to players like peter harte in front of hill 16 may work but not when michael murphy is about and deffenly not the kingdom.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 11 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Dublin have been a lot more disciplined this year,they gave away frees on Saturday to try and avoid conceding a goal,they knew they could reply with a point of their own anyway.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:36 pm

patrick91 wrote:having a very defensive but disciplined defence like donegal maybe awful to look at but compared to dublin its nothing dublin's current system is closer to cheating really taking down a man so he cant score a goal in any other sport its a red card so why not gaa.

although it wouldnt have made much difference to saturdays result its donegal or kerry/mayo who will have to deal with dublin's unsporting tactics.

giving away free's to players like peter harte in front of hill 16 may work but not when michael murphy is about and deffenly not the kingdom.

Are you serious?? A Tyrone man complaining about synical fouling Laugh Ive heard it all now, just because you have been destroyed at your own game twice in the last two year's there is no need for the pitiful excuse's, do you not realize Tyrone invented this garbage?? And you wonder why people don't like Tyrone?? Nobody outside Dublin like's Dublin but do you think we care? I suggest you grow a pair and stop with the nobody like's us and the pitiful excuses.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:38 pm

Nobody likes Cork but we don't care,most people like Dublin for some reason.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

nobody likes tyrone more than any other team in ulster if we lose we dont care who wins if the rest lose its we dont care who wins aslong as tyrone dont big difference.

when we did it people described it as puke football when you do it for some reason its described as synical fouling and gilroy is described as a tactical genius see the gaa looks after its crown jewels.

when we won our all-irelands we did it on merit we didnt have to cheat.

and just on saturdays match you won by only 7 points against an awful tyrone team kerry would have had the game done and dusted by half time even donegal or mayo would have won by more than 7.

patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:28 pm

patrick91 wrote:when we won our all-irelands we did it on merit we didnt have to cheat.

Aye right, very good pat- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwmErywscOc&feature=related

No one likes us, we don't care. No we don't give a Poopie!
I'm obviously no fan of dublin but even I'd rather watch them than donegal, patrick. Some of the football I've seen them play this year on TSG was awful, their games against Antrim and tyrone were probably the worst of the lot. There is a lot of defensive fouling going on atm. People described it as puke football because it's not always the best to watch (even you admitted that) It'd also be naive to say that there wasn't illegal challenges in tyrone's blanket either pat. Now that other teams are successfully employing the same tactics against tyrone you seem to think that everyone is against the red hands and that you haven't got the credit you deserve for your success.

Just for the gas- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8jWZ4g7Nc&feature=related
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

My God I didnt realise there was a competition for everybody hates us most.
Tyrone and Armagh raised the level of cynacism in the game. The only point at issue is have Dublin and Donegal raised it further or does it just look like that as we compare the tired tyrone of 2011 to the new kids on the block. For the record I dont care who wins any year beyond my own county and as long as Armagh are no where near it.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm

thats nothing to what redmond did.

funny there is alot of tyrone on youtube by non tyrone people.

but you wont hear anything bad mentioned when dublin do it you cant offend the the county that brings in the biggest revenue to the gaa.

tyrone were not giving enough credit for the last decade like 3 all-irelands in 6 seasons isnt enough for most people.

i dont care who wins to be honest when tyrone lose id like to see the underdog win kerry have won enough time for a new winner.

true what us and armagh did donegal and dublin have took it further.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:39 pm

enjoy your weekend folks.

I'm off to miss the shmall ball
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 12 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

All the best Rebel....shame you'll miss the biggest upset in hurling history Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sat 13 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

Patrick, Tyrone have been a great team over the year's and have raised the bar, people will alway's find a way to not like the best team's, synical fouling is part of the game and Tyrone and Armagh have been master's of it in recent year's.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down