The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather's trainer and his peak..

+2
Scottrf
Pedro147
6 posters

Go down

Mayweather's trainer and his peak.. Empty Mayweather's trainer and his peak..

Post by Pedro147 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

Things a bit slow here this morning so something just sprung to mind so I thought I'd post it.

Does Floyd's uncle Roger train any other boxers? If so are they successful? Is it a case of Roger be dealt a perfect hand in training Floyd, bit like Enzo Calzaghe having Joe.

Also, as with regard to the 'possible' fight with Manny, what weight do you think this fight would be the most entertaining at. I know it's a bit of a fantasy question but at what weight do you think this fight would've been the best spectacle. People have questioned Mayweather's power moving through the weights so I personally think Floyd was at his best at 135lbs.

Thoughts guys Smile

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Mayweather's trainer and his peak.. Empty Re: Mayweather's trainer and his peak..

Post by Scottrf Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

Yes he does. He and Sr. are in opposing corners in a fight coming up on ESPN. Can't remember who.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Mayweather's trainer and his peak.. Empty Re: Mayweather's trainer and his peak..

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 09 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

he breifly trained hatton

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 12:10 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:he breifly trained hatton

His father trained Hatton, his uncle didn't.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 09 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

Floyd Senior trained Hatton and apparently Floyd Jr. gave Hatton a gameplan to go in with, looked good aswell... Rolling Eyes
Roger does have other boxers that he trains, though none of them I know show any MAJOR potential, though I am not too interested in a mindless muppet such as Roger Mayweather. Though can't argue he does know his boxing...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:22 am

Look out for Jesse Vargas! He's with Mayweather promotions and I'm sure is trained by Roger, quality fighter on the come up.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:55 am

Didn't know he was trained by Roger, he looks pretty good however he has not been in with anyone real, though he stepped in with Vivian Harris I believe but Harris was on the slide, but still really young think he s only like 21 or something, so plenty more to come wouldn't mind seeing him step it up a bit. I think a Prescott might be decent one to test him out, someone along those lines anyway, maybe a slight level below that would be ok.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:45 am

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12533_7088536,00.html

Interesting article by the "Pocket Rocket" regarding Floyd Sr and Roger's respective fighters.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down