The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sale Sharks Sign Argentine Back Tuculet

Go down

Sale Sharks Sign Argentine Back Tuculet Empty Sale Sharks Sign Argentine Back Tuculet

Post by MBTGOG Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

Sale Sharks have announced the signing of 22-year-old Argentine full-back Joaquin Tuculet on a one-year deal from Club de Rugby Los Tilos.

Tuculet was part of the Pampas team that won the Vodacom Cup in South Africa, scoring a try in the semi-final win over the Sharks.

Also capable of playing as a centre and fly-half, he played for his country's 'A' Team, Los Jaguares, in the IRB Nations Cup in Romania. He scored four tries in four matches. Two years ago, he represented his country in the IRB Junior World Cup in Japan.

Tuculet, who has risen through the ranks of club rugby in his native land, is widely expected to break into the senior international ranks in the near future.

" I first saw Joaquin when I coached Russia and he impressed me in a game when we played Los Jaguares," said Sale boss Steve Diamond.

"He narrowly missed out on selection for the Puma's World Cup Squad, and I am delighted he has joined us. He will fit in perfectly with what we are trying to achieve at the club and has already started training."

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7091621,00.html

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down