The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!!

+7
rodders
Sin é
Jenifer McLadyboy
mrsuperclear
Artful_Dodger
tecphobe
C'mon You Irish
11 posters

Go down

I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!! Empty I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!!

Post by C'mon You Irish Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:28 pm

I have seen him play there a few times and have been quite impressed and the way Darcy has played for use for the last couple of years now he could do no worse

What you think

C'mon You Irish

Back to top Go down

I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!! Empty Re: I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!!

Post by tecphobe Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:05 am

nope trimble dosnt have the hands to play in the centre

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!! Empty Re: I Would Love To See Trimble In The Middle With BOD!!!

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:20 am

wum...

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:06 am

I'd echo both the above comments.

For the sake of argument though, even if you theoretically accepted that Trimble could play in the centre to test standard, why would you play him above others? I assume you want to move BOD to 12, yes? Why would you play Trimble ahead of Earls, who has played there for Munster very recently in the HC (I know Trimble played centre for a bit with Ulster at the start of his career), or Bowe, who's played there for the Lions. I'm hoping you're not suggesting we put him in the inside centre position! Bad as D'arcy is, (a) we have Paddy Wallace and McFadden (I know I give him stick but he'd be better than Trimble) and (b) D'arcy, bad as he has been recently, isn't bad enough to justify going for a hail Mary and putting Trimble in there.

Keep Trimble on the wing, he excels there. He's nailed on that wing if Earls is full back and it's 50/50 between the two if Kearney or whoever is FB (I'd pick whichever of Earls and Trimble does better in the warm up's - form alone would dictate that decision, it's that close for me).

I hope I've defeated your evil foreign WUM but, if not, I'm sure other's will in the morning! Night night sunshine Hug

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:26 am

Yes absolutely. Providing Darcy, Bowe, Earls, Fitz, McFaden, and even Paddy fricken Wallace are injured. Otherwise he can have the 11, 14 or 22 jersey. (if only some of those are hurt)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:29 am

C'mon You Irish wrote:I have seen him play there a few times and have been quite impressed and the way Darcy has played for use for the last couple of years now he could do no worse

What you think

eh, the one and only time in the last 3 seasons that Trimble played inside centre for Ulster, Ulster LOST the match 43-0. Shocked
He hasn't played there since. Whistle

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:35 am

Sin é wrote:eh, the one and only time in the last 3 seasons that Trimble played inside centre for Ulster, Ulster LOST the match 43-0. Shocked

You're some man for the stats Sin é! Do you have portfolio's of stats all neatly organised in folder's next to your computer or something? It's unbelievable the stuff you crop up with so quickly. Keep it up chief!! notworthy clap

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:50 am

mrsuperclear wrote:
Sin é wrote:eh, the one and only time in the last 3 seasons that Trimble played inside centre for Ulster, Ulster LOST the match 43-0. Shocked

You're some man for the stats Sin é! Do you have portfolio's of stats all neatly organised in folder's next to your computer or something? It's unbelievable the stuff you crop up with so quickly. Keep it up chief!! notworthy clap

Not beside my computer !

Bookmark this link:
http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/player-zoom-3444-ligueceltique-2008-starter.html

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Thu 11 Aug 2011, 1:58 am

A magician never reveals his secrets Sin é?? Wink

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Sins stats are amazing. They always in some way paint Munster and it's players as infallible.... Very Happy

For instance I bet if I asked sin how many times Munster have lost with Keith Earls in the centre there would no doubt be a system malfunction..... Whistle

Sin could also have pointed out that when Trimble last played an International at 12, against Scotland in 2008, he gave one of his best International performances and Ireland won. But then that wouldn't have proved his point would it?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:30 am

Surely the OP would be more concerned with Tuilagi and the other islander in Englands center, innit?

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

roddersm wrote:For instance I bet if I asked sin how many times Munster have lost with Keith Earls in the centre there would no doubt be a system malfunction..... Whistle

Hey! You can't point the finger at a single player for a loss based solely on a set of stats!

Wait a second.... Headscratch

zen
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

MMC wrote:
roddersm wrote:For instance I bet if I asked sin how many times Munster have lost with Keith Earls in the centre there would no doubt be a system malfunction..... Whistle

Hey! You can't point the finger at a single player for a loss based solely on a set of stats!

Wait a second.... Headscratch

zen

Laugh Only pulling your leg sin. I'd like to see Earls given a run in the centre too but disagree that Trimble can't play there.

Interesting article in the independent this morning with Rob Henderson calling for BOD to move to 12 and Earls to play 13 as well.

In the short/medium term at least it makes perfect sense until Marshall, Spence, O'Malley, Hanaran and McFadden are ready to step into the breach.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

Rodders - Munster have a win success rate of 78% with Earls at centre. (winning 21 out of 27 games). Smile

Last time Trimble started for Ireland as a centre, Ireland lost to England 33-10* - no wonder the OP wants Ireland to play him in the centre.

MMc - the points of my stats really was to figure out when a) the opening poster saw Trimble play at centre to rate him there and b) whatever about Trimble's own skills, they were not working with the rest of the team he played with.

*Shane Horgan was his partner in crime that day!

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:01 am

Sin é wrote:Rodders - Munster have a win success rate of 78% with Earls at centre. (winning 21 out of 27 games). Smile

OK Sin relax, you had me at "hello" Laugh

Trimbles last and only game at 12 was against Scotland, therefore he has 100% success rate in an international jersey in the 12 jersey Wink .

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Sin é wrote:MMc - the points of my stats really was to figure out when a) the opening poster saw Trimble play at centre to rate him there and b) whatever about Trimble's own skills, they were not working with the rest of the team he played with.

Don't worry Sin. I'm only ball-hopping. Smile

The Hendo article is worth a read by the way.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/henderson-calls-for-odriscoll-switch-2845391.html

I'll be honest, I'd love to see Earls at centre with BOD. He showed what he can do when paired with a centre who can make space for him. JDV did it by punching holes in the opposition defence, BOD can do it simply by being there and attracting defenders.

The two tries against Wales are testament to this. Especially the one that didn't come from the quick tap (can't remember if it was the first or second one, I think it was the first one though).

It's worth a shot in one of the games before the world cup IMO.
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:10 am

MMC wrote:
Sin é wrote:MMc - the points of my stats really was to figure out when a) the opening poster saw Trimble play at centre to rate him there and b) whatever about Trimble's own skills, they were not working with the rest of the team he played with.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/henderson-calls-for-odriscoll-switch-2845391.html

I'll be honest, I'd love to see Earls at centre with BOD. He showed what he can do when paired with a centre who can make space for him. JDV did it by punching holes in the opposition defence, BOD can do it simply by being there and attracting defenders.

The two tries against Wales are testament to this. Especially the one that didn't come from the quick tap (can't remember if it was the first or second one, I think it was the first one though).

But there is no mention of Paddy Wallace stepping into 12! Henderson is obviously biased as well......

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:11 am

Boyne wrote:
MMC wrote:

But there is no mention of Paddy Wallace stepping into 12! Henderson is obviously biased as well......

When will Mafi be Irish qualified? Run
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

Are you serious?

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

Boyne wrote:Are you serious?

Are you? Shocked
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

Didn't he plays 7s for NZ?

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

Boyne wrote:Didn't he plays 7s for NZ?

Yes. zen
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

About Henderson being anti Paddy? Obviously. Paddy Wallace has great hands don't you know.

OK, I'll stop now.

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

Boyne wrote:About Henderson being anti Paddy? Obviously. Paddy Wallace has great hands don't you know.

OK, I'll stop now.

Henderson? Sure doesn't he have a big English head up on him anyway...
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

Boyne wrote:

He's obviously not overly impressed with McFadden either so clearly he is... Whistle

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

roddersm wrote:
Boyne wrote:

He's obviously not overly impressed with McFadden either so clearly he is... Whistle

Ya but rodders, think of how low McFadden's centre of gravity is though. Like, it's really really low.
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

MMC wrote:
roddersm wrote:
Boyne wrote:

Ya but rodders, think of how low McFadden's centre of gravity is though. Like, it's really really low.

Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:55 am

I pretty much disagree with Henderson re. BOD. His passing has never been the best part of his game. He makes opportunities for himself not for other players, he's a great finisher, he has an unparalleled instinct for the tryline- I think he ideally suited to 13, not 12. I think he would need to change his natural game a fair bit if he started at 12.

No question he has the talent to do it, of course. No question he has the vision and reads the game well enough. I just feel he's going to offer more to the team at 13 even now.

Also, he talks about Rob Kearney coming into the line. I would love an Ireland team where that actually happened.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:08 am

Notch wrote:Also, he talks about Rob Kearney coming into the line. I would love an Ireland team where that actually happened.

I have to say, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that. laughing
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

MMC wrote:
Notch wrote:Also, he talks about Rob Kearney coming into the line. I would love an Ireland team where that actually happened.

I have to say, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that. laughing

Thats was a big problem against Scotland for me and a big reason we struggled to make linebreaks. Kearney didn't hit the line once in attack that I can recall and certainly didn't offer himself as a support or strike runner.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

Sin é wrote:
mrsuperclear wrote:

Not beside my computer !

Bookmark this link:
http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/player-zoom-3444-ligueceltique-2008-starter.html

It's interesting that of the eight games Trimble played at 14 on that page Ulster only won one. He's obviously useless on the right wing as well then...

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down